Player
    Character
    Alise Reinhart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80

What does Pld do in Frontline ?

I remember how Pld is no use in PvP wolfden, which might as well use MRD or WAR.

But now, I don't know if the new Frontline system has any use for Pld?
    (0)

FFXIV : ARR all instance boss gameplay video can be found here..
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Arikameow/videos?shelf_index=0&sort=dd&view=0

Player
    Character
    Vittorino Saggio
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Ofc you do, PLD is not a dps class.

Utilize your CD's appropriately, PLD are Peeler's (Stun) utility for the party. heal if need be, stoneskin if need be, lock a target down and give your team enough time to destroy that target.
    Just need to find your niche'.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sir Noblewar
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I be stunning Healers. I mark, tell people to go for 1, i'll stun 2 and if there is 3 we sleep em
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jadi Kama
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Before the stun nerf pld was very good at holding a target in place +20% damage taken for a very long time allowing your dps to burn down a target. Better at it than mrd but less damage of their own.. they needed the dps's to focus when you went for burndown because you could only do it once before DR. (rando drg's and mnk's would often ruin this effect with their gap closers) pld could also prevent a similar situation with cover/sentinel.

I mained whm for a few thousand matches in wolfs den, a war is scarey but a pld could be worse depending on his teamwork due to the ability to chain-stun your ass for-basically-ever.

Now with the nerf it's less effective and their ability to peel isn't as good either.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jadi; 07-09-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Player
    Character
    Pink Logic
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alise View Post
    I remember how Pld is no use in PvP wolfden, which might as well use MRD or WAR.

But now, I don't know if the new Frontline system has any use for Pld?
    what are you talkin about? PLDs are beast ... if you utilize your abilities wisely. everyone already addressed PLD use in wolves den so i won't touch on that but in Frontlines, PLDs make great scouts and flag ninja'rs. they can easily solo weak bases and call for backup and hold it down until backup arrives. if you manage to get on a good competent FL team that actually plays the battleground and comes when bases are called, PLDs are very useful for that or to cause a distraction at one base while your team takes another.
    (1)

Character
    Dee Loe
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Cover and Testudo. Please, please God. I cannot stress how useful PLDs COULD BE to healers and anyone being gang banged. I'm on my 45~ match as a healer and I've only seen Cover maybe once or twice. Other than that....I've seen a STR+DET based PLD be the top dmg on the boards.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    C'eve Arthu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Alise View Post
    Except it could just rotate stuns on everyone on the enemy team, cover the healer, etc

Paladin was pretty fucking amazing in wolves den, still is
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Epistane Havoc
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    We run 1-2 PLDs in our group with a 1-2 heals. Your job is to throw out stuns. Protect healer with stuns/tetsu/cover when needed. Stun stun stun. chain stun healers especially, we always have our group call out kill targets which are usually healers first, chain stun then RIP.

And PLD's were/are amazing in wolves den lol... In frontlines a good PLD = our healers are pretty much near immortal (ok not really, but when you are 8 people going up against 12+ people that are constantly ressing and running back that tetsu/cover/stunning targets off ur healer REALLY makes a huge difference)

So yes in frontlines they are amazing. but if you are solo queueing ehhhh.... Basically they shine A LOT more in a good group than they would solo if you get what I'm saying
    (0)
    Last edited by Epistane; 07-10-2014 at 03:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ispen Frostwyght
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Same as wolves den protect healers lock down theirs or the other casters another job in front lines is hold areas.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ukaei Ukaei
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    The nerf was harsh on Paladins...
    (1)
    PS3 limitations

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast