Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Naus View Post
    Question for all: What is the priority for secondary stats? Det > Crit? How much Skill speed do I want?

I have been reading mixed answers about the Det/Crit.
    Det > Crit > SkS. No target values for any, just preference given options.

Of course, accuracy to cap first.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Salias Estell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NoctisUmbra View Post
    Det > Crit > SkS. No target values for any, just preference given options.

Of course, accuracy to cap first.
    Cool thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lewena Yaeger
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 50
    Yesterday, we talked with other FC members about the Primal weapons and how good they can be compared to an i100 one such as the weathered Soldiery one. I don't think the Primal Weapon can be better due to the Damage and AA but maybe I am wrong.

So I was asking myself about the i90 crafted armors (chest, legs...) and wondering if they can be better than a i100 armor. There are some stats loss, especially on STR, but maybe the materia can compensate for that. I doubt about that also but they were so insistent that I prefer to check with others person more knowledgeable than me on gear and stat weights (I don't care for this discussion about the price it costs, I am talking only about stats).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewena View Post
    So I was asking myself about the i90 crafted armors (chest, legs...) and wondering if they can be better than a i100 armor. There are some stats loss, especially on STR, but maybe the materia can compensate for that. I doubt about that also but they were so insistent that I prefer to check with others person more knowledgeable than me on gear and stat weights (I don't care for this discussion about the price it costs, I am talking only about stats).
    If we use the stat weights available (.325 det, .204 crit, .178 SkSp), yes some of the i90 pieces outweigh their i100 counterparts .

I'm not familiar with which pieces are good for monk, but just for comparison here is the head piece: (this doesn't seem like a particularly great piece to look at)

i90 Saurian Bandana of Striking HQ
    18 Str
    21 Acc
    15 Skill Speed
    15 Det (3 slots, 2 x VI, 1 x II)
    18 Crit (2 slots, 2 x VI)
    Total Weight = 29.181

i100 Guardian's Helm of Striking
    21 Str
    11 Det
    23 Skill Speed
    Total Weight: 28.669

i100 Weathered Gloam Coif
    21 Str
    23 Crit
    16 Skill
    Total Weight: 29.1

Some of the other pieces may be more worthwhile investments, you'd have to look at each one and see. Like for DRG the wolfram tassets are great, especially considering their belt does not drop til T9.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    S'yhu Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewena View Post
    ~
    Thank you so much for this.

I'm not a new MMO player at all(been on and off for years), but I've never been "pro" so I generally stay away from threads like this and just play how I want to play. However, I've always felt kind of left out because all these abbreviations and terminology was so confusing so this really helps me.

A question in general though(no just for MNKs but I'm posting this here since I'm a monk myself), is it pivotal for me to be dealing the "max" everything? I'm only a casual player and it's only been a month since I started(although I've spent an obscene amount of time on FF14) so I suppose the answer is "no" but I feel like I'd be mocked or kicked out of a party because I'm not "elite". I do like what I've been doing so far so if I don't get to do the very end-game stuff I'm OK. Just an honest question.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Crxssroad View Post
    A question in general though(no just for MNKs but I'm posting this here since I'm a monk myself), is it pivotal for me to be dealing the "max" everything? I'm only a casual player and it's only been a month since I started(although I've spent an obscene amount of time on FF14) so I suppose the answer is "no" but I feel like I'd be mocked or kicked out of a party because I'm not "elite". I do like what I've been doing so far so if I don't get to do the very end-game stuff I'm OK. Just an honest question.
    It really depends on what type of players you play with and how far you want to go in the game. You don't need to duplicate some of the insane numbers you'll find floating around to reach "the end", but there are baselines which you and your group will need to output in order to advance. Enemies have X amount of health and you have Y amount of time to defeat them, just the way it is. Best advice is to find people who are easy going or fellow learners and play together, try to avoid that section of the playerbase that lives and dies by DPS numbers. If someone does call you out or makes a big deal, you can tell them to screw off and find a new group, or take it upon yourself to try and improve.

Honestly, the chances of being called out/ridiculed in a PUG are pretty low. In my experience most of those players tend to group together, so you'd have to be "in" their group to see that kind of attitude.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    S'yhu Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybravo View Post
    It really depends on what type of players you play with and how far you want to go in the game. You don't need to duplicate some of the insane numbers you'll find floating around to reach "the end", but there are baselines which you and your group will need to output in order to advance. Enemies have X amount of health and you have Y amount of time to defeat them, just the way it is. Best advice is to find people who are easy going or fellow learners and play together, try to avoid that section of the playerbase that lives and dies by DPS numbers. If someone does call you out or makes a big deal, you can tell them to screw off and find a new group, or take it upon yourself to try and improve.

Honestly, the chances of being called out/ridiculed in a PUG are pretty low. In my experience most of those players tend to group together, so you'd have to be "in" their group to see that kind of attitude.
    Thanks for the quick reply. <3

Even as a newb I can tell I've been dealing pretty good damage, even if I'm not optimizing as well as possible so I suppose I shouldn't stress out too much.

My FC is kind of laid back and they're all pretty useless tbh(I love them all the same but you won't catch me telling them that) to the point I've actually been the one teaching the newer members(and even some older members) so I suppose I'm in a good place. I was more worried because every time I look up guides they get really really technical so it's confusing for me being a casual player. However, I'll take you up on your advice and play at my own pace though. ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Just pay attention to the tooltips and meet basic requirements like positionals. Recognize basic combos or synergy between skills. With just that, you'll be fine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Superpinpin Amustache
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybravo View Post
    If we use the stat weights available (.325 det, .204 crit, .178 SkSp), yes some of the i90 pieces outweigh their i100 counterparts .

I'm not familiar with which pieces are good for monk, but just for comparison here is the head piece: (this doesn't seem like a particularly great piece to look at)

i90 Saurian Bandana of Striking HQ
    18 Str
    21 Acc
    15 Skill Speed
    15 Det (3 slots, 2 x VI, 1 x II)
    18 Crit (2 slots, 2 x VI)
    Total Weight = 29.181

<SNIP>

Some of the other pieces may be more worthwhile investments, you'd have to look at each one and see. Like for DRG the wolfram tassets are great, especially considering their belt does not drop til T9.
    With the current price of materias, putting 4 IV materias should cost about 4 milllion gils according to my server's prices... Yes, they are better, but I believe they are less interesting than the coil, or the upgraded version
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lewena Yaeger
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 50
    whiskeybravo was answering to my request of talking only about stats and not price.
    (0)

Page 28 of 212 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast