Player
    Character
    Rawk Sawlid
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Protesting Frontlines

Hello. Upon reading the recent news of morale stat being irrelevant and ilvl80 gear sync, I am severely disappointed and mad. If you would like to debate whether this was a good decision by SE or not, please post on the other threads. Rather, I'm asking for support for those that feel and think the same as me and are very upset at the lack of gear progression in the long awaited Frontlines.

If this is 100% true, and Frontlines does not count morale stat and ilvl80 gear, with no real compensation to tweaking pvp gear to allow an advantage, I will be protesting frontlines. I will be doing this by queueing Naked as often as I can. Why naked? Because I'm saying "Hello SE, you don't care about gear anyway, I might as well be naked".

If anyone would like to join, please do so.
    (29)

Player
    Character
    Vittorino Saggio
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    100% agree with you,

On the other hand, catering to the casuals is a good thing, keep the carebear pvp for equalized.
    And let us have a Frontline that is not equalized. Think that's legitimately fair.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pande Monium
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    As i said in the other thread remove the morale boost on frontlines is like remove high allagan gear from second coil when third coil will be released.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Zulu Kulu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverharp View Post
    Hey, remember when that online video game petition actually caused something to happen?

Neither do I.
    i thought i repost this here

edit.

to me, this seems like an reaction to a certain trading of wins exploit that alot of ppl are doing now. most players arent even being subtle about it anymore.so SE does what they always do, remove the exploit advantage by punishing the playerbase with restriction or in this case remove the one pvp element that make pvp gear better than pve gear. also i also assume the reason why FL wolf marks and exp are remaining the same to due to prevent pvp boosting (which is silly , but whatever). like i said before, when we as the playerbase, abused mechanics and make it a everyday thing, SE ALWAYS punish everyone by doing something that negates the exploit. so goodbye morale stat and i better start grinding pve 115 gear
    (7)
    Last edited by zulu_kulu; 06-13-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bird Brush
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 10
    Quote Originally Posted by KitkatRoll View Post
    I understand how u guys feel, u farmed like a chinnese with no life and u deserve the items u got, but u also gotta understand. 1) Morale was
    going to ruin Frontlines and there is no argue about that, if you dont see it then seriously do some research. 2) Frontlines is new and it has attracted the attention of a lot of ppl so that means new players, imagine if u are a new player cause u want to play in frontlines but ur lvl 1 and everybody is geared up rlly badly through a madly grind, when u finnaly get to lvl 50 it will only get worst, so basically its not fair for the new players cause there will be no chance to catch up. 3)as i said i understand how u feel so i hope yoshi rewards u win traders or non wintraders with some rare items, i rlly dont give a fuck what he gives to you, but dont make pvp unfair from the start, this is coming from a person who loves pvp and looks at pvp like something to beat with coordination, strategy and as a team. i dont want to win it only cause i have an op gear, im high rank aswell and i approve what SE is doing.

1) Morale was going to ruin Frontlines and there is no argue about that, if you dont see it then seriously do some research.
    What does do some research even mean? Fact of that matter is that it wouldn't. I've started a million game servers late where people all had maxed out gears. What happend? In non-arenea pvp I still played just fine and made up for my lack of gear with skill. Yes, sometimes it sucks getting killed by someone who totally outgears you, but that is pvp in itself. In large scale pvp, the higher geared players here and there don't change that much. And especially in frontlines since everyone is in differnt GC's. People can't really choose to queue with friends. Meaning the high ranked players will be spread around equally. Hell, I even played pvp WOW servers with custom donate gears.. while all I had was lowest rank pvp gear, and it was fun as hell... those donation geared people didn't make all that much difference.
    Eventually you'll get geared up. I always did, regardless if others were maxed out already or not.

so basically its not fair for the new players cause there will be no chance to catch up.
    How will their be no chance to catch up? I started out 3 months late, when the queue time had dropped significantly and pvp was full of rank 30's. I caught up. The queue times will be much better now, everyone is more than capable of catching up. You don't need rank 40, you don't need rank 30. Warwolf is more than enough to give you a competitve edge and that takes no time at all. And not to mention you can now start using direwolf gear in the early 20's rank.
    (1)
    Last edited by tehomegaking; 06-13-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Pande Monium
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    To balance the frontline, synchronization is fine. Ok i understand that.
    I explain my problem. I am rank 26 as marauder, but now, i must change my job in frontline because all my gear is pvp. Me as Marauder vs a pve marauder or other job is in a disadvantage because i lose my 4th stat by morale which is useless now.

A high end player who farm high allagan weapon faceroll in frontline, just we change cards.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Roderic Musard
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Itemization are part of mmo. Too bad to trow that away.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tandy Thorne
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I personally think morale will be important for arena pvp, and tactics/skill will be more important in large scale pvp.

While it does kinda suck for those of you that have the pvp gear, having everyone synced to an ilvl of 80 and no morale means its a very level field where your skill at your class is the primary thing in your favor. 24v24v24 will be more tactical and be about not playing stupid instead of having your one "Hero" who has max morale standing against an army of newbie pvp'ers, or worse who goes around killing single people faster than they can say "OMG". Those fights are never that entertaining to most people, and I am kinda glad we wont have those types of players even possible in frontlines.

After all isnt pvp more fun when its all even and its about who is really "better" than who has win traded for gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk View Post
    I will be doing this by queueing Naked as often as I can. Why naked? Because I'm saying "Hello SE, you don't care about gear anyway, I might as well be naked".
    While I can understand your frustration, I have a feeling this will be be something that leads to a supremely fast "time out" from SE for a few days/weeks. Plus its an asshat thing to do to the people who really are playing it to have fun, and no one wants to be known as the asshole who ruined everyone's fun
    (4)
    Last edited by Tandy; 06-13-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Character
    Eden Elyss
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Need petition to do same ilvl80 sync in primal and all new content pve, third coil will only drop a mount in final turn
    SE is a badass mmo dev... Several month of pvp hard grinding and now you get f*****
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tandy Thorne
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Edenlys View Post
    Need petition to do same ilvl80 sync in primal and all new content pve, third coil will only drop a mount in final turn
    SE is a badass mmo dev... Several month of pvp hard grinding and now you get f*****
    Players being synced against monsters already happens, when you go into lower level instances. Players being synched against players is a totally different thing. Its not really comparable.

There could be good reasons for it too, maybe we get great titles and cosmetic gear in frontlines? Or abilities that make it faster to claim objectiveness, rez with more hp or resist status effects? We wont know till its out. It can be balanced on ilvl 80 and have lots of progression in it.
    (1)

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast