Player
    Character
    Chandani Aranka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90

Looking to join a EU Static/FC.

Currently I play on Balmung. But due to it being a NA heavy server and I am from Norway, getting things done there is pretty difficult.

I am a fairly skilled player/BLM, and I know the Twintania fight well, but DF/PF just dont seem to be able to get it down, and that roadblock hinders me from even finding a static as they all want T6 experience.

Ive done EX Garuda, Titan, Ifrit easily, but again, stuck on Levi / Thornmarch EX.

And even though I am in a fairly big FC, they seem to be mostly stuck to their own statics and not been able to get them to help me.

So I am hoping to find a nice place to transfer to and either join a FC or Static that is willing to take in a T5 stuck player.

My BLM is ilvl 95 atm and my absolute favorite Job. Monk is 2nd at ilvl 86. Got all DOM/DOWs to max lvl, but not that well geared. Ilvls from 70-76

Link to my character, Altera Moontail : http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/1488045/

Also, how is Odin as a server? Are people nice, populated etc?

Hope to hear from anyone.
    (0)
    Last edited by Altera; 05-08-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nijinsky Aguero
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Hi mate, you are a little further ahead than us, we have just downed garuda ex, and are up to twintania. We dont have a static but we run coils and primals almost everynight, we try and include everyone. Not sure if its for you but if it souns like your bag, and you want a fun guild to join check out www.thewhitewolves.co.uk
    (0)
    www.thewhitewolves.co.uk

Player
    Character
    Aletreus Galeal
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Altera, the server is great. I moved here just recently myself because I ran into the same issues you were running into on my previous server. There's a good population, the economy seems stable and it's very active. I started a static myself and am looking to fill DPS roles if you're interested. If you want to talk more, feel free to talk to me ingame, my name is Aletreus Galeal.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chandani Aranka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Sounds nice to me, both of you.

I tend to enjoy being in a guild/FC that does things together even if means to rotate people so everyone gets a shot. Its what I am used to when I played WOW for 7 years before coming to XIV back in 1.0.
    Statics is something I find a bit weird that it is in XIV as I thought the purpose of Free Companies was to be that stable group to play together with hehe and Linkshells was a more social thing.

I will take some time to think it over. But as I have gone about 3 months now since my first FC imploded, and even with joining another FC. I have been in a bad content draught and not been able to do much at all. :/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jarna Frostwyght
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Hi Altera, you'd also be welcome to come and join my FC - we're a social guild currently working on T6 (and we don't have static teams) but also still regularly do T5 and Levi for weapons. We are English speaking but have a fair number of Swedes and Finns so you would hopefully feel at home

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...0711086229004/
    (0)
    Last edited by Florentina; 05-09-2014 at 12:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Chandani Aranka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Looks to be difficult to choose as both FCs sounds nice. Any little more details how atmosphere is like etc ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rahal Gerrant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Hi. I'm a friend of Altera's in the same position. While Balmung is a fun server and I'm not too sure about transferring, it is hard to find an EU group to play with.

With progression, I've cleared all of the Primals except for Moogle Ex. The other Extremes I pretty much have on Farm status and I'm at the moment very interested in farming Leviathan Ex because I have terrible luck at getting weapons I can really use to drop. As for Coil I'm stuck on Turn 5, as Balmung is very unfriendly to people not already on Turn 7+

For classes, I main BLM and would prefer to raid as that, but I do have WAR, SCH and SMN (boooo SMN) at 50, and have plenty of experience on BLM (Everything I have cleared I can farm on BLM) and SCH (I tend to need to be in a static is heal Titan Ex or Moogle Ex), and I've learned now not to fall asleep at the keyboard when it comes to tanking anything in this game (As an MMO veteran since Rise of Zilart era FFXI, I find tanking in this game the easiest in any MMO I've played).

Oh, and my character profile is here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/2181028/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jarna Frostwyght
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    We have a very active TS server (required for raids, and recommended for most other times too as that's often where all the fun is!). There are generally 20-40 people online and there's usually someone doing something, whether it's an 8 man raid, HM dungeons for tomes, low level stuff for alts and newcomers, and quite frequently just messing about at the house. Organised raids are 3-5 times a week but are all optional. I like to think we're a friendly bunch and there's enough of us to easily run instances without being too big that you feel as though you don't know anybody. We are not a hardcore guild however, in case you are looking for something along those lines, but we do work on high level content with the aim of progressing (whilst still having fun).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rahal Gerrant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    They does sound a lot like something I would like. I dislike elitism and as someone who has been playing MMOs for a very long time, I know that it's possible to enjoy endgame and have fun. It's all about the attitude. I'd rather play with nice people that might be unskilled or inexperienced and willing to learn than playing with people who might have the skill and experience but are not too friendly about it. The friendly people will eventually develop into awesome players, while the elitists will just simply stay where they are.

The main issue I have with my current server Balmung is that it is full of the second type of player, so if you aren't in a static you are out of luck, even with doing HM Dungeons, First Coil and Primals. Altera and myself have more or less spent the last 4-5 months as glorified solo players because of that mentality and cliquishness on Balmung sadly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chandani Aranka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    And with that, both myself and Reiko above have transfered over to Odin
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast