Player
    Character
    Zeo Valefor
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90

Ward 6 Housing cost

I have a question about Ward 6 and the plot prices for FC housing.

It was stated that the prices of 1-5 were high on Legacy servers (Hyperion here) to reduce the gil in the economy. Now that the reduction has occurred, can we expect ward 6 prices and the unclaimed plots in 1-5 to be reduced down to what the housing costs in non-legacy servers?

Having a new FC, it's going to be VERY difficult to afford a house even after 3 months since, well, the "legacy" gil is gone.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nico Nico
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    IMO, I guess new plots will have the same price as old plot's initial price bcoz if a plot is returned, the selling price will back to the initial price, and restarted the price count down.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    I can't give you exact numbers, but when someone dismantled their house to the game (small plot) and sold back to the game nps (or whatever one does to get rid of a house) on my server, the plot re-listed for a little over 4mil. The completely deflated plots that still remained around it were listed at around 2. So most likely around double the deflated values should be your expectation, as the mechanic is already in game. I'm sure if you check on your server, you might be able to scope out a similar plot that had a FC House, then the FC moved their house, the land re-listed etc. Check and see what prices it relists too.

My Guess is :
    4-6ish million for Smalls
    28-40 ish million for Mediums
    100-140ish million for Larges

Again, basing that on the small plot that was relisted back into my servers market.

Some advice though:

People will sell small/midsized in other wards to 'upgrade' to larger homes/move to a more desired ward (i expect a mass exodus from my Goblet ward to the new LL ward for example on my server as the LL area is the most 'indemand')
    Saving 20+ mil as a newer FC is probably a little daunting, but you might be able to snag one of the 'resales' on one of the older, less popular wards by being patient, and watching (you'd still have to wait for it to devalue of course).
    Worse case, buy a small for the deflated price, and save up for the larger home you desire in the meantime. This way you can have all the perks of homeownership w/o the gilsink. At even 4-6 Mil, a small house is totally doable.

My FC uses our Med. House every day....but they use the yard WAY more than the house. The house they mostly use for the repair npc's. But overall they enjoy the yard, garden and close proximity to the retainer bells/marketboards outside and venture in the house/hang out inside far less. (I think they also like seeing the passerbys). So we def. got (my) investment out of the house as the FC DOES gather there, and do silly things there....but a Small would have worked for most of their needs just as well as a Medium or even Large. The addition of personal rooms just makes the Small house even more enticing for many groups tbh.

My group lives in the 'least popular' zone. But we love it....the view we have is amazing. The proximity to the zone aytherites, MB's and Retainer Bell is great. The neighbors are quiet but friendly. And it makes a good gathering point/hangout. Really all we could want. Also, the zone is 'less cluttered' imo than others, and the houses overall, don't face odd directions. The only let down is some of the interior/exterio options you have to work around/can't change.

So get what works for you, your FC and you finances....but don't overlook a small house just because. You will someday be able to buy a bigger plot if you so choose and can be patient about it....and while you are living in that smaller house/less-desired ward you might realize 'this is all we need anyway'.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kinseykinz; 06-13-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

In patch 2.3 we will be adding the following new wards:
    • The Mist, Ward 6
    • Lavender Beds, Ward 6
    • The Goblet, Ward 6

We’ll be making adjustments to the prices of plots for each world right up until the patch, and we will make a follow-up with this information at a later time.
    I'm quoting a community rep who replied to this thread: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...p-anytime-soon

If I had to guess, the price of houses in the new wards will be somewhere between the original price and the fully deflated price. Just to be safe, my FC is continuing to save so that we can get the medium house we want in the exact position we want it in (I'm assuming most FCs in the same boat will be saying up all night and logging in immediately after the patch launches to snag the plot).

Legacy gil isn't gone... it's just being hoarded. Besides housing or using your money to make even MORE money, there really isn't much to spend gil on. My suggestion for your FC is to go into hardcore saving/earning mode between now and when 2.3 hits... aka, July 8th. One way to do this is to take advantage of the fact that items that can be bought for myth won't be dropping significantly in price because a lot of people are still spending myth on animus books or novus maps. Instead, buy myth items and sell for your FC funds. Tawny latex (150 myth) is going for 30k on my server, with the Raziqsand (500 myth) going for around 120k... as an example. Bring four FC members who are willing to spend myth on FC funds, do Bray myth speedruns (first two bosses only, 6 mins each), and profit. Every 3 runs will be 30k from each person (120k) or you can go for the 500 myth items if the prices work out better that way. If you are doing ten runs an hour, that's 50x10 = 500 myth per person per hour (2k total myth used for the FC funds). If we are talking profit, that would be about 120k per person x 4 people = 480k per hour from one Bray farming group. I suggest buying a variety so you don't overflow the market.

I will not be working on my novus hardcore until 2.3, after my FC has a nice house. Until then, I will just do expert daily maps. I see no rush when there is gil to be made. (Don't forget -- SBing is also quite valuable at the moment... because of the novus requirements. Several IV materias are going for 100k+ on my server, and I expect the prices to increase as more people get to that point of melding. Gathering and crafting materia also sell well, and fast.)

Anyway, best of luck to you. And I am hoping that the price of the new wards will be lower. I AM pleasantly surprised that they said today that the current price for individual rooms in FC houses will be purchasable for about 300k. This is a reachable price for FC members who just don't have the time to make a lot of money.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ryuko; 06-13-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I just hope that prices wouldn't be (much) lower that currently fully deflated ones as I've purchased the Medium one just few weeks back. On other hand if they would it would trigger larger amount of "upgrades" and moves to more desired locations so there will be some more chances to snag some good deals there as well. BTW - if any FC on Moogle is looking to "upgrade" from Small or Medium and considering selling their current estate please let me know
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maria Corleone
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by crc0427 View Post
    I have a question about Ward 6 and the plot prices for FC housing.

It was stated that the prices of 1-5 were high on Legacy servers (Hyperion here) to reduce the gil in the economy. Now that the reduction has occurred, can we expect ward 6 prices and the unclaimed plots in 1-5 to be reduced down to what the housing costs in non-legacy servers?

Having a new FC, it's going to be VERY difficult to afford a house even after 3 months since, well, the "legacy" gil is gone.
    Shoudl start out at the max price of all servers now. When my FC went from a small house to a large we gave up the small plot. We noticed that the price went from 2.8mil we paid up to around 4.8mil. So ya my guess is new wards start out at max high pricing and drop the same way just starting out without the crazy high 600mil pricing lol
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zeo Valefor
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I'm really hoping they are on par with the other servers like Jeyman said. Ryuko, which plot are you guys after in which ward?
    (0)