Player
    Character
    Valia Rosa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 71
    You can join a FC at any level.

What I suggest to anyone looking to join our FC is to perform a blank player search (no name input). For most who are looking to join Harmonium, the default is E (for English) which shortens the resulting list drastically. Select a character who has the HARM tag from the list and either right-click or square button to pull up a list of options. One is View Free Company. From there, you can submit an application.

While a bit of a long winded explanation, this is the fastest way to find us and submit an app.

You can also target a nearby player with the HARM tag, rt click/square to view their user info, view FC, and submit application. Of course, this requires someone from the FC to be in your area.

Too bad that i chose to play FF XIV on PS4 over PC because it's so hard to type any chat text (even thou i bought a portable bluetooth keyboard for PS4). >.>
    We have a high percentage of console gamers. Do what the rest of us did and get a usb keyboard. ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valia Rosa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 71
    In light of recent events, there is something I want to make absolutely clear

HARMONIUM FC HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON CHEATING

This includes, but is not limited to the following:

Gil buying
    Botting
    Hacking

This game is easy enough, guys. No need to hurry. ^^v
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nephthys Aquilari
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 15
    Hi there!

I'm pretty new to this game. (An 31337 vet of 1 day!)

But today I nearly starved to death before reaching lvl 15, tearing myself away from the screen, and crawling to the cafeteria for emergency morsels. FF:XIV is a blast, and the fact I wasn't expecting it to be makes it even more fun.

I kinda just rolled a random server without giving any thought to the populations, and after reading through your various observations regarding server choice, I'm now taken with your conception of Harmonium and life on Atomos. Once fate gives me the server-is-open wink, I'll surely be making a character there to test the waters.

And certainly, I'm keen to see what you folks are like! ^-^

I do have a lot going on in life. And I'm basically some rando from teh inturnetz who warrants little expectation. But I also have a good feeling about this game, and it'd be awesome to find a friendly community to share time with and do silly things.

I'll try and get in touch. =)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valia Rosa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 71
    Sounds awesome, Nepthys! You're welcome to come hang out, anytime. ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valia Rosa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 71
    A quick update:
    We now have a website for our FC!
    http://harmoniumatomos.enjin.com/home

<Please check it!>

All applications now need to go through the website. It's a brief questionnaire and one of us is probably online at all times for review. If you are on server already and waiting for acceptance, feel free to request an invite to the English linkshell.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rosa Carmesi
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Hi! Is Harmonium still around? I'm thinking about starting another character once I get Heavensward in a Japanese server so I can practice the language, but I'm not confident enough to only speak Japanese haha. Thanks! n_n
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Trachynwyda Fyreynwyn
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Yes, we're definitely still around! Come check us out any time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cap'ir Ke
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Hello y'all, we wanna bring an announcement regarding those interested in joining Harmonium.

We're closing recruitment to Harmonium beginning July 9 at midnight EDT with a few exceptions.

That's the tl;dr, but if you want to read more about why we're doing this, I'll let Valia explain below:

Quote Originally Posted by Valia Rosa
    Hey Everyone,

After some discussion, the HARM officer team has decided to close the FC to new applications, with a couple exceptions.

The exceptions:

1. Friends & family. No matter what, we will never exclude those you know from joining you.

2. (tentative) Level 50 existing characters that want to transfer to Atomos with the express purpose of joining our FC.
    Why allow these only?
    They are already vested in the game by that point.
    They are already clued in to how the game works.
    They have seen our policies and info on the server culture and still want to join us. (reduces complaints about how everyone speaks JP, for example)

It may seem a bit harsh, but the officer & mentor staff are overloaded trying to help (much less keep up with) all the new members that have joined in the past handful of weeks. Just in the past week alone, we have gotten about a dozen new members (and this is excluding those I've encountered personally who choose not to put in an application). While I have recruited Rumi as full-fledged officer and will be adding more support staff soon, expanding the number of officers will not resolve the main issue.

The main issue is that some members are starting to express concerns that the FC has gotten too big.

The upside to having a large, active FC is that it is very lively. We've gotten some GREAT people lately, new and veteran players alike, that I'm so happy have joined us! (Trust me, you have no idea how happy I am about this... I could hug you all!! ^^ )

The downside however is a big deal. Folks are starting to feel ignored, unknown and lost amongst the masses. I've run this FC, no matter the population, like a small FC. I watch FC chat like a hawk for requests for assistance, answered questions on how to do stuff, resolved conflicts, and love getting tells about players' progress in game. I care about every member and have always tried to spend time with each one. With the steady population increase, especially the explosive increase we've had lately, I can no longer keep up with this. I've talked with the other officers and, frankly, no one can. (I hear "I don't know how you do it" a LOT.)

Harmonium is an interesting case, which we've alluded to in our About Us on the front page. We are an island of sorts on Atomos server. EN speakers are few (as in those playing with the E client), but nearly all of them are in our FC. Being linked by a common language is what keeps us together. All of our playstyles vary drastically and, even having many skilled raiders, we are very much a casual FC in that we let folks just do what they want in game.

We have a warm, friendly, welcoming community and I think we all want to keep it this way. No one wants to feel left out or that they've "slipped through the cracks".

We also don't want to force the most helpful in our FC to spend all of their game time on other players' requests. It's their game too! Burn out is something I am hypervigilant about. We've lost good players due to this in the past and I never want to see it in others. We do not have enough veteran players with comprehensive knowledge of the game, play time, and willingness to give up a large portion of their play time to others to keep pace with the number of new players we've gotten.

That all being said, we will be closing Harmonium FC to new applicants effective July 9, 2015 at midnight EDT. This closure will be in place indefinitely.

-----

What about alts of existing members?

You're welcome to have alts. If you haven't already, put in an application so these can be added.

Will you be updating the application, About Us, forum posts, that one blog post, etc.?

Yes, these will all be updated within a few days.

You usually encourage people to make alts to check us out before transferring; what about them?

I do encourage a trial period, especially for those coming from NA servers since there may be a bit of "culture shock". The application will be adjusted to allow applicants to list the name of their main character and that they intend to make a new character to check us out before transferring. I'll see about making a new trial rank for these if warranted.

I'm not yet level 50 but really, really want to join you guys!!

I'm not going to be completely hard-nosed about this. As long as you are past your free month, near level 50, and otherwise fit the exception 2 requirements, pm me. I'll take this on a case by case basis.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kappy; 07-08-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zenogaist Zero
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Ladies and gentlemen.

It is with great pleasure and much emotion that I am here to inform you that, yes, we have unlocked the doors to harmonium once again!

Not only will our members now be free to step outside the guild house they were locked within for over a year, wash themselves and shave the areas where hair has grown or simply glued it self to them...

But YOU, yes YOU, may join this elite group of hard boiled adventurers once again.

I say, are you interested in adventures?

Have you been seeking fellow blade users or magic shouters to take on a horde of lady bugs?

Maybe you have been lost within the crystal tower for the last year, desperately waiting for a group of adventurers to queue up for sweet sweet liberation.

Do you like sausages?

Well, you have found your support group my friend.

Harmonium, we are here to help those in need and save Eorzea from the evils that lurk within.
    (0)
    BELIEVE IN THE SAUSAGE!
    FOR IT BELIEVES IN YOU!

Player
    Character
    Trachynwyda Fyreynwyn
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    <edit>

Nevermind, ran into Sara yesterday.
    (0)
    Last edited by Illmaeran; 04-27-2017 at 01:21 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast