(2)

Player
    Character
    Pande Monium
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    I crafted saurian belt of aiming and boots because this items with melds are better than myth/allagan gear or almost be melded.

Depends of...how many hardcore players there are on your server?

A hardcore player, will spend money to improve his gear and melds to get more dps, heal, hp, ... (example blue garter)

Semi-Hardcore he will craft his own gear or will use the actual gear more soldier items.

Casual gamer: Differents opinions, a casual gamer who want become a hardcore and don't wanna waste time farming Coil 1-5 to get the best gear.
    the casual gamer who don't buy items ilvl 90 because myth and coil 1-5 is enough.
    Rich casual gamer who spend a lot of money for vanity and walk on Limsa/mor dhona
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lamentations Finito
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Moheeheeko View Post
    The problem isnt coil, the problem is crafters charging (on my server) 1.2 million for one piece of gear when the mats, if bought instead of farmed, cost about 150k.
    Welcome to a little bit of XIs AH marketing philosophy injected into XIVs MP, 1.5 million after 150k in mats would be a better guess in that game.

This is a kneejerk reaction on the part of crafters obviously in relation to them not having recipes which match the top drop gear at endgame, I am not suprised at all.

As more crafters slowly craft these recipes, the prices will come down if only by undercutting sans any other reason.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lamentations; 04-18-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Cherry Fortuna
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    I know crafters aren't going to win the idea of having crafted gear being better than coil 1-5. But how about make the mats cheaper?

Just about anyone you could ask would say that people enjoy some flexibility on gear. I'm not asking for crafted gear to be better than coil 1-5 or the myth af sets, but maybe if we made the mats cost less myth, people would buy our crafted gear so they could min/max their stats some more.

For instance, for 825 myth tomes, you can get the af body piece that is i90. OR, you can spend 1600 myth to buy the myth tome mats, then take them to a crafter and hope they don't break it by accident when making you a chest. Then if the crafter does a good job, it would be the nice thing to do to give them a tip (more stuff to shell out).

The crafted HQ pieces aren't bad at all. But do people have a reason to get them? Unless you are made of money or spend 8hrs a day farming myth, you aren't going to have a full set before you get most of your soldiery/high allagan gear. On the other hand, you could farm 1-5 and get decked out in a day with i90 allagan gear. That isn't balanced.

I think many people would argue that the HQ crafted i90 sets fall into the hardcore category. How many are hardcore enough to spend that much money/myth to possibly get slightly more secondary stats? Most are not hardcore.... So why cater to the 5% of people that will buy this gear from you? If someone could make a full set of them, they might have a slight edge (if capped with materia IVs), for like maybe a few weeks until they replace it all with soldiery gear. But for the other 95% of us, we aren't going to have a full set unless we are sitting on a small fortune and buy other people's mats. Farming all the myth ourselves really isn't a option in the time frame that this gear would be relevant.
    (2)
    Last edited by Cherie; 04-18-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kyana Nekote
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    snip
    QFT.

10 char min. 1000 char max.
    *sigh*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lalah Elakha
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I haven't played much lately, but isn't this a typical catch 22 moment?

To make the big money, you need to craft. To buy end game items you need money. Which means to afford to buy someone elses product, you need to level crafting first and make money, and at that moment the reason to buy from other crafters disappear. The only real market a crafter have to sell to is legacy players and people without crafter friends who are damn good at grinding dungeons for gil. At which point they probably also grind gear and lose the incentive to buy as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Daiza Auvec
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    I haven't played much lately, but isn't this a typical catch 22 moment?
    And such a situation gives birth to a situation where a fully functional economy is impossible.

Honestly if they made it so that you could only pick one Discipline of Hand/Land, and only one forever and if you switched it you would have to level the old one from 1 to 50 again if you switched back, and THEN made it so only those with the set DoH/DoL could gather the materials for those, then they may have a shot at one.
    (0)

8. 04-18-2014 11:28 PM

Player
    Character
    Akari Legaia
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    On my server it's better to sell myth mats than the 3 star gear itself. Since the materia cost for grade 4s are around 150k each for savage aim, might, and heaven's eye, very few players want to purchase the gear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hermennes Cletrindale
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    I know crafters aren't going to win the idea of having crafted gear being better than coil 1-5. But how about make the mats cheaper?
    If what happened to old philo items is any indication, these materials WILL get cheaper over time, to the point where 3 star items will be dirt cheap. They will very likely increase the rate at which you can obtain myths in 2.3 and they might even do that in 2.25.
    The stuff is expensive now to make it rare and in demand, so people can make a lot of money from them. Just like how 2 star items were when the game launched.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Daiza Auvec
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Chayala View Post
    -snip-
    I think you are looking at things far bigger than I was. I was only saying only talking about the money making game. Unless the access to goods is severely limited and the price of goods are changed to meet that accordingly, then you'll always have this situation.
    (0)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast