Player
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibz View Post
    I wasn't referring to you, unless you also think it's fair to say that because they're removing morale frontlines going in naked is the same as going in with gear.
    My mistake, I mistook "the defenders of having morale" to imply anyone defending Morale, myself included.

The thing with Morale being taken out as a temporary measure, is that it doesn't work in the long run (without changes similar to what I've suggested). If they just go "OK, everyone has enough Wolf Marks for i90, we can put Morale back in and there wouldn't be a difference", then anyone who comes in new at that point is screwed in the same way we're against currently.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cero Skill
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    if pvp gear is useless in frontlines they are the making new gear? ( which is totally stupid) coz Accuracy is totally useless in pvp and Pve gear is full of accuracy or atleast most of it, so u will have to make ur own set in between non Acc coil gear and Non accuracy Crafted gear.... they had months to think about the front line... im not sure if its true that morale wont work or if Accuracy will be 100% useless in front lines also but if they making frontlines like that where accuracy and morale are useless they are not worth my money, coz i thoguht about better ideas in 5 minuts.i STILL trust them, all we can do is continue speculating and wait till erything is comfirmed 100%.

PD:if both stats Accuracy and morale are uselses in front lines SE team would show a lack of intelligence and of ideas, would be a huge mistake.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cero0; 06-18-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Caly Mero
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Anyway you only need between 363 and 372 Accuracy in pvp (except if you are blind by a smn/sch).
    Almost every pve gear got accuracy, and pvp got morale, it's hard to find a "BIS" for frontline actually. There is only 3-4 sets "available" and they are almost all useless at some point.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rawk Sawlid
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibz View Post
    Yes gear stats capped to i80 and going into PvP naked is totally the same, dat logic and fair point.
    It's an extreme statement to show the point that I want to use my pvp gear in Frontlines. Obviously I don't realistically think that being naked is the same as level synced pve gear.

Also I main PvP with DRG, main PvE WHM. Since obtaining pvp gear i have thrown away all pve gear that my DRG had minus it's original AF set. So in reality I don't even have PvE for DRG. Not that i can't spend time in Levi or run the ex modes again to grab a wep, and grind for dungeon gear. It's still a kick in the face. Even if I'm for morale, I'll accept a compromise that allows pvp gear an advantage and useable in frontlines. Technically you can use it, but if it offers a disadvantage then it's a problem. That's why removing morale sucks, because right now there's no mentioning of tweaking pvp gear to make them viable.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rawk Sawlid
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Regarding accuracy caps, I'd imagine with ilvl sync it won't matter with accuracy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kantei Shiva
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    If it works, it works. PvP expands, then more changes come later.

The past three months we had to slug through countless posts of how win traders cheated us by getting the status symbols before us! Now it is SE cheating us by taking our status symbols.

Both of which, also affected me as a player. Even being affected by the changes, I rather have a PvP mode that doesn't punish new players by gear melting them and giving them 1/3rd of the winners reward also deters the ones who get left behind from continuing to exp, because the gear melting only gets worse.

All in all, it punishes everyone. Bottlers, cheaters, and legit players.

Most of the suggested fixes here, end up with same result SE already intends to implement. Only harder to explain to the ones who don't PvP.

Both SE's and "Morale boost" negate 6 months of work for the community. It irked me for two days, then I noticed a lot of new names in Wolves Den. When I saw people from my server, I of course asked if they wanted to join a PvP shell, they said Yes.

When I am asked them why they are starting to PvP. The response was front lines. Picked up 12 new members yesterday with a handful of shouts in Mor Dhona, Mist Ward 1, and Wolves Den pier.

All in all, it looks like I need to make a third PvP shell if the trend continues.

This conversation isn't very constructive, and just shows us how pissed most are that they are making PvP less about dress up, and more about teamwork.

This isn't me saying you shouldn't be angry, but lashing out against people who agree with your words, but are against the intent, reason or cause that is making you say those words, isn't going to win anyone over.

Either way, I took the time to read this whole thread. I took what was said, versus what has been said in the past. Looked at the reason why these things are being said now all of a sudden. All in all, it was a huge waste of time.

My involvement in this thread, I consider it a loss lol. Why? Because some how I set Zulu_Kulu off again. Which is a shame, I normally agree with what he means to say, but argue against how he said it. I.E. starts his posts off with "Your wrong", quotes specific lines, and focuses on the one line versus the whole message.

Either way, in PvP, I focus on the people around me. Not the armor and items. I'm not into pathetic positions of power nor faulty status symbols. I'm into the fight itself, and the people I am fighting with/against..

I had fun collecting my i100 pieces with my friends, cross-server rivals, and linkshell mates. Them taking away my armors advantage in a new mode, doesn't negate the fun I had O.o

Either way, this is the entire communities fault. Our toxic lashing out at each other in wolves den, telling people to grind out for 300 hours in 30/40's before they can play with the big boys in 50's.

With this new mode, I don't have to tell newer members of my shell "You can legit 50's PvP with us a few months from now.....when you've earned false progress(morale gear)."

Now I get to say, "Cool come along, there are no needless obstacles to fear in this mode, just focus on learning how to read the flow of battle."

When someone bitches about losing, I flat out get to look at them and say "the other team beat you with skill/knowledge" not "Ohh they had better gear"

The past few pages had people saying the exact same things, but with various people splitting hair A,B, or C. And calling each other wrong over focusing on the smallest matter in the subjects.

If need to know why SE put the kid gloves on for this mode, review this thread and see how our community interacts with each other. Blame SE, then blame botters, then win traders, and then yourself lol.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kantei; 06-19-2014 at 05:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ragecake Etherage
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantei View Post
    If need to know why SE put the kid gloves on for this mode, review this thread and see how our community interacts with each other.
    Pretty much this. Hopefully the community expands and the majority weeds out the toxicity plaguing the PvP forums.

I'm hopeful.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Judge Sabathiel
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmoria View Post
    Bonjour Edenlys,

Malheureusement, je ne suis pas porteuse de bonnes nouvelles.
    • Les mirages ne seront pas affichés.
    • Il sera nécessaire d’être de la même grande compagnie.
    A french mod say on forum we need to have the same company to play together

Ridiculous
    (3)

Player
    Character
    C'eve Arthu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Well thats pretty dumb
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Blaon Yagai
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Not being able to play with a friend who belongs to a different GC? Come on now.

Yeah, you can change your GC's affiliation. However, doesn't it reset your PVP rank to 0? Sigh.

I hope SE changes it, really. I was enjoying every little piece of information about Frontlines until this "same GC or screw you" thing...
    (1)

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast