Player
    Character
    Eadieni Valefor
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

PS4 Keyboard Typing Issues

I seem to be having issues with a keyboard on the PS4. This applies to usb, and bluetooth keyboards alike. I've tried high end keyboards, i've tried low end, i've tried apple keyboards, all have the same result.

And that is, when I type, there seems to be a delay. I type 125 words per minute, and when I type on the PS4, it constantly misses characters or ignores spacebar presses.

This is only on the PS4 (and ps3 too I guess). Like, if I type "/l4 hey guys whats up" what usually shows up is "4hey guys whats up" - again this is bluetooth and wired both. Same problems.

Anyone else have keyboard input issues? There seems to be no actual keyboard latency, when I'm using WASD keyboard controls it's 1:1 instant response. I have no movement lag, its only typing lag.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Syn I'sta
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I have this too, I find that when I finish typing too and press W to move my character forward, my character is motionless for a second then starts moving.

It almost feels like there's a delay in game from switching between chatbox and ingame input.

I'm using a wired USB keyboard.
    (0)

Player

I have the same problem as the op. I used the same keyboard on ps3 and didn't have the problem.

It always picks up my first key stroke, which is a slash. So I think I'm typing "/fc" for example, but it will end up being either "/f" or "/c". This is incredibly frustrating when typing long sentences, or even trying to ask for a ballad mid fight.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ami Rhiki
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50

have you tried logitech k810

i use the bt logitech k810 keyboard... it works great. it has 3 profiles quick switch buttons where you can changed to one of the 3 electronics you paired to with a press of button.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Belias Hellkin
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    This happens on my PS3 as well. Not all the time, maybe 1 out of 4 times (on the marketplace for sure).
    (1)

Player

Was this Ninja fixed? I haven't had the issue since a couple days after my last post here.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucien Andraste
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Was this Ninja fixed? I haven't had the issue since a couple days after my last post here.

No it's just inconsistencies. For example i've been having the same problems as everyone else. then magically for 4 days in a row i was able to play as i normally did. Now tonight it's back to messing up again with lag, 90k, and 2002 error. Don't put too much faith in the fact that it's working now. it could easily drop you again just that fast like i did me. No one has a answer even if they think they do. Some say oh, connect to wired it worked for me. If thats the case why has it been working wirelessly so fine for all these months till just now? point proven. Why did it work for me seamlessly for 4 days in a row on a wireless connection? Why does it now decide to mess up.

I don't know what's going on but i'm gonna go ahead and cancel my service account and go back to DC universe online.
    (0)

Player

I can confirm the problem. Whenever I type '/sit' on my wireless keyboard it registers as '/it'. Couldn't work out what I was doing wrong until I saw this thread and realised: nothing.
    (0)

Player

Yep you're right it creeped back in yesterday evening.

But this thread was moved to "Being Addressed/Currently Reviewing" shortly after it's creation. So I gotta believe the devs know about it and are working to fix it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Odd; 05-21-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rockie Salgado
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It seems to be getting worse these days. My controller is starting to rubber band inputs as well.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast