Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kizuna Astin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    why spend 13k myth to upgrade non-top tier weapon when you can sell 500 myth for 80k ;P i will get animus when the price for myth item go down. now is the time for making money $_$
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lydall Momoda
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I don't bother to farm it as Thyrus Animus is much better than whm levi wpns, I rather spent my time to farm myth and complete my atma books and it is kinda funny to see all pf are looking for whm and no whm want to join lol.
    (2)

Character
    Blueberry Haze
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    complain complain they could dish out ilv400 weapons and yet yall still complain i have to do this for that or i did not get that. every one else got but my class did not it is all across the board. is there anything would make you happy and not complain the dev team is working so hard to give us content while working on expansion they are doing there best instead of complaining try leaving a suggestion on that thread you guys/ladies might or might not get it asking nicely will garner better results instead of complaining which will only fall on def ears
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jugem Mumei
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 37
    The truly irritating thing is they know that there's a shortage of tanks and healers, but they're effectively punishing Paladins and White Mages for playing their job with this system. It would have been incredibly simple to not do so and it's a rather disappointing oversight. I suppose they want to discourage me from tanking anymore?
    (0)
    Last edited by eagledorf; 04-17-2014 at 03:22 PM.

This is FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida.

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the Mirror of the Whorl. Deciding on appropriate measures to address this issue and finalize the processes required to do so took longer than expected, so I would like to apologize for the late announcement.

In particular, I would like to address the issue faced by paladins and white mages, who require two Mirrors of the Whorl to upgrade both a weapon and shield, while other jobs require only one.

A new system allowing players to exchange one item for two rewards was scheduled to be implemented, but due to unforeseen circumstances, it was not ready in time for patch 2.2. As a result, paladins and white mages were left without means to exchange a mirror for both their weapons and shields as a set. I realize this has greatly inconvenienced you all, and I sincerely apologize for the current implementation.

Many players are also concerned with low drop rates, but I would like to assure you that the drop tables for weapons and shields are separate and balanced to prevent inequality between paladins, white mages, and other jobs. Unfortunately, this is not the case for Mirrors of the Whorl, as the new exchange system was not ready in time for patch 2.2.

When taking into account the various trials and duties introduced with each update, we generally offer alternatives to obtain weapons and shields of the same item level while making adjustments to overall character enhancement. This is especially true for paladins. However, only one one-handed weapon for white mages was added in Patch 2.2, leaving those who would prefer to use a one-handed weapon and shield at a disadvantage.

A similar situation arose with the black mage weapon obtainable in the Binding Coil of Bahamut - Turn 5, and we addressed this in Patch 2.1 by adding a shield that could be obtained as a reward for clearing the three extreme primal battles. However, this still resulted in a disadvantageous situation due to the item level of this shield.

The new exchange system allowing players to exchange one item for two rewards is scheduled for implementation before patch 2.3. Moving forward, we will make every effort to ensure equality in rewards received by all jobs.

Additionally, in response to feedback regarding the difficulty of obtaining a Mirror of the Whorl due to its low drop rate and the need to also win a lot, the following adjustments will be made with Patch 2.25, which is scheduled to be released at the end of April.
    • The Tidal Wave Shield will be added as a possible shield reward for The Whorleater (Extreme).
    • The Tidal Wave Buckler will be added as a possible shield reward for The Whorleater (Extreme).
    • Players that have used a Mirror of the Whorl to upgrade a Wave Shield or Wave Buckler before Patch 2.25 will receive an additional Mirror of the Whorl.
    While the rate at which shields appear will be higher, let me reiterate that the drop tables for weapons and shields are separate, and these changes will have no effect on the drop rate for weapons.

Furthermore, for those who have already upgraded their Wave Shields and Wave Bucklers, the development and operations teams will analyze player data to determine who has already enhanced these shields, and we will be sending these players a Mirror of the Whorl via mog letter after the release of Patch 2.25.

This analysis will take place during the maintenance period for Patch 2.25, and we plan to send Mirrors of the Whorl to players a few days after the patch is released.

I apologize again for the inconvenience, and ask for your patience as we work to address this matter.
    (104)

Player
    Character
    Aresaka Kunokai
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Does this mean those who already have the shield but dont have it upgraded will simply get the upgraded version without the extra mirror?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Au Ra
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Additionally, in response to feedback regarding the difficulty of obtaining a Mirror of the Whorl due to its low drop rate and the need to also win a lot, the following adjustments will be made with Patch 2.25, which is scheduled to be released at the end of April.
    You imply there that you will be increasing the drop rate of the mirrors but then in changes there is nothing of the sort? Guess you meant since PLD/WHMs had to obtain 2. Very disappointing, hoped for a moment you came to your senses about these sorts of drop rates.
    (18)
    Last edited by SongJoohee; 04-18-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ajisai Zabosai
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Maybe it was a way to keep PLDs and WHMs doing it longer because of the shortage of tanks and healers?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Garin Landen
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 62
    It is neat compensation for folks actually lucky enough to get a mirror and I suppose as well for those folks who uprgaded the shield first for one reason or another but the promise of the mirror is a very frustrating one. I think many of us burnt out on the fight after the initial first couple of days in a patch sprint. In our FC alone we had like 3-4 groups with people getting kills in the double digits, maybe even triple, with not much to show for, maybe a mirror or two.

I guess I'm still frustrated with any sense of progression because of how Coil 2 is structured as well. Mirrors of the whorl remind me a lot of the Unidentified Allagan Tomestones, and I wish those were more numerous instead of having to wait eight weeks for a person to get one. Being the last guy on the list of that is a case for sour grapes I guess.

I guess if the mirror droprate is more significant come 2.25 all of my whining will not matter, so here is hoping.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vita Rena
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    At first when I read that, I thought that mirror drop rate would be look in to and increase, but it doesn't seems to be, which is quite disappointing. Me and my static have farm Levi quite a lot either together or separately, but only 1 of us have seen the mirror, the rest of us have never seen it drop. Not too mention that you have to roll against 7 other players if you are not in a static group. PF group have resorted to limiting roll for mirror to 2 person, but this also cause players not joining a group if the slot for mirror is full, simply because there is no reason to join unless they can roll for the mirror. Those that have been farming a lot will by now have the weapons they want or even some weapons that they don't, so mirror is the only reason to keep farming Levi.

Looking at how it is I would probably get my Animus done before I even see a mirror, let alone get one.
    (8)
    Last edited by valho; 04-18-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast