Player
    Character
    Rain Arrows
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Here are my thoughts on the matter.
    The RNG is totally rediculous and unfair...some players can get all twelve in one day (they claim) and players like me can spend 5hrs or more a day and be stuck on 8/12 and not even be on book 1 yet...total crap design. I have put in a great effort on getting these done and have just felt on most nights like I did not accomplish a darn thing...I gave up doing Primals and Coil and everythign else because I want my damn ATMA and start my books and still cannot get there.
    I would have rather it been something like do every FATE that spawns in an area 10 times or whatever and then you get your ATMA...so you still having us doing a ton of FATES but at least there is some end in sight.
    I also would have rather had it be something like you have to craft a "special" item from every crafter class...and you have to do it on your own...cannot buy it or get it from someone. I would rather level every crafting class than frigging do this many FATES...gosh dang it, this is sooooo frustrating.
    I hope they NERF the crap out of the drop rate and I get my next 4 in like 10 minutes....here's hoping.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mikedizzy; 04-24-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Luciano Bozzelli
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    I still don't understand how you can blame players. They're not at fault for content that doesn't hold their interest.

Personally I'm quite happy for them to be taking their time with the next stage and attempting to get it right.
    This is the only excuse that I actually liked. That they said they were evaluating what they have done, and are working on the next part to have more areas to obtain whatever they wanted us to obtain. But to hold back content because people aren't there yet kinda sucks. If something didn't hold someone's interest I can't blame them for that your right, and I never have. What I blame is the 192 pages of crying about something takes to long, and is boring because the fact of the matter is... If they told you to go fight a level 3 fate, in every zone, and when you fought that fate it gave you your drop... There would be no crying about doing level 3 fates. Everyone would have done them, shut the hell up, and would have went on about their business talking about there shiny new weapons.

But since the drop rate is unforgiving, you get the 192 pages overflowing with whine like a 2014 cheese party... If you don't understand how I can blame players then read this next sentence slowly and carefully...

They pulled up data showing not many people finished their atma's with a lot of that said data including people who said I'm not looking for atma's anymore until they fix the drop rate. Hence, if those people would have never quit, gave up, retired, whatever you want to call it, then maybe more people would have their atma's resulting in more people having their Animus, but this shouldn't matter, because Yoshi P stated that...

"the Zodiac Weapons are a form of upgraded Relic Weapon which will take a considerable amount of time to complete, and will be upgraded in the form of phases in each patch. Yoshida goes on to mention that not many players will have the first phase completed before the second one launches in 2.25, and that this is a very overtime goal for players to work on and that their viability as future weapons will remain for some time."
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Samhain Mangetsu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It doesn't have to be "fun". But it should atleast feel rewarding and worth the effort. That's the current problem a large amount of the playerbase feel the current system isn't worth the effort and the reward is lacking. When you can waste hours/days/weeks trying to get atma or just go do levi ex and get a weapon just as good or better then what's the point.

I agree that these things should be a time sync but they should still feel worth the time and rewarding enough or people just aren't going to want to do it. So anyone complaining that other players are to blame for them not releasing the next part of the relic upgrade should look at who's really to blame. The dev's cut corners in order to drag things out and that's what has led to the current situation.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elim Lovecraft
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    The Golden Saucer will have relic upgrade pachinko.
    LMAO

I honestly can see that happening.

Unlucky person: 10000000 tokens gambled, no upgrade item won.
    Lucky person: 1 token gambled, already got an upgrade item.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lamentations Finito
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Taruranto View Post
    You can take the books more slowly, you know. No one forces you to run Brayflox over and over and over.
    There is however one flaw in taking it slowly, that being that everyone in my FC now is doing just that (running Brayflox over and over), so when I finally get to it, (or your already there and not playing as much as they are) without a large influx of new members into the group, all of the veterans will just log out and go watch youtube or whatever as soon as I ask. Oh no! not Brayflox again!.

Otherwise they suggest DF, which I hate with a passion, it is said that nerfs keep people close to endgame, you just wont do nerfed content with people you know aren't asshats.

People do indeed get behind in xiv, if the rest of your FC has a lot more time in general to play than yourself, and they have ground a dung. into the ground they can be ooold gaming friends and you are still on your own.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lamentations; 04-24-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Player
    Character
    White Princess
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

woot i have 8 atma!

woot i have 8 atma! i'm almost there. just 100 more atma to go to finish all my jobs! fun stuff
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Emil Lacroix
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Listen okay, shhhh shhhh. No one is forcing anyone to get an Animus weapon. No one. If you do not want to go through that ordeal then thankfully there are some viable alternatives. Gone are the days of the Titan HM bottleneck. But understand that no matter how many progression paths are introduced, people will always complain. Animus? "Too grindy". Levi? "Too much RNG. Not on DF. Much latency". Weathered weapons? "But then I can't buy sol gear for like a few weeks. And RNG." High Allagan? "Coil is hard."

It's starting to sound like a you problem.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    White Princess
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by FaizeD View Post
    Listen okay, shhhh shhhh. No one is forcing anyone to get an Animus weapon. No one. If you do not want to go through that ordeal then thankfully there are some viable alternatives. Gone are the days of the Titan HM bottleneck. But understand that no matter how many progression paths are introduced, people will always complain. Animus? "Too grindy". Levi? "Too much RNG. Not on DF. Much latency". Weathered weapons? "But then I can't buy sol gear for like a few weeks. And RNG." High Allagan? "Coil is hard."

It's starting to sound like a you problem.
    are you talking to me? because i dont have a problem i'm just happy i got my 8th atma tonight and i love my weapons to glow its pretty. So i want to do it to all my jobs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Emil Lacroix
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteprincess View Post
    are you talking to me? because i dont have a problem i'm just happy i got my 8th atma tonight and i love my weapons to glow its pretty. So i want to do it to all my jobs.
    Oh no, sorry. Mine was a general reply to the thread. Happy farming
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Blowfin Jr
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Listen okay, shhhh shhhh. No one is forcing anyone to get an Animus weapon. No one. If you do not want to go through that ordeal then thankfully there are some viable alternatives.
    Well, yeah, that's exactly what people have done. They've ignored the Atma/Animus upgrades en masse.

They've ignored it to the point that it doesn't sound like the playerbase are even close to the number of Animus weapons Yoshi had in mind.
    (2)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast