Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Asuna Yuuki'
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I know how old this post is but I had the same problem and found it was my PS4 USB port. One of my ports lags really bad it doesn't matter what game I can not charge controllers or use a headset in it. I bought a USB HUB and put it in my other port and I have no issues. I use a cheap wireless keyboard, mouse, and headset on the hub without an issue.
    (0)

Give a man a fish and he'll be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll promptly forget that he once didn't know and proceed to call anyone who asks a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Player
    Character
    Lisa Swanson
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60

Still not fixed

Just bumping this post. Using a keyboard with PS4 still has massive problems, please fix this. It is OK about 20% of the time, misses 1/4 of the letters 40% of the time, only types one letter every 15 seconds 30% of the time, and types absolutely nothing at all 10% of the time. When keyboard fails, I am forced to resort to snail typing with the controller. Makes it very difficult to consistently communicate with other players, to the point that I frequently avoid/ignore or just reply with one word answers. Makes me wish I had it on PC, real bad.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skara Brae
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    +1 with this issue with my bluetooth keyboard
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nix Star
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

ps4 seems to be failing ...

I have also been having the same issue on my PS4 keyboard, I thought it was my keyboard but since reading so many other people are having the same problem I know its not, it is very frustrating because it doesnt type 90% of ur letters, and u can type faster using the on screen keyboard ... just one thing thats turned to crap on my ps4 atm... seems like its failing
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aria Chere
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Yup, still happening. I thought I was just failing to type correctly on a new keyboard for the longest time... Though, I will say, this lag has provided some amusement in dungeons with random people.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dani Winters
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Still happening. I really hope this gets fixed by Hward.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mantastic Voyage
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia89 View Post
    Still happening. I really hope this gets fixed by Hward.
    nooope, still happening. I'll add that when 14 is running, the chat delay seems to affect all other programs on PC
    (0)

Character
    Buff Archer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    If you're using Bluetooth to connect directly from the keyboard to the PS4, it might seem more convenient than using one of the (only) two available USB outlets... but that's where I had so many problems, and they went away after going to a wireless USB. Someone had said the effective operating range was a lot shorter when pairing a Bluetooth keyboard and the system directly, leading to info not being sent/received... and based on the results I had before/after the switch, I'd say they were onto something.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lala Felli
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    This is the only game I have issues with my wireless KB on PS4 while typing. It's REALLY annoying when you are trying to point something out in raids etc just to realize nothing is coming out if u hit the key. Or then u press something once but it comes out like this "Hey gggggggggguysss wwhatsss uuuuuuuupppp++?". Typing with a controller aint really an option.. At least for me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sherri Waters
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    It is April 2nd, 2017, and I just switched from PC to PS4. I am experience noticeable lag on two wired keyboards (one low-end, one a high-end gaming specialty keyboard), and REALLY bad lag on the wireless keyboard (low end keyboard/mouse combo). Slight delay on the mouse clicks (different wireless mouse), but no delay on the mouse pointer that I can see. No sticking or skipping of keystrokes, it's just about a quarter second delay. Since I can't think of any situations where timed jumping is critical to game play, this probably won't be a game breaker. I might be a split second too late on those dang pots in Palace of the Dead to stop their flash attack, but for the most part, it's an annoyance I wouldn't expect to put up with, but I can live with it.
    If it gets worse and the lag mimics the wireless control, or the pointer starts having lag, then that'll definitely affect game play. But for now, onto the Palace. Scripture tomes ain't gonna farm themselves...
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast