Player
    Character
    Bloodclaw Talon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90

Light Steel Galerus dying SUCKS!!!1!!

As many have seen, we have a new long list of generally nice items for glamouring. However, I just used a lot of coke making myself a Light Steel Galerus because it was dyeble to find that THE STRAPS, the barrally visible straps are the part that is dyed.

This is ridiculous and needs to be fixed! Make the metal the part that is dyed already!

While I was some-what miffed about the Taffeta clothing, having that horrible half colored aspect that more often than not didn't work relegating it to often being died white, this is a total LAZY failure.

P.S. It LITERALLY looks like the accidentally inverted the selection when they decided which part they should texture to be dye-able

FIX IT!

P.P.S. In fact, I am going to say REMOVE the dye-able aspect, because as is, it is usless, and having it dye-able will FOOL a lot of people into getting it. As is, making it dye-able is a trap; a trap I fell into. Wish I could have previewed this before I made it.
    (12)
    Last edited by Bloodclaw; 05-20-2014 at 02:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    it's not like SE promised something else
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodclaw View Post
    Wish I could have previewed this before I made it.
    Looh Gah from the Amalj'aa daily quests
    (11)
    Last edited by Felis; 05-20-2014 at 03:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bloodclaw Talon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    it's not like SE promised something else

Looh Gah from the Amalj'aa daily quests
    The straps are such a minor part that it totally favors the lighter colors. I will admit it does seem more prevalent with this baby blue and the like light colors. I usually dye things black or wine red, and due to the idea of using the smaller aspect of the armor piece those colors are useless. This is poor design if not a mistake. You should optimise the options rather than super focus, and having the metal dye-able would have been the better option.

Yes it looks good in that picture especially with the yellow-grey background to highlight the baby blue. But dying pieces is about the option best for the entire game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lalah Elakha
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    The vanity system is pretty tricky. You can't preview, and even if you could the looks on some parts depend on what they are matched to.

I kind of fooled myself there and bought the pants, tested with a poor choice body, and saw it was nothing else than metal swimsuit. But then I resold it, and saw someone else wear it with a suitable body and noticed that yea they actually had more details, in certain situations. Might need to rebuy some again, but it is kind of silly how hard it is to know what things will look like. You'd kind of need a super advanced preview system that you can preview with different other gear.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lyrio Dreamcatchers
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I made the light steel galerus a few weeks ago as well. I assumed the same thing: that the main part is dyeable. I sold it off within seconds of crafting it -___- Very disappointing to say the least...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bloodclaw Talon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    This is still rather horrible. Maybe one day we can color both? IDK
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frito Bandito
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Yeah I wish the dyes on this gamed worked similar to Guild Wars. I recall being able to combine different dyes to create colors, and I THINK you could dye different sections of the gear but on that I could be mistaken.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I remember making the shawl(?) for one of my alts and tried to dye it black, but was greatly disappointed that only part of the outfit was actually black, while the rest turned gray. It also removed the shiny leathery texture on the armor, so I decided to just remove it...

I know in GW2 you could dye up to 4 different parts of some individual pieces of gear, but it depended on the armor; some of them I think still only had 1 color you could dye. Also, once you found a dye, you could consume it to have that color permanently unlocked to use whenever you wanted via your character menu:

GW2 also let you preview how gear and dyes would appear on your character before you decided to buy it on the markets - very helpful when looking for vanity pieces. It'd be nice if FF14 could have something similar.
    (12)
    Last edited by Tetsaru; 05-20-2014 at 06:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bloodclaw Talon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Yeah all of this would be nice. I should have to start an extensive Google search or something just to see how things are dyed before I buy/make them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaelie Niie
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I actually like how it dyes, so each to their own.

Yes, it would be awesome if they would give us 2 separate dye channels for this and be able to dye the metal as well, but I for one am happy enough with it.

If you want to complain about what "channel" dyes on armor, choose something else. Say... just about any DoL/DoH "AF" where we often see each piece dying a different part of the item. Or say.. the new "Mariner" stuff where the pants and shoes clearly dye a different major color than the top. At least Light Steel is consistent at which part it dyes.
    (1)
    I'd rather be in Zitah

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast