Player
    Character
    Fellena Falkirk
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

Error 2002

I keep getting error 2002: The lobby server connection has encountered an error.

What does it mean? I've contacted support and had no answer so far.
    (3)

Player

Its a connection error. You can look it up and depending on what system you have itll give u a troubleshooting method. Ive had error 2002 for almost 3 weeks nd I haven't been able to play even when using the troubleshooting method provided to me by square enix. I can't promise itll work but I hope you don't have what I have nd that you'll be able to play without flaw unlike me...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucien Andraste
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Just look at all the threads in this section of the forum. Trust me you're not alone i havent been able to play for almost 2 months. no word from square no nothing. i paid for 6 months and wasted 2.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yuri Zahard
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 2
    Good to know. I registered today. I get error 2002. What a nice start.
    (2)

Player

I can tell u guys this much im not paying anymore for something I cant play. Its sad nd ridiculous for such an amazing game like this to be unplayable for myself nd others with the same issues. Its not right and its not fair to us. I hope to god this gets resolved soon I want to be able to play on this asap
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucien Andraste
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Still no hope? i still am unable to play has anyone else been able to play yet? succesfully that is?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wilveren Lunar
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I just bought a Playstation 4 yesterday and upgraded the game to the PS4 version. I wish I had looked at these forums first. The game ran just fine on my PS3, and now I'm having the same problem all of you are. Error 2002, error 90K, error 10105... I can't play at all now. From what I've seen around here, this problem has been here for close to two months now with no real resolution.
    Square Enix, please... you've gained back so much of my respect lately. Don't lose it now by leaving us out in the cold...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Wilveren Lunar
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Hey, I just wanted to throw out there that, for giggles, I tried hooking my PS4 up with an ethernet cable instead of going wireless, and it's now running for me just fine. I've been playing for more than an hour without being disconnected or even lagging. So, the problem may not necessarily be Square Enix's after all, maybe it's some kind of issue with Sony's system, or... or I don't know. But for me, that did fix the problem, even though needing to use an ethernet cable is a bit of a pain.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucien Andraste
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Well i can't run a ethernet cable through my home. due to the location of the router and my set up. its not possible. Not to mention this same issue has been occurring to not only predominately ps4 players but ps3 and PC players have been getting this but as well. Im glad you got your connection resolved but the rest of us are just doomed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Erik Bellveil
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 37
    What's annoying is that error 2002 has some significant meaning and since I don't really know what it MEANS, I don't get a hint about how to deal with the problem myself. This problem has come up before ( check "resolved threads" BTW mod, just because a topic has died down doesn't mean it is resolved). I've read that people can log in from different computers over the same network, but one computer won't be logging in properly. It sounds like the problem might be centered around specific consoles/computers in relation with the internet connection being used.

Edit: I redacted the question about the refund. Anyway, I solved my problem. But I did the steps too quickly to isolate the issue so I'll try to recreate it. I uninstalled Avast, which didn't change the outcome of attempting to log in. I also changed my firewall settings on the router. The fact that anything could be the problem, I then tried to Reset System Settings in the launcher. This worked.
    Edit 2: So, it was two things. My routers firewall does not play nice with FFXIV anymore. Also, Resetting to Default is a good idea. I didn't get the client working until I tried both.
    For other people the issues may be different so your mileage will vary.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sakkir; 06-14-2014 at 05:33 AM.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast