Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    V'for Vendetta
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 54
    I find it hard to believe that anyone enjoys the quests in this game. EPIC QUEST "Throw burning stick at rock". Or my favorite quest from main story line, "Bring final perfume ingredient". I'm sorry lady, I'll killed 3 primals and a primal killer, you get your own crap. The best though was making stew for the Flame soldiers whom I out rank.

The real kicker is the millions of cut scenes I have to skip through. I tried switching to Japanese to see if there would be voices. There are for some, but mainly I just wonder, why? why do I need an epic scene for turning in 3 pugil corpses?

I've played alot of mmos. All the fun content is from other MMOs. Rift had fates. WoW has... All of this. The battle system is cool having to flank and what not as monk.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm mad I can't dye my af. I mean... it's yellow... Why?!
    (5)

Character
    Wei Shan
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandastirfry View Post
    but then these are just my opinions...for what that's worth
    My fc & I played 1.23 till the end ,we can't stop playing it,
    we played together, we helped each other, had made some new friends too
    & it's the reason why we bought ARR.

Then I got ARR.was excited for about 2 month,then feel like I was playing a single player game.
    if you don't raid, you are alone. community is worse. more elitist, gearscore lovers,
    crafting is useless (that's the main reason why my FC leader quit)

Now I don't log-in often.

My fc leader also quitted (he had 2 legacy accounts)

we agree that ARR is Primal XIV/Dungeon XI/Token XIV/Dutyfinder XIV, not Final Fantasy XIV

That's the difference
    (7)
    Last edited by WeiShan; 04-21-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Meneyota Kunyaa
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by WeiShan View Post
    My fc & I played 1.23 till the end ,we can't stop playing it, have made some friends
    & it's the reason why we bought ARR.

Then I got ARR.was excited for about 2 month,then feel like I was playing a single player game.
    Now I don't log-in often.

My fc leader also quitted (he had 2 legacy accounts)

we agree that ARR is Primal XIV/Dungeon XI/Token XIV/Dutyfinder XIV, not Final Fantasy XIV

That's the difference
    and in my opinion 1. X is exactly the same as now but 1.x had a crummy UI, and system reqs far outside the realm of reasonable, and only a fraction of the content of 2.0.

I mean, heck, at cap in 1.x what was there to do, farm dark light from cutter's, work on relic which made the atma grind seem forgiving, farm primal drops that were equally annoying due to no need/greed system or just no drop at all. And grind seals and Gil... And that was pretty much it.
    (7)
    Last edited by Pandastirfry; 04-21-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Character
    Wei Shan
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 25
    and in my opinion 1. X is exactly the same as now but 1.x had a crummy UI, and system reqs far outside the realm of reasonable, and only a fraction of the content of 2.0.
    Yes 2.0 have better graphic, better UI,
    but gameplay is mediocre, just another WOW clone.

The camera control & UI in XI are the worst I've ever seen in 3D mmo,
    the gameplay is to die for. met good people, memorable adventures, there are some magic in XI/1.23,& ARR is lacking it
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Meneyota Kunyaa
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Yes 2.0 have better graphic, better UI,
    but gameplay is mediocre, just another WOW clone.

The camera control & UI in XI are the worst I've ever seen in 3D mmo,
    the gameplay is to die for. met good people, memorable adventures, there are some magic in XI/1.23,& ARR is lacking it
    Ah so the truth comes out, this is just yet another XI 2 request / WoW clone claim that has been dogging XIV since day one of Alpha for even 1.0.
    (7)
    Last edited by Pandastirfry; 04-21-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aqua Arianna
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I find it ironic most people that are against ARR and pro pre-2.0 are people that didnt even have their accounts that long and the people against pre-2.0 are 1 year+ veterans.

I havent played pre-ARR but OP can you give actual reasons why you think these contents are good. You just gave a list without giving Thorough explanations whatsoever. I'm actually curious about how the game ran before ARR and some of the things people found better before. Cause right now, looking at the posts it seems people pro-1.23 are just finding ways to bash ARR for being too generic.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Meneyota Kunyaa
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiju View Post
    I find it ironic most people that are against ARR and pro pre-2.0 are people that didnt even have their accounts that long and the people against pre-2.0 are 1 year+ veterans.

I havent played pre-ARR but OP can you give actual reasons why you think these contents are good. You just gave a list without giving Thorough explanations whatsoever. I'm actually curious about how the game ran before ARR and some of the things people found better before. Cause right now, looking at the posts it seems people pro-1.23 are just finding ways to bash ARR for being too generic.
    Well the even funnier thing is if you could go back to the 1.0 forums you'll you'll find many of the people complaining about 2.0 were also loudly complaining about everything that was added or changed from 1.18-1.23.

Character
    Wei Shan
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 25
    Ah so the truth comes out, this is just yet another XI 2 request / WoW clone claim that has been dogging XIV since day one of Alpha for even 1.0.
    Yes, some players always say "XI XI XI XI",
    before you blame them,why don't ask yourself, why they love XI so much?

I mean, the more you play XI/1.23, the more you will love it.
    ARR is the opposite

Seiju: this is my alt account ,my main account have all job capped 50, played arr since alpha.

When ARR just launched,A XI player told me this is another WOW clone, I didn't believe him at that time.
    Now I know he is right. some XI players are the most experienced MMO players too.

edit 2:I reached my daily post limit. so I will talk here.
    to Pandastirfry: You made ​​a mistake,the point of mmorpg is meeting new friends ,play together,
    you help others & others help you,have warm memories & memorable adventures.
    if you just want some virtual items,DF with random people just for tokens, why play a MMO?
    (4)
    Last edited by WeiShan; 04-21-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Meneyota Kunyaa
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Yes, some players always say "XI XI XI XI",
    before you blame them,why don't ask yourself, why they love XI so much?

I mean, the more you play XI/1.23, the more you will love it.
    ARR is the opposite
    I played XI for 7 years, the day this becomes like XI, a game I quit due to its myriad flaws, is the day I quit XIV too.
    Just caught your edit. In my experience XI players are the least experienced MMO players, rarely stepping outside of the dated EQ Clone world of XI, and calling any game that is not a tedious, slow, grindfest a "WoW Clone" wether it's true or not.

All the " bring back XI/1.23 " request just sounds to me like standing on at the dawn of the Iorn age saying "bring back stone tools! They have charm and were harder to make so they were better! Besides iron's just a bronze clone! Lame!"

As to you second edit: I'm sorry but the point of MMO's is to work cooperatively (at times) to overcome challenges designed by the developers in a persistent online "world"... Making "friends" and "wonderful memories" is an added bonus. They are not meant to replace or serve as a surrogate for a social life.
    (10)
    Last edited by Pandastirfry; 04-21-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Player
    Character
    V'for Vendetta
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 54
    It's not WoW clone until there's Flying mounts. Not to mention WoW doesn't have quests anymore that send you from one town, to another town, and finally back again. They got rid of call them after cataclysm. It would have been better if this game had Get quest at point A, kill crap at point B, turn in all quests from one area at point C. I don't like going back to same place. Most people like the feeling they get knowing they cleared an entire area. Nothing annoys me more than there being no ! left, then I turn in a quest and 3 more pop up. Half of them requiring I teleport to places all the way across the world. Honestly it has to be the dumbest questing system ever.

I didn't play 1.0 or w/e, I played FFonline or 11 or w/e for awhile. Getting classes was super hard. Had to go to Norg for Ninja do that long quest. Dragoon kill the dragon. Pally, something with a cave? In reality though, that game sucked hard. You couldn't kill anything by yourself, I don't even remember seeing a quest because I had to group up at level 10 to kill pugils and avoid elementals.

This game could be awesome if people would stop defending the things that suck about it. In order to make things better you have to say hey, I like this but this sucks. If you don't they are just gonna be like "O not enough ppl complain".

Keep that up and they'll do the same thing as the last final fantasy online.... Stay with a subscription even though it should be F2P and release no content except for chocobo races.
    (0)
    Last edited by VforVendetta; 04-21-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast