Character
    Shichi Mamura
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CuragaCura View Post
    Exstal from Tiamat? O_O?
    Exstal from Zikel, Vaizel, then subsequently Tiamat, yes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Florence Leduc
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    err... sorry but nothing before T5 train you to avoid Twister, Dive, conflag, dread knight...

T1 normal strategy:
    P1: you fight cadeus, and feed him of slimes for reduce him damage. slimes spawn on glowing platform for each player standing on it. the slimes follow the player that did make it spawn, if he go too far the slimes explodes dealing a lot of damage to the people around.
    P2: Cadeus, split in two, each must be tanked while feeding them of slimes for avoid them to get too strong. if the tank die, they fuse and the number of stack are added. when one snake die, the other gain extremely fast stack, then you need to kill one and finish the other really fast.

nothing of this is used into T5.

T2: you have multiple skill for the boss that will change in function of what which path you will take, the boss get resistance and get one attack for each sub boss killed on your path.

same nothing in this is used for T5.

T4: here you simply kill wave of monster, you must follow order of kill and get the dps high enough for pass the wave before the..."enrage" time.

same not used in T5.

T5, indeed summarize the use of capacity we use since the start in most of the content of the game... however most of the technique used by twin are totally news. i still remember people trying to figure how worked dive and twister.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia_Nightfall View Post
    T8 is also piss easy compared to T9, but T8 is still harder than T5.

T5 - T9 - T13 are the VERY FINAL fights of every patch cycle. It's only reasonable that the "Final Bosses" of a Final Fantasy game are extremely overpowered if compared to all the "mini bosses" that came before them.
    difficuly curve work like this:
    - Fight A offer a decent challenge.
    - Fight B is harder than A and offer a new challenge 20% harder.
    - Fight C is harder than B and offer a new challenge 20% harder.

however SE mess up this badly, instead to build the pressure with each fight, they are making each last fight become like a last boss of solo game... but it's not a solo game! the progression into a mmorpg is far different than into a solo game. you can't have a last boss have the difficulty sky rocket like this... more important, and i think it one of the major failure of T5, you can have fight with different phase, but you cant ask player to pass from fight that have rarely more of 2 phase to a fight with 5 phase like this... the progression is really bad in BC, but that normal in a way, this one them first raid at 8. they have admit that this did mistake into it.

an example with BC1:
    - T1 hard encounter
    - T2 encounter harder than T1 with an increase of the difficulty that can go from 10 to 30% (depending of the road you take and your group and i'm talking of the original strategie without enrage)
    - T4 encounter barely harder than T2 it's mostly a dps check.
    - T5 encounter harder than T4 with an increase of the difficulty close of the 200%
    (0)
    Last edited by silentwindfr; 11-06-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Player
    Character
    Reimu Hakurei
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by silentwindfr View Post
    T5, indeed summarize the use of capacity we use since the start in most of the content of the game... however most of the technique used by twin are totally news. i still remember people trying to figure how worked dive and twister.
    Yep, T5 was a nightmare indeed....more than a year ago.

Twister and divebombs are now a simple "move away when the boss is casting it". I don't see how this can be made any easier, except making it a "move away when the boss is casting it, or even don't move, who cares, it's not important" thing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Florence Leduc
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia_Nightfall View Post
    Yep, T5 was a nightmare indeed....more than a year ago.

Twister and divebombs are now a simple "move away when the boss is casting it". I don't see how this can be made any easier, except making it a "move away when the boss is casting it, or even don't move, who cares, it's not important" thing.
    Dive mechanic by itself is not dangerous, it's the wall of the arena combined with it that make it deadly. Twister, i dunno, reduce the damage it deal probably.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cura Xelwna
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Of course, the fight is not the same. The same principles that you learned from doing Turn 1-4 is meant to be applied to how you handled Turn 5. Granted the difficulty spike is there, it's not hard to overcome with proper handling and some individual skill.

You said it yourself. Dive mechanic by itself is not dangerous. If that's the case, you wouldn't be knocked into the wall if you saw it coming and moved properly. Twisters is the same thing. You start moving when you see it casting and you can stop after you've moved far enough away.

It might seem like a giant mountain of crap to pass through but it's all little hurdles you pass one at a time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reimu Hakurei
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Dive mechanic by itself is not dangerous, it's the wall of the arena combined with it that make it deadly. Twister, i dunno, reduce the damage it deal probably.
    ..which is exactly what I said.

"Don't move, who cares, you're not going to die anyway."

Sorry, this is actually a "game". Games require you to do something in order to win. It's not a game if you can't lose.

Well, unless you are a very special kid who likes games where "everybody wins".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Florence Leduc
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    did i have said that the fight must be easy? no i have said that the progression must be more linear in the difficulty curve, i will appreciate that you will not begin to interpret what i say for make me look for something i am not.
    you did ask me what you can change for twister, i did say:"reduce the damage probably" that don't means you must reduce to the point it don't harm you and your group. and it was more because i don't see how change it. the mechanic by itself is nice and interesting, now if T5 was after a fight that was only 30% less hard than it, i will have nothing to say, but that not the case.

T1-2-4 are joke in comparaison of what ask T5, we can't deny this fact and that all i say, i'm not developper, all i can do is point what for me look like a big flaws in the conception. it's the goal of this thread after all.

the raid must become harder and harder as you progress and if you make it good when you reach the last fight it will be harder than the previous one, it must be flashy and all, yeah... but have the difficulty skyrocket no...
    (3)
    Last edited by silentwindfr; 11-06-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Player
    Character
    Reimu Hakurei
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    things
    Yes, you DID say that the fight must be easy. While I acknowledge that "easy" and "hard" are relative terms, asking for Twisters to do less damage (making them easily healable and thus allowing players to NOT avoid them) and for walls not killing people (making dives easily healable and thus allowing players to NOT avoid them) means making the fight way TOO easy for something that's supposed to be a "Final Boss".

And trust me, the progression is there. As T1 to T4 are "a joke" compared to T5, T5 is "a joke" compared to T6 to T8. Which in turn are a joke compared to T9.

There's your progression.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Florence Leduc
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    re read me dude, because i will become a bit upset...where i did say to make it easy? where did i have said to change the wall? seriously you really need to stop to imagine stuff!

you are the type that read: "we gonna reduce the difficulty of a fight" and will understand: "we gonna give free win to everybody!"... seriously...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xine Erauqs
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    The echo buff means squat in Turn 9 due to all the instant death mechanics and there is no nerf at all, since it is all about team rope-jumping.

I've done close to 300+ tries in the Duty Finder and only 3 parties have cleared so far. A significant number of parties cannot clear phase 2 smoothly, let alone 3 or 4. It is just totally absurd and extremely frustrating.

I've done this instance in the duty finder repetitively hoping a party can clear and then hope for tank armour to drop for my Warrior. Needless to say, its been failure after failure. It's extremely demoralizing and LOCKS OUT certain classes from obtaining their accessories or armour (in this case tank gear). Example would the Heavy High Allagan Coat which drops only in Turn 9 and since it's practically IMPOSSIBLE to clear it in the duty finder, there's not a chance of getting it at all. (unless some form of token exchange be implemented in future)
    (2)

Page 115 of 127 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast