Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Character
    I''''''''l I''''''''l
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90

Suggestion / Idea: Show members of the FC in the map.

-------- Intro -------

Hi, here comes the noob of the forum with another nooby idea that will probably be drop or don't even checked by Square Enix at all.... But, okay, here it goes!....

First of all, a disclaimer. I'm just a poor noob and I didn't have this idea by my own, it was a new member of my FC who asked "And can I see where are the others of the FC in the map?" and then I thought "Hey... wait a moment... you... you are a genius! It's not implemented in the game, but it could be, Imma going to make a thread in forum!"

-------- The Idea-------

The idea is.... Make something similar to what happens in the party, but with the guild members, so we can know if there's a FC member in that map, where, go on its aid, and those kind of cool things!

-------- Frequently POSSIBLE QUESTIONS ANSWERED.-------

Oh, yeah, because there's always people that can try to say that the idea is bad because x thing, I tried myself to imagine why and then reply here for them, saving their pro time.

- 1 -

Pro dude: "Hi. I think that it won't be good idea at all... I mean... That's a mess! What if your FC is huge? Too much thingies in the map..."
    This noob: "Oh, don't worry my friend, then... What about adding it to character configuration? A checkbox where we can decide either if showing our FC members in the map or not!"

- 2-

Pro dude: "Ok. I don't want to be tracked by my FC wherever I go or not, that just sucks. What about it?"
    This noob: "Ah! Again we will go to Character Configuration and use some kind of option "Show your position to the FC members" or such... By default it should be showing it, because else nobody would show there.

- 3-

Pro dude: "It should have a different color than the simbol of party members in the map"
    This noob: "Oh, yeah, true, thanks for remembering that. I almost forget it!... Eventually to have an option in showing names or so to change the color of people... Not only for appearing in the map, but when you see their names in city. It would be awesome, so you can choose a different color for your FC members.

-------- In short -------

Make FC members have more link between them, let us put them a color, similar to what happens in alliance members and party members, and let us see them in the map where we are.

Thanks for reading this noobish english.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Ampersand Kai
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Yeah, I'm for it as long as those options are there. My FC is huge, so this would definitely drive me batty if I couldn't turn it off.

The only other quibbles I can come up with is I'm not sure if the PS3 could handle it, and it's (potentially) a lot more network traffic. I don't think this would provide a huge gameplay advantage, so I don't see it being a big problem for this to be PS4/PC only, or for the PS3 to have limits on it.

Not sure about the network traffic, though. If it's only showing FC members in visible range (since it has to load their positions anyway, to show them), it's of limited use. If it loads FC member positions as long as you're on the same map, regardless of distance (like it does with party members), that's kind of a potential ton of data. Also less of an issue if you can turn it off and/or set limits, so I'm not trying to call it a bad idea. Just a factor that would need to be addressed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mewchat Bogz
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 55
    Well it's nice and all but ... what would it be for ?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Radxen Clyne
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Since there is no real FC related quest or content, like XNihili said it's kinda useless, if you wanna know where she members are you can just ask them or add them to a party ._.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Calyanare Vendaurel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Honestly, I'd settle for being able to set FC members' nameplates to a different color, like in pretty much every other MMO that exists.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Muzetta Riventa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Calyanare View Post
    Honestly, I'd settle for being able to set FC members' nameplates to a different color, like in pretty much every other MMO that exists.
    This, a thousand times. Not only is there a chat function for a reason if you're looking for a specific person, in Mor Dhona for example it would just help more for FC members to have differently coloured names, rather than show up on the map.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tahldon Boyoikoh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Lol. This is a nice idea; however, I'd like to be able to sneak off with my important other and hang out without being openly tailed and whatnot.
    (1)
    Well... "Common" sense isn't all that common anymore, now is it?

Character
    I''''''''l I''''''''l
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Well, I know it's not really so needed feature after all, not so needed that I didn't even realize it before my FC member spoke....About what could it be... Well, it's just nice to know where they are in some moments, and the party is limited to 8. Also you can't be in party all the time you want because the duty finder....

What I wonder now is what Bixby-sand said, he has his point there, I didn't had in mind if that would suppose an higher net traffic since the server would probably have to check more positions and actualize them to player, generating more stress... If that would be like that, then better to forget the idea because it wouldn't be worth of it to stress the server.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lanfear Sessurea
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    It's basically for mor dhona I'm guessing.....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kay'la Yukinekove
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Nooo then I wouldn't be able to play hide and go seek with my fc.
    (4)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast