Player
    Character
    Rawk Sawlid
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Protesting Frontlines

Hello. Upon reading the recent news of morale stat being irrelevant and ilvl80 gear sync, I am severely disappointed and mad. If you would like to debate whether this was a good decision by SE or not, please post on the other threads. Rather, I'm asking for support for those that feel and think the same as me and are very upset at the lack of gear progression in the long awaited Frontlines.

If this is 100% true, and Frontlines does not count morale stat and ilvl80 gear, with no real compensation to tweaking pvp gear to allow an advantage, I will be protesting frontlines. I will be doing this by queueing Naked as often as I can. Why naked? Because I'm saying "Hello SE, you don't care about gear anyway, I might as well be naked".

If anyone would like to join, please do so.
    (29)

Player
    Character
    Vittorino Saggio
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    100% agree with you,

On the other hand, catering to the casuals is a good thing, keep the carebear pvp for equalized.
    And let us have a Frontline that is not equalized. Think that's legitimately fair.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pande Monium
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    As i said in the other thread remove the morale boost on frontlines is like remove high allagan gear from second coil when third coil will be released.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Zulu Kulu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverharp View Post
    Hey, remember when that online video game petition actually caused something to happen?

Neither do I.
    i thought i repost this here

edit.

to me, this seems like an reaction to a certain trading of wins exploit that alot of ppl are doing now. most players arent even being subtle about it anymore.so SE does what they always do, remove the exploit advantage by punishing the playerbase with restriction or in this case remove the one pvp element that make pvp gear better than pve gear. also i also assume the reason why FL wolf marks and exp are remaining the same to due to prevent pvp boosting (which is silly , but whatever). like i said before, when we as the playerbase, abused mechanics and make it a everyday thing, SE ALWAYS punish everyone by doing something that negates the exploit. so goodbye morale stat and i better start grinding pve 115 gear
    (7)
    Last edited by zulu_kulu; 06-13-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Roderic Musard
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Itemization are part of mmo. Too bad to trow that away.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tandy Thorne
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I personally think morale will be important for arena pvp, and tactics/skill will be more important in large scale pvp.

While it does kinda suck for those of you that have the pvp gear, having everyone synced to an ilvl of 80 and no morale means its a very level field where your skill at your class is the primary thing in your favor. 24v24v24 will be more tactical and be about not playing stupid instead of having your one "Hero" who has max morale standing against an army of newbie pvp'ers, or worse who goes around killing single people faster than they can say "OMG". Those fights are never that entertaining to most people, and I am kinda glad we wont have those types of players even possible in frontlines.

After all isnt pvp more fun when its all even and its about who is really "better" than who has win traded for gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk View Post
    I will be doing this by queueing Naked as often as I can. Why naked? Because I'm saying "Hello SE, you don't care about gear anyway, I might as well be naked".
    While I can understand your frustration, I have a feeling this will be be something that leads to a supremely fast "time out" from SE for a few days/weeks. Plus its an asshat thing to do to the people who really are playing it to have fun, and no one wants to be known as the asshole who ruined everyone's fun
    (4)
    Last edited by Tandy; 06-13-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    K'atya Jhamei
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    IAfter all isnt pvp more fun when its all even and its about who is really "better" than who has win traded for gear?(
    The same could be said for every single PvE encounter. If it's really about who's the best (and not about who paid for merc services or got carried by their FC) then why bother doling out Allagan and High Allagan gear? The argument doesn't hold water. If Yoshida stripped all your Allagan gear of value after the months of hard work you put into it and told you to don your AF gear for Coil 3, you'd start a riot.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Tandy Thorne
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shake0615 View Post
    The same could be said for every single PvE encounter. If it's really about who's the best (and not about who paid for merc services or got carried by their FC) then why bother doling out Allagan and High Allagan gear? The argument doesn't hold water. If Yoshida stripped all your Allagan gear of value after the months of hard work you put into it and told you to don your AF gear for Coil 3, you'd start a riot.
    Actually the same is entirely 100% true for pve as well. Once we get a level cap raise, we will be ilvl capped doing all current content. All new content is steared towards gaining new gear too. If coil 3 mobs were tuned to be fought in AF gear more power to it, bring it on, but it will be tuned for current gear, TO MAKE IT FAIR.

If we didnt have allagan and high allagan gear you would doing new coil in Darklight and the mobs would destroy you.....JUST like how an uber geared PVP player can kill a new PVP player. See the similarities there?

By making things fair it makes it more fun for a lot of the player base.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    K'atya Jhamei
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Actually the same is entirely 100% true for pve as well. Once we get a level cap raise, we will be ilvl capped doing all current content. All new content is steared towards gaining new gear too. If coil 3 mobs were tuned to be fought in AF gear more power to it, bring it on, but it will be tuned for current gear, TO MAKE IT FAIR.

If we didnt have allagan and high allagan gear you would doing new coil in Darklight and the mobs would destroy you.....JUST like how an uber geared PVP player can kill a new PVP player. See the similarities there?

By making things fair it makes it more fun for a lot of the player base.

That's precisely why a matchmaking system exists - to pair people of similar rank and presumably item level and skill. In PvE, encounters scale based on the assumption that people who have a higher item level will be able to keep up with the higher demands of the fight. Matchmaking works similarly in that the system tries to pair people who are on equal footing. I realize in the context of Frontlines that matchmaking like the Wolves' Den won't work efficiently, but I do not defend the decision to remove Morale from the equation entirely because it eliminates all utility of PvP gear. Without Morale, the Direwolf Robe of Healing (PvP Rank 30) is inferior to the Cashmere Robe of Healing (PvE i90) because the latter has a Determination bonus and the former has a broken stat. That's just absurd.

However, please don't make the mistake of assuming that I'm defending a system that allows i100 players to one-shot others. Not at all! I've gotten slammed by enough high rank, high item level parties in my time. I just feel that if Morale is to be phased out of large scale encounters then there MUST be a replacement stat on the PvP gear that makes it useful in Frontlines (or maybe a set bonus?). Otherwise, a player like myself who hasn't even tried the new Coil Turns for lack of interest will be compelled to complete PvE content that I don't want to in order to play the PvP content that I do. At the moment that isn't a problem because Frontlines will be synced to 80, but in the future that will change.

Hell, I would be content if they allowed us to progress equally through PvP as well as PvE - that would eliminate barriers for both parties. Let's say the Swansgrace Cane didn't come with a huge morale bonus but instead had the same stats as High Allagan Crook. Same gear, different ways of achieving it. That way everyone's happy and no one is left behind due to a gear gap.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shake0615; 06-13-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Player
    Character
    Epistane Havoc
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shake0615 View Post
    Snip
    This is EXACTLY how I feel.

And Tandy, it's not about one shotting people. I'm COMPLETELY for skill and balance. But it isn't balance when PvP gear will only have 3 stats. A bunch of us BUSTED our asses PvPing for the pvp gear and have been pvping for months. Have been at it since day one of Wolves' Den release.

All of a sudden we're told that we'll be missing a fourth stat and that we HAVE to PvE just to pvp? Lol? It's a huge kick in the balls. Since glamour dosen't work in wolves den, there might be a chance it doesn't work in Frontlines either. So now what good is PvP gear?

IMO, they should do this.
    Allow melds to only work on PvP gear, that way PvP gear still has a use AND it helps with the fourth missing stat problem

BOOM PROBLEM SOLVED.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz View Post
    but what's the point in PvP gear existing if it's made not only irrelevant, but actually WORSE than PvE gear due to a missing secondary stat?
    ^^^^^ This x1000000

And to the people saying "PvP for fun"........
    Fuck yeah I PvP for fun. I play games for fun. BUT I DON'T play MMOs to sit in fucking queue for 30+ mins (aka wolves den queue) and to look at 7/8 7/8 7/8 7/8 7/8 all day
    (5)
    Last edited by Epistane; 06-13-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast