Player
    Character
    Sumara Torres
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60

Why Do You Heal?

Well...it is a lot of fun to heal. Can be stressful at time, but it's a good stress. You have peoples' lives in your hands.

Another reason? If someone angers you, you can let them eat dirt as payback
    (4)
    Last edited by Sumara; 05-28-2014 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Spelling

Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I think my favorite part of healing, as a scholar at least, is it lets me (well...forces me) to have a bird's eye view of the battle. I don't need to crowd control or worry about maintaing rotations and damage numbers. I'm the tactician. Filling in gaps, catching falling balloons, thinking 5 steps ahead. For me healing is all about strategy and "big picture" ideas. Thats fun. Most of the time. Other times I just wanna blow shit up.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ema Voilerclaire
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 61
    I'm kind of surprised by the "Harder than DPS'ing" comments. I've always been really intimidated by DPS'ing, and hopped on the SCH train as soon as I hit 30 ACN. Keeping track of cooldowns, maintaining a proper rotation, and micromanaging Garuda is way more difficult for me. Especially over an exended period of time. I'll often just panic and flub it and struggle to recover.

As a SCH, I really only have to manage Aetherflow stacks and watch HP bars. And control Eos, but that's only a couple buttons, and you don't use most of them just because they're up. I get to decide when's best. If I do something silly in Cleric Stance mode, like forget to Shadowflare, or Miasma II, or something, it's not a big deal 'cause any damage I'm doing is just a nice bonus.

I've tried tanking. It seems like the easiest of the three roles, but I turn into a controlling psycho-bitch when I'm leading the pack. I always walk away hating everyone and everything they do "wrong." Like, stand in front of me. At any point, ever, for any reason. Or run ahead. I take offense. I will *walk* to the next pack of mobs. If someone face-pulls, I just stand there and watch. I didn't make it very far.

So, uh, I guess I've been healing 'cause it's the only job that doesn't make me a neurotic mess, or a shortfuse.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mirili; 05-28-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Anavi Anael
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I heal because nobody else will do it. lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Senah Kha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhi View Post
    When you're tired of running the same content as a role it's time to switch it up. Healing is amazingly fun the first few times you do content
    This, for the most part. I have all jobs leveled to 50 but I did all of the DPS first and got kind of bored with running everything as a DPS. I don't think I'm cut out to be a tank, so healer's the other option. At first I was really intimidated by healing, but I had it leveled and ended up helping other people out doing dungeons and gradually got pretty comfortable with it. Now it's my second favorite job. ^_^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Depravicus Mana
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 19
    fast qeue times
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dijana Menatas
    World
    Zurvan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumara View Post

Another reason? If someone angers you, you can let them eat dirt as payback
    Haha...I will admit, I havent let someone die but I did a dungeon once with a very arrogant tank who was telling the DPS to shut up and do as he says, he's the tank so he leads the run...I let him hover right around 20% hp and kept chain on that, didnt follow ahead if he was rude to make him sweat, just to let him know who's REALLY in charge of the run.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nep Nep
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    To me its fun and different from DPSing. I also get to see things from the healer's point of view and because of that I respect them alot more. Especially ones that have their Relic. Them Titan stomps were scary. Also.. I love the pretty WHM outfit on my character. xD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mavis Celeste
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    the main reason for me is because only healers can make the party recover or comeback from a mess.

for the most part (keyword: "most) of the endgame contents

1) DPS can die, yes we can still recover provided we have enough dps on the dps check
    2) Tanks, well basically they could die, provided you have a OT or could kite around a little
    3) but a healer should/could never die, yes there is a second healer and a lot of contents can be solo healed. but in keeping everyone alive they have a more higher priority to live

but the feeling when a lot of shit mess up or not going according to plan (someone dc,lagging) healers are the one who will need to improvise, they are the one in charge to bring the momentum back on their phase and regain control of a losing battle.

the feeling of winning/clearing a run after a lot of fked up or mess up moments and multiple deaths is the best feeling and why i stay as a healer.
    (1)
    Love by some, hated by many envied by few... yet, wanted by plenty

Player
    Why do I heal?

For cure. I was in both 1.0 and 2.0 alpha and beta. Learned that it was a very good idea to at least have Cure I when low level DPS grinding. Started CNJ to have Cure I on my road to BRD. Never did that though. Just kept playing CNJ... then WHM. Just kept going to 50. Granted over time DPS invites REALLY started dropping off in dungeons (I **HATE** FATE's) so that did keep me on the WHM train. Actually started liking the job over time. Still like it. I find DPS brain dead boring and I do not "get" tanking in this game despite doing it for 7 years in FFXI. I also like having some control over the party.
    (0)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast