Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Hakaze Kusaribe
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    People wasting their time undercutting by 1 gil is just wasting time, OCD, or something dysfunctional along those lines. And then they come here and complain about constantly undercutting.

And the greedy seller then complain when someone else price for signicant discount. Well the market will pay what the market can pay. All the prices named that are not agreeable to the market are good as irrelevant or nonexistent. The only price that matters is the price that sold the item. If the greedy seller thinks that price it too low, then by the darn thing and put it back on the market at the price the greedy seller wants and make a profit flipping the item while they are at it. What they got no guts? They can only come here and whine?

The market board works fine as it is. Stupid listing fees only makes the market less efficient. Prices changing all the time is the sign of a healthy market and the buyers and sellers are openly negotiating a price they can work with. Prices that are affordable to all it also a sign of healthy market, just like walmart, target, or costco having wide variety of items available all the time for affordable prices.

It is a good thing that market board is set up as it is, and not an auction house like e-bay, where it is set up purely for the gains of sellers.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nami Sarutobi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    i wish they could add that people cant remove the items when you post it for a a period of time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Minuit Lecard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriana View Post
    i wish they could add that people cant remove the items when you post it for a a period of time.
    why would this need to be a thing? that would mean I can't access my retainer for X period of time after posting an item for sale. what if I forgot to send my retainer on assignment or what if I remember there was a piece of gear/ item I wanted to grab?
    The only way this could even start to be a thing is if they made accessing your retainer not equal stopping the sale of items. I think what you may really want, whether you know it or not, is for the connection between accessing your retainer and items being for sale to be removed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tonrak Totorak
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Oh that necro bump
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Ashkendor Zahirr
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriana View Post
    I wish people would check the dates on posts instead of digging up old bones to gnaw on. ._.
    (6)

6. 10-30-2014 04:31 PM
    Reason
    dead thread

Player

Let's just do what they do in XI and that is bidding. All you can see is what the last X amount of items sold for. You cant see how much some one put the item on the AH for.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by maxthunder1 View Post
    Let's just do what they do in XI and that is bidding. All you can see is what the last X amount of items sold for. You cant see how much some one put the item on the AH for.
    That isn't bidding...

Bidding is offering increased amounts over a clearly stated bottom price and whoever offers the most within a certain time frame wins the auction. Being the first person to offer whatever the bottom price is and then no one bidding against you is nothing like an auction.

I'll never understand why so many refer to simple markets as auction houses, nor the blind market that so many seem to love from XI.

I still wish they'd implemented the 1.xx auction house that used to be by the docks. I'd imagined it'd be a real auction house, with bidding wars on items listed by other players or rare items generated by the system every once in a while. Actual auctions can be really fun and they're a social experience where you can get to know others who share your interests and get to learn how they're likely to bid for strategic purposes in the case of rivals. Sadly, Bahamut blew it to smithereens, there's nothing left opposite the ACN guild now

As for our markets, there is currently no weight to the things you put up for sale other than the max number of slots your retainer has (and with some people having 4 retainers, that's 80 slots, plenty of room for lots of things).

I think the 5% tax we have to pay every time we sell something should be applied the moment the item goes up for sale (or perhaps when you dismiss your retainer so you have a chance to cancel/change the sale if you change your mind), thus making us think more about what we put up, for how much, and if we're going to need to lower it. It would discourage 1gil undercutting wars and also discourage people from putting 5gil items up for 10mil just for the sake of it (I see that regularly and don't understand it at all but it is a little annoying if it looks like there's something for sale that you're looking for and it's just a troll).

Tax clarification for those unaware:
    Note, the tax I'm referring to is the tax we all pay when we put things up for sale and they get bought. The buyer may also pay a tax depending on what city they or your retainer may be in but you as the seller must always pay the selling tax of the city your retainer is in. The tax theoretically can change from city to city (I think it's to even out how many retainers are in each and the actual amount of each city's sell tax can be checked with the retainer hiring NPC) but it's usually 5% and is clearly stated at the bottom of the price setting screen of every item you put up for sale. For example, a 100k item will give the seller 95k when it sells (5k goes to tax) while the buyer will pay 100k/105k (5k-10k goes to tax from their end) depending on if they're in the city the retainer is in or not, and the intercity tax doesn't affect what the seller gets either.
    (1)
    Last edited by mbncd; 10-30-2014 at 06:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jet'a Vahn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkendor View Post
    I wish people would check the dates on posts instead of digging up old bones to gnaw on. ._.
    Not like this thread's topic is "expired". The market board is still the same.

At least the guy (girl?) did some thread searching instead of making a thread clone. Kudos for that.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lyote Sharaia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Have you considered you get undercut so hard because you overprice even the smallest of things?
    Vanya was 5 - 10 million at release.
    Arachne gear is 5 - 10 million at 2.4 release.
    people charging 100 - 200k for an i55 NIN wep JUST because its required for NIN Relics.

I hate everyone who plies the MBs for this reason.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pterois Volitans
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylve View Post
    Have you considered you get undercut so hard because you overprice even the smallest of things?
    Vanya was 5 - 10 million at release.
    Arachne gear is 5 - 10 million at 2.4 release.
    people charging 100 - 200k for an i55 NIN wep JUST because its required for NIN Relics.

I hate everyone who plies the MBs for this reason.
    people dont realize this no... they DONT realize the mats cost or other cost (good example is anything that uses coke) and what REALLY happening is you are not getting undercut, it is the MARKET setting the price, kinda like a reverse auction. ( i know the silly undercutting thing happens ) but it is not always this.

I have been trying to sell a HQ vanya hat of healing that my retainer brought back for about a month now... and so has 6-8 others. we started around 250k i think (cant even remember now lol) and i think were down to 80k now. YES we have been undercutting each other this WHOLLLE time but its not brought on by greed but supply and demand. No ones gonna buy whats basically a glam item at that price we started out at so they will lower in price (big and little jumps) until people do think it is worth it. so, on the outside it just looks like undercutting but really its called supply and demand... the basics.
    (2)
    "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast