Page 132 of 212 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2116
    Player
    Character
    Odowla Wetae
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Morzy View Post
    Tbh I was expecting GL4 at level 60
    I was as well, but after mathing out GL4, I think the devs probably realized just how rediculous Greased 4 woulda been, I mean, its like 163% total before you account for other buffs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Claire Abigail
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    https://youtu.be/kbvv0rgrT4k?t=68

from the video here's the skill order:
    PB
    RB(GL1)
    Meditation(?)
    SP(GL2)
    HF
    Demo(GL3)
    Unknown Skill(I assume it was the GL3 dump move because after using that skill, the monk lost all of his GL stacks)

I thought the last skill in the end was 2 skills but it looks like 1 skill with a long animation like demolish after watching it a few times.
    (0)

Character
    Straigus Rheyist
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 81
    I believe the skill after Demolish is the ability that consumes Chakra, and the one following it is the one that uses all of GL stacks.

We’ll be adding a system known as Chakra. You’ll be able to gain up to 5 stacks of Chakra, and once reaching the maximum amount you’ll be able to execute a high damage weapon skill. Additionally, you’ll be able to use Chakra to restore TP to yourself. Furthermore, there will be an ability that will allow you to change your form and a weapon skill that consumes Greased Lightning.
    Sounds like the Chakra move and GL drop move are separate.

They probably look like one because of the long animation of the first one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Atiqa Craiger
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Houston009 View Post
    I believe the skill after Demolish is the ability that consumes Chakra, and the one following it is the one that uses all of GL stacks.

Sounds like the Chakra move and GL drop move are separate.

They probably look like one because of the long animation of the first one.
    Yeah, I'm pretty certain it's 2 abilities. It's way too long to be 1 long, and he even pauses for a short period between. If it was one animation, you would never see the whole of it in fight, since you would start a new animation before it ended lol...

I also think you're right about the first one being the Chakra move, and the second being the one that consumes GL stacks.

The way they worded it, those 2 abilities are completely separate, and the one consuming GL stacks won't use Chakra stacks.

I've seen some confusion around the abilities, but to clarify to everyone... We know of 4 new abilities, and the Chakra stacks. High damage weaponskill that needs maximum Chakra stacks -- Ability that restores TP by using Chakra -- Ability that lets you change form -- Weaponskill that consumes GL

I've seen some that think the high damage Chakra ability restores you're TP too for example, but that's not the case. Also, the ability to change stance and the one that uses GL stacks, doesn't seem to use any Chakra.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arc Lalatoia
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    hey guys
    I've decided to dust off my monk uniform after taking a break from levelling other classes, I am wondering if the monk rotation has changed at all from the first post of this thread. I'm also wondering when is the best part of the rotation to add potions to the mix????
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Atiqa Craiger
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressure View Post
    hey guys
    I've decided to dust off my monk uniform after taking a break from levelling other classes, I am wondering if the monk rotation has changed at all from the first post of this thread. I'm also wondering when is the best part of the rotation to add potions to the mix????
    The rotation haven't changed. Keep in mind though, that the rotation will change in under a month, with the expansion coming.

As for potions... You don't really need to use them now until the expansion, but if you want to try out using them, it's really simple.

You open with Perfect Balance, then use Demo -> Snap -> Snap(B4B) -> DK(IR) -> Twin(Str pot) -> Boot(Poison pot) -> True(Howl) -> Demo(Steel) -> ToD. That's the opener I use, take note that I don't use my buffs until I have 3 stacks of GL, and I use the potions after those 2 buffs.

After the opener, you simply use the potions as they come off cool-down, so nothing complex about it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Craiger; 05-23-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Claire Abigail
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Craiger View Post
    I've seen some that think the high damage Chakra ability restores you're TP too for example, but that's not the case. Also, the ability to change stance and the one that uses GL stacks, doesn't seem to use any Chakra.

If it's two skills in the end, look closely, the first skill he uses the one that jumps in the air and does a spirit bomb thing, he looses the gl stack there.

We can assume the uppercut is the high dmg mediation/chakra skill.

My question right now is how do we build up chakra stance...is it over time....skill related? Aahh so many question and it's exciting.

Oh and I'm glad no one made a "rip monk" thread in the forums...that's just me though and maybe I love being challenged and stuff.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alis Cefr
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaireAbigail View Post
    If it's two skills in the end, look closely, the first skill he uses the one that jumps in the air and does a spirit bomb thing, he looses the gl stack there.

My question right now is how do we build up chakra stance...is it over time....skill related? Aahh so many question and it's exciting.

Oh and I'm glad no one made a "rip monk" thread in the forums...that's just me though and maybe I love being challenged and stuff.
    Give it time.
    (0)
    Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference.

Character
    Straigus Rheyist
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaireAbigail View Post

During the animation for the first move GL is still there, then it drops as he begins the animation for the second one. I feel like the first one is the chakra move mainly because it feels like it goes with the flow of the monk rotation, while the second one is like an ender.

It could be the other way around. Either way, I'm a lot more excited about Monk than I thought. can't wait for HW.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Philia Felice
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    I'd speculate if the MNK core "rotation" changes it'd strictly be related to the ender, since it's the only part of the combo you could add a move without negating a move (have to do DK + BS in alternation, have to do TwS + TrS in alternation, only have to do one Demolish per roughly 2 Snaps). We'd probably need GL4 to be introduced before the single target rotation changes in any meaningful way, when you could presumably do 3 full rotations before buffs/debuffs wear off instead of 2.
    (1)

Page 132 of 212 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 ... LastLast