Player
    Character
    Boagrius Grimaldi
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80

PSA: Atma Weapon upgrade books - Some of the FATEs have a trigger

So, I just started the first book after getting my Atma weapon and I found that one FATE in particular was taking a long time to pop:

Giant Seps

After doing some searches on the web it seemed that people had reported anywhere from 90 minutes to 6 hours or so on the spawn time... of course leading to a ton of complaints. Some even suggested that the FATE would pop by killing the dragonflies near the spawn point.

I got bored while waiting and killed a few dragonflies. Nothing happened. Waited some more... killed the one right next to the entrance to The Stone Vigil and Seps spawned IMMEDIATELY after!

Bam, FATE done

Now, off to Outer La Noscea to kill some Synthetic Doblyns and find the FATE "Make it Rain". I see a bunch of plasmoids around the spot where the FATE pops and I figure... let's see what happens?

I killed a single plasmoid and the FATE popped!

So, instead of waiting around for a FATE that seems to take a long time to pop... do yourself a favor and kill something
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Akame Mashiro
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    ty you so much for this I was standing in front of stone vigil waiting for it to pop then I attacked the dragonfly and bam insta fate
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deli Denkryst
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    I'm not sure about the trigger thing...
    as my example, I was waiting for "Make it Rain" for 1 hour. A drg came and like says "you know it has trigger"... so he killed and killed every single plasmoid there several rounds. nothing happened. Then, he got tired and just waited there. 10 mins later (no one killed anything), make it rain, popped... he still afk til the end.

so.. ya... but you know, it's like what yoshi-p said about the XI crafting direction thing... so... hmm...

PS
    by the way, I have an alt, so I always place it to the other FATE I need. When I was waiting for "Make It Rain" my alt was monitoring "The Enemy of My Enemy" for me. They almost pop at same time Make It Rain poped first, then immediately The Enemy of My Enemy popped. (so I missed "The Enemy of My Enemy"). Same thing happened for The "Air Supply" and the one at south than near the bridge. Air Supply popped first and immediately the south Than one. They "seemed to" sync to each other. I don't have enough evidence to tell right now...
    (1)
    Last edited by Deli; 04-14-2014 at 04:46 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Some fates just have a really long spawn time some of the Coerthas ones. Currently need Tower of Power been waiting about 3 hours it hasn't spawned. Mainly because the zone is huge and people don't kill the other fates so have to wait 15 min for them to time out.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Isunia Torvold
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Killed so many plasmoids waiting on the "make it rain" fate, I was able to spirit bind 2 sets of armor. Still had to wait 3-4 hours on the pop.

You just got lucky.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Blackiron Tarkus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    The Giant Seps fate is random so I don't think killing the mobs around it will make it spawn. Maybe doing the fates around it might make it spawn faster similar to what happened when CT went live and we had to do those four stupid fates to unlock it but I don't think people will leave fearing that when they do it will pop which usually happens very often. I got lucky as I only waited 45 min for it to pop, the other before me however waited for 1-2 hours. I then headed for outer La Noscea for "Make it Rain" and it popped as soon as I got to the spawn area. After I beat that I went to East Shroud for the "Enmity of my Enemy" fate and I got it as soon as I reached the spawn area. So I basically finished all three fates for my book in one go.

Also the "Enmity of my Enemy" fate is part two of a two part fate that starts with "Enemy of my Enemy" which has to be triggered by talking to an npc so don't leave after the first fate finishes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Marxam; 04-14-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Boagrius Grimaldi
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Deli View Post
    I'm not sure about the trigger thing...
    as my example, I was waiting for "Make it Rain" for 1 hour. A drg came and like says "you know it has trigger"... so he killed and killed every single plasmoid there several rounds. nothing happened. Then, he got tired and just waited there. 10 mins later (no one killed anything), make it rain, popped... he still afk til the end.
    I believe there is a timer AND a kill trigger. It's not like we'll be able to spawn the FATEs back to back by killing mobs :P However, it's waaaaaay too much of a coincidence that both FATEs I tried this on popped immediately after I killed a mob. I just have seen a lot of people camping these FATEs and just standing around.... they have likely been waiting for a while so I got "lucky" but actually killing the trigger mob after they'd already been waiting around.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    I don't think there are. I did my first book last week, I hit up east shroud first got lucky it was up 2 mins after I go there. Went to do the make it rain fate me and a BLM just chilled there for about 30mins it popped and no one was killing the plasmas. Went to do Seps >< waited almost 2 hours I even killed some mobs cause I was bored, and I seen other people doing it when I showed up.

As for Seps fate I haven't done many fates since 2.1 changes, But I swear that fate use to pop like every 45mins to an hour. Cause I remember doing Svara and Seps would pop.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Waliel Hla
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    No one is doing random FATEs there and you can only have a certain number of FATEs up at the same time. This leads to a situation where you end up having to wait 15 minutes for a random FATE to end, and then hope for the right one to spawn. I'd wager there's even a semi-rotation of a kind on the FATEs that makes is so that you have to have a certain number of FATEs done before the same one can appear again. Add in the chance that some FATEs could be rarer spawns than others and you're in for a possibly long wait.
    (0)

Yoshi-P is doing his best and is patching Endwalker. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Character
    Leo Strut
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizue View Post
    snip
    From another thread that essentially was the same thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

We looked into this because of the reports we were receiving, but we confirmed that there are no special conditions that need to be triggered for this FATE to occur. However, there is a limit to the number of FATEs that can be active at the same time within an area. Therefore, if you are waiting for a specific FATE to occur, please try completing the other FATEs in the area.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast