Player
    Character
    Beldarion Stormborn
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransu View Post
    Yes, you rely on gear rather than skill.
    And this my friends is the classic example of someone who loses more matches than they win in pVP,they think they offer us wise philantropic notes as to why winning doesn't mean everything.you are wrong! gear progression in pve and gear progresion in PVP is no different, same concept. THE GRIND= The Reward. your smoking choco dung if you think its cool to waste peoples time and money. Since when do we punish high level players in any format just to satisfy the fears of a new player base and punish players who legitimately spent hours and hours trying to receive marks. I just did frontlines and recieved 345 marks in one match. it would have taken 3 straight wins in WD to do that before, so isn't that incentive enough?!!! And why shouldn't we complain, because players like Ransu suck? Thats not a good enough reason for me
    (0)

Character
    Raansu Omiyari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    The classic retort of "you must suck." The logic behind this retort is kind of sad really. I suck at pvp yet you all are begging to hold onto a gear advantage. Its pretty sad. You're so terrified of losing that advantage because without gear you realize you're not that good.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Beldarion Stormborn
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransu View Post
    The classic retort of "you must suck." The logic behind this retort is kind of sad really. I suck at pvp yet you all are begging to hold onto a gear advantage. Its pretty sad. You're so terrified of losing that advantage because without gear you realize you're not that good.
    Simple logic will tell you that when I first started pvp I had no gear to begin with, just like EvERYBODY else. Did I whine when fully geared players with a bevy of morale and materia were spanking me. NO! I said I'm gonna grind this thing out. practice and persevererance makes better players not the magic wand u apparently have to automatically be good at everything as u claim

But like I said its simple logic, and judging from the last 122 post you've' spewed onto these forums in the last few months that are full of snarky judgment and devoid of any substance, you know not of what i speak of
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Egg Soup
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 50
    Hmmm. I wonder if the OP is still standing in the middle of a battlefield naked.
    (1)

Character
    Raansu Omiyari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira340stx View Post
    Simple logic will tell you that when I first started pvp I had no gear to begin with, just like EvERYBODY else. Did I whine when fully geared players with a bevy of morale and materia were spanking me. NO! I said I'm gonna grind this thing out. practice and persevererance makes better players not the magic wand u apparently have to automatically be good at everything as u claim

But like I said its simple logic, and judging from the last 122 post you've' spewed onto these forums in the last few months that are full of snarky judgment and devoid of any substance, you know not of what i speak of
    That's an incredibly flawed logic. "I had to grind so everyone else should suffer." I hate that logic. Its beyond childish. I've been grinding pvp gear in multiple MMO's and always min/max in them, but it doesn't change the fact that I believe pvp stats are a flawed design and frontlines is a positive step in moving away from it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Beldarion Stormborn
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Your fourth sentence contradicts your first, you're confused, and incredibly short-sighted. You've been "grinding pvp gear in multiple MMO's and always min/max in them" but somehow its "flawed logic" to believe that the players who have done the very same thing that you have described in this game for pvp gear, don't deserve to complain when said gear is now a superficial trumped up vanity piece in FL? do you read what you post. Its wannabe eliticism.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dusty Slippers
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    The i 80 sync is pretty cool imo. It allows for a selection of any gear from 80-110 for min/maxing of whatever desired secondary stat. If there was no i80 sync not as many players would try the new frontlines, fast ques is what pvp needs.

Just because there is no regular uncapped que now doesnt mean there wont be eventually. They increased the xp/marks so people will attain pvp gear much easier now and in a few months there will be enough people to have uncapped pvp without introducing massive gear differences between players... sorry you wont be able to crush other players with your better gear QQ TIME
    (2)

Character
    Raansu Omiyari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira340stx View Post
    Your fourth sentence contradicts your first, you're confused, and incredibly short-sighted. You've been "grinding pvp gear in multiple MMO's and always min/max in them" but somehow its "flawed logic" to believe that the players who have done the very same thing that you have described in this game for pvp gear, don't deserve to complain when said gear is now a superficial trumped up vanity piece in FL? do you read what you post. Its wannabe eliticism.
    Wow you are really digging here. Wasn't contradicting anything, just simply pointing out that I've done the grind in other games as you seem to like to suggest I haven't in your prior post. I enjoy pvp so I deal with the gear grind, doesn't mean that I don't find the entire mechanic of a pvp stat to be incredibly flawed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zeroumus Garagelan
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    fully support the ditching of the moral stat. NEVER been a fan of isolated activity stats. All stats should apply for all activities in the game.

level sync, thats got to go
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elodie Claire
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I prefer it. I "protested" the arena mode, now they actually have a design that suits this game and this genre.

Been doing PvP in MMOs for a decade, got Gladiator during WoW Season 2. Honestly, I'm really fed up of turbo grinds and serious business dictating MMO PvP. Rewards should be vanity and incentive and thats what they essentially are now. MMO PvP is a mini game, its never balanced or turned properly and it shouldn't be treated like a min-max venue or designed around. I want to use it to relax from PvE or for some variety because that's what it's there for.

If you want a hardcore focus in a setup of this nature play a MOBA, stop trying to outgrind people and bowl them over in a mini game because thats all PvP gear has ever been in MMOs since its inception. Trust me, I abused it plenty. Used to go into BGs on a decked out Druid/Warrior combo in TBC and destroy the entire PUG team.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mapleine; 07-10-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast