Player
    Character
    Fait Fist
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewena View Post
    With PB: Demo -> BfB -> Snap -> IR -> Snap -> Howl -> DK -> Steel -> Snap (PB is off, no stance) -> DK -> Twin -> ToD -> Demo -> Boot -> True -> Snap...
    Just a note on this opener, because you are coming out of PB, the second use of DK will not re-apply the debuff, meaning it's going to fall off around the time you are using boot/true in the next cycle. In order to keep up the DK debuff the opener should be:

With PB: Demo -> BfB -> Snap -> IR -> Snap -> Howl -> DK -> Steel -> Snap (PB is off, no stance) -> DK -> Twin -> ToD -> Demo -> DK -> Twin -> Snap...

This causes an overlap of back to back Twins in rotations resulting in a slight dps loss (50 potency) but I believe that slight loss is taken because most monks prefer using DK>Twin and Boot>True for less required moving.

If desired this could be altered by replacing the second Twin with a True, and continuing the rotation from there on with Boot > Twin > Snap...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewena View Post
    For my personal culture, what's this thing about macro and not being able to queue skills?
    ryuuken pointed out one of the major MNK issues regarding macros, which is that they are extremely difficult to get to fire the exact skill you want if you include Bootshine or Dragon Kick into the macro. Because those two are always available, there's a slight chance that any macro containing them will fire them off instead of, say, Snap Punch, thus ruining your rotation. As to the question you pose about queuing skills, non-macro abilities queue slightly by default. That is, if you press the button within the last fraction of a second before the GCD actually ends, the ability still fires right when the GCD ends, leading to no downtime. Macros do not behave this way, and must be manually activated after the GCD ends. As it's pretty much impossible for a human to match machine timing at that level, macros lead to a DPS loss any time the GCD is not being hit ASAP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chaosprime Zero
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Lewena, you think you could add the desired ACC for T1-9? I think this would be very helpful for many

Thanks
    (0)

FC: Sanctuary of Zitah
    Site: www.zitah.guildwork.com
    Server: Sargatanas
    A fun place for all to come. GMT based but accepting any time zone. Want a place to hang out chill and get stuff done? We just might be the place!

Player
    Character
    Lewena Yaeger
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 50
    @SilentGrid: I agree with you that DK debuff will be lost around Boot/True. However you losse more than 50 potency (in mean) by doing DK -> Twin -> Snap rather than Boot -> True -> Snap, depends on your crit rate. Assuming you have 20% crit rate, the mean potency of DK -> Twin -> Snap is (150+140+180)*5.5/5 = 517 whereas the mean potency of Boot -> True -> Snap = 225 + (190+180)*5.5/5 = 632, that is a 115 potency loss or a 18.2% potency loss. If you have let's say 50% crit rate (higher crit rate favors your opener as Boot does not benefit from crit), DK -> Twin -> Snap is (150+140+180)*1.25 = 587.5 potency whereas Boot -> True -> Snap = 225 + (190+180)*1.25 = 687.5 potency, that is a 100 potency loss or a 14.5% potency loss. So the proposed opener seems better to me although, in the long run, this is not much of a big difference.

For you second suggestion, I find it not worthy. As I understand it, you suggest Demo -> BfB -> Snap -> IR -> Snap -> Howl -> DK -> Steel -> Snap (PB is off, no stance) -> DK -> Twin -> ToD -> Demo -> DK -> True -> Snap... This will lead to a lot of movements as if you continue on you get Boot -> Twin -> Snap -> DK -> True -> Snap -> Boot -> Twin -> Demo -> DK -> True -> Snap -> Boot -> Twin -> Snap...

@KaosPrimeZero: actually, there are the accuracy caps from T5 to T9 in the OP. I have read about the accuracy caps for T1 to T4 but don't remember them. I am at work at the moment, I'll try find them again at home.

@ryuuken and Viridiana: thanks for the information. About macro, I am not using it at the moment but I was thinking of it. Was thinking more about a macro such as
    /ac Boot
    /ac Howl
    /ac Steel
    But it seems this wouldn't work either.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chaosprime Zero
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Well i guess in reality T5-9 is all that matters. Especially considering how T5 is really easy to attain? It was more for completeness if nothing else but not essential
    (0)

FC: Sanctuary of Zitah
    Site: www.zitah.guildwork.com
    Server: Sargatanas
    A fun place for all to come. GMT based but accepting any time zone. Want a place to hang out chill and get stuff done? We just might be the place!

Player
    Character
    Sabbah Sunblade
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    The only Macro I have on my Monk is having Mercy Stroke macro'd onto Boot and DK, as I like to be able to use Steal and Howl when and if needed - Steal for stuns (and not on things like Dreadknights and the Hysteria Add on Levi XM) and Howl for AOE phases if there are any:

/micon "Bootshine" ("Dragon Kick")
    /ac "Bootshine" ("Dragon Kick") <t>
    /wait 1
    /ac "Mercy Stroke" <t>

I have the same basis for a Macro on my Warrior and Paladin as well, except have it macro'd to Heavy Swing and Fast Blade respectively, as I find it incredibly difficult to time a Mercy Stroke as the killing blow, so figured I may as well just add it as extra DPS.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Supply Demand
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 72
    These are more for beginners or for tunnel visioners . . . I used these macros when I started out on my monk as I leveled on leves and low level stuff, then started right into Coil, so I didn't have the gradual learning curve of skills:

/micon "Internal Release"
    /ac "Internal Release" <me>
    /wait 85
    /echo Internal Release is ready soon! <se.7>

I use that for IR, BFB, and Touch of Death - I still use them as it will sometimes shock me into paying acute attention to every detail again if I am in T5 or whatever. ToD is the only questionable one as the GCD queuing is noticeable, I would HIGHLY recommend these for new MNKs though, as they will help you to maximize your DPS by making you refresh your DoTs and keeping your best skills on CD.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lemon Nate
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehayte View Post
    /micon "Internal Release"
    /ac "Internal Release" <me>
    /wait 85
    /echo Internal Release is ready soon! <se.7>
    I tried that before and since multiple macros wait command can't run at the same time, only the last one you hit will give you the timer. Kind of a bummer.

Player
    Character
    Ephier Samoht
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Shoulder tackle cost 0 tp and has a cool down of 30s now. Referencing number 4 on the first post.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fait Fist
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    @Lewena: Yea I agree that there would be increased movement, just stating that if a monk were able to pull it off, potentially it would be increased DPS overall.

In your potency calculation between the 2 openers, don't forget that you lose the DK debuff when calculating. Whereas you were taking the flat potency of the 2 combos (470 vs 595), the DK combo is modified by the DK debuff, whereas the Boot combo would not be. Still not enough to make it overtake your proposed opener (good find in this case!), but closes the gap a little bit.
    (0)

Page 3 of 212 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast