Player

Emote list ordering

Not sure if this has anything to do with localization, but the emote list seems somewhat chaotic in it's layout... not alphabetized or any other sort option.

Was thinking maybe it is ordered by some other standard in another local, so figured I would mention it.
    (4)

Dev Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    Not sure if this has anything to do with localization, but the emote list seems somewhat chaotic in it's layout... not alphabetized or any other sort option.
    We have made this problem known to the UI team in the past, and they have assured us that they will address it as soon as they are able (across all languages). Unfortunately, I can't provide you with a precise time frame as to when that will be. This thread will remain open, however, so that more and more players can voice their desire to have this change made as soon as possible.

Just remember to throw the alphabetization of the emote list in your prayers to the Twelve every night.
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    From my JP/EN translation thread on what the JP rep responded in the past regarding this add on for your info.

Imo asked why the emote list UI is so badly made; I also posted on this thread suggesting where users can customize the order of emotes, or adding icons to the emotes and being able to put that in action bar since some people like to use it that way also. (yes macro's work too... I know) but anyways Rep responded so here's the translation.

Quote Originally Posted by imo View Post
    せっかく種類たくさんあるのに、縦一列に並んで上下で選択って、かなりありえないUIだと常々感じています。
    Although there are lots to choose from, I cannot believe how the UI is made so the list only shows up as a one column list

大雑把なカテゴリーに分けたり、アナログスティックでグリグリ回して選択したり、よく使うエモートはすぐに選択できるように順番変えたりと、いろいろ工夫の使用があると思います。
    Separating them into categories, or using analog stick to rotate and selecting, or emotes you use often being able to use faster/easier, changing order. I think there are better way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxclon View Post
    こんにちは。
    Hello,

エモートリストのソートや、それとは別に自分自身で並び順を自由に変えられるようにしてほしいというご意見を開発チームに伝えてきました。
    Brought up the suggestion you all had to the dev to see if they can add emote list sorting, or be able to arrange the list in any order you want.

エ モートリストはクラスやプレイヤーの性別など人それぞれよく使うエモートが違うので、自由にカスタマイズできる方向性で対応を検討しています。ただしUI として実装するのには時間がかかってしまいますので、しばらくの間はテキストコマンドですばやくエモートが行えるよう、短縮コマンドの追加を実装すること で対応したいと思います。
    We are currently looking into this so it's freely customizable as everyone uses different emotes depending on the class, player, gender. But to add it as a UI will take some time, so for the time being we are planning to add shorter text commands so you can use the emotes faster.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lienn Deleene
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    People is so amazed with localization team's hard work they even putting not related topics here! ^^:

And at same time Bay stopped posting...i guess the morbol was intimidated by the wave of posts from localization team! I guess he''s afraid of us asking replies in the same speed you guys offer (which might happen anyway)...

And its completely off-topic but...is localization team in Japan? You guys usually post at most odd time periods for someone in US.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiros Forsa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    they are in japan while bay is not so they get info quicker than bay can give bay a break...
    (0)
    Xeto Milanti Bei

Player
    Character
    Emmalynn Tsukiko
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Give Bay a Break.
    Give him a KitKat - Morbol Nommie Flavour
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Be sure to avoid the flaming arrow flavour.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Naylia Petrova
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    mmm... customizable emote list order... tasty... nom nom
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lienn Deleene
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Bay knows i love him! ^^ And he knows i apreciate alot the hard work all community reps are doing here...but i can't be helped! I like picking on people! =P
    (1)