Player
    Character
    Turk Mcgurk
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 55

Idea that should increase PvP participation.

So, I wanted to post this for awhile. However I couldn't be bothered to log into the forums. For whatever reason I'm logged in now.

Anyways, we all know how there is a bonus to the amount of exp/marks you get when you solo queue, which is reduced when you duo queue, and non-existant when you trio queue.

What if there was a bonus for 4 queue? 4 man queue can only play against other 4 mans so if we motivate people to reach out and create teams from their own server, wouldn't this be a good thing? More people trying to convince others to PvP.

This brings new faces to pvp, supports community and team play, and ultimately brings what this game is trying to achieve in it's pvp, which is more people playing it.

Word of mouth is the strongest type of advertisement, we need more people talking about PvP.

The bonus with how long the grind is should honestly be +100%(win or lose) minimum. This would mean losing a 4v4 would net the same exp as winning a trio group. Please give me your thoughts.
    (2)
    Last edited by Adam; 04-30-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Genose Jr
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    The problem is, you'll get people who have Rank 30 and Rank 40 PvP gear against people with no morale. It's basically with how much morale helps in PvP -- something that should be determined by skill, not how much you traded wins.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Turk Mcgurk
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Genose View Post
    The problem is, you'll get people who have Rank 30 and Rank 40 PvP gear against people with no morale. It's basically with how much morale helps in PvP -- something that should be determined by skill, not how much you traded wins.
    I'm looking at the bigger picture here. I understand you're concerned about geared pvpers dominating newer pvpers. This is not the discussion I'm trying to bring here. What I'm trying to suggest is that we give LOTS of new and old players the incentive to play as a team. It's always more enjoyable to play with others.

There is still a queuing system in place so lower rank players will more often then not get matched up against other low rank players. This will happen more often the more people are PvPing. I assume people understand fully how the system works by now. If there are a low population of players that PvP, we will have more inbalanced matches because there is nobody but the few high rank and few low rank. If there is a high population of players, we will have more balanced matches.

Bottom line: More people that PvP, more balanced matches.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ria Ayo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I do agree that PvPing with friends and creating teams should be rewarded. While a bonus to points or exp in the short term could be a good solution, I think in the long term as well SE should look into things like rankings and rewards.

An example being that there could be a resetting top 10 teams on the server list (or whatever number players might like). This could reset weekly or monthly, however there could be achievements associated with being in the top 10, 3, or #1 on the server. These could give rewards ranging from titles, to exclusive vanity gear that only these top teams could acquire, to even things like unlocking special crests for the team member's FC. PvP is all about the glory, and there can't really be glory without knowing who is dominating and doing the best.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mu Pod
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 51
    Giving vastly improved xp/marks for serious 4v4 makes sense, but then win trading is going to get even worse and they will have to start policing it. The other problem is how difficult it would be to match you up against another team of similar rank - they would have to remove that stipulation for the 4v4 queue. Well, unless PVP suddenly got 500 times more popular overnight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ria Ayo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mupod View Post
    Giving vastly improved xp/marks for serious 4v4 makes sense, but then win trading is going to get even worse and they will have to start policing it. The other problem is how difficult it would be to match you up against another team of similar rank - they would have to remove that stipulation for the 4v4 queue. Well, unless PVP suddenly got 500 times more popular overnight.
    The hope is that PvP will become popular enough that win trading will be nearly impossible due to enough people queuing up. I suppose it might still be possible at very off hours, but, if there aren't enough people PvPing in this game to prevent something like win trading, then there is a serious problem with the PvP.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shachor Ze'ev
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    I find it remarkably sad that our LS had to figure out the "win trading" system merely to enable us to queue up and pvp at all. We don't even do it for the "win trading", we do it because otherwise we all wait anywhere from 15 min to 999 minutes to get queues. I don't give a damn about trying to game the system, I just want to enjoy some pvp once in a while....
    (1)