Player
    Character
    Rinoa Heartily
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70

I like grinding. I like hunting logs. But waiting...

Seriously, I rerolled to healer/tank cause of the wait times. The FATEs in the books are just.. wow. I don't get to play a lot, I need to work and stuff.. At least I want to be able to play when I want to play, but waiting for the FATE to even appear can take me ages. Imagine having 4 hours to play to do one FATE, that's not very appealing is it?

It certainly is the right direction, I love doing the hunting log, the dungeon log, even the levequest log, but if they don't boost the FATE appearance like the beastmen I think it's a little too harsh. Arguably you can do stuff like level your chocobo while waiting but you miss it and it's another 4 hours? Really?
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Kit Brinny
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Yeah, waiting for the fates was the only thing I disliked about this whole atma process so far. I don't mind a grind and I actually enjoy completing the books, but the fate waiting? Bleh
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Porkchop Sandwiches
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    You can't really do other things while you wait either. Too many times i've gotten there a tad late and only gotten silver/bronze.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Milk Maid
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Whoever idea it was to add rare spawn fates to the Animus books should be burned, alive.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rinoa Heartily
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Well, I'm 90% sure that they will "at least" nerf the fate spawn rates.. It probably is for the people who want it now, like me.. (
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tomba Labomba
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    It has nothing to do with wanting it now imo. At least not for me and from the comments I have seen so far, the vast majority of the other Players think alike. I would rather do 20 of them but at a speedy pop up rate. So in the end it might also take 4 hours but at least you are busy during that time. It is the boredom and senseless standing around in the scenery they need to eliminate. Not sure how, as a designer, you can see a long waiting time as a time sink or a long term goal.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aeryn Zael
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I waited for literally 8 hours for the Fate "The Enemy of my Enemy" to show up. Very annoying.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mila Raine
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    For one I really like the rest of the book grind, but the fate part of it is annoying. They take a very long time to spawn unless you get lucky. Or unlucky where you zone into an area and the fate you need just finishes when you get there lol *cries*

I either fish or craft while waiting in the area I need. Make sure to stock up on a lot of mats if crafting ;o
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rinoa Heartily
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Crafting is a decent idea, actually. Hahaha!

Anyways, it's one aspect I hate on an otherwise (for me) perfect game that just keeps improving. It feels like going to an amusement park, but you are behind an invisible queue and have no idea when you'll start playing. This and the DF queue.
    (0)