Thread: Dialogue box

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53

Dialogue box

I originally made a thread for this problem here.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...not-re-sizable.

Same issue as before, but someone in that thread posted a "solution" and the thread got automatically moved to that forum where I can't respond to say that the solution doesn't work at all. The dialogue box in question can not be clicked on as clicking it causes it to go away or proceed to the next dialogue box. I can not select it, and I can not hit control + home on it. It is not on the UI screen either. I just tried this a few moments ago in game and it definitely didn't work. So this is not a resolved problem at all. Can I please get some support here? It's difficult to read these on a large tv in high resolution.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tiggy; 04-05-2014 at 06:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Until SE revamps that portion of the UI, your only work-around may be to use the chat logs as I posted in that thread... should be in your Event log by default, but you can toggle the filter for NPC Dialogue on any of your other chat logs if you want.

May want to submit your request via feedback at the portal, or maybe in the General section (not sure if it would qualify for a bug report posting) to see if you can bend SE's ear more on the matter, as this is a user-to-user sandbox and least likely to get the attention of the Dev Team (this was not intended to be used for requesting support from SE, it's for users to discuss solutions--it's detailed in the sticky welcoming you to the forum).
    (1)

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    Thanks Raist. The event log has been my ultimate backup plan for a while now. Especially since I can control the font size. Hopefully square will add this to the the list of size modifiable elements soon.
    (2)

Player
    I am having a hard time reading the dialog box as well. Is there a way to increase the font. I have it set to 20 it doesn't seem to have increase the font at all. I have the general tab open.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Patron Zohar
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 81
    I similarly can't understand why the NPC dialogue boxes refuse to scale alongside the rest of the UI. They're at the very edge of readability, and the event log "solution" doesn't really work in proper cutscenes where the box isn't even visible. Apparently it's like this on PS4 as well? (I'm on PC). What a glaring oversight.

Also, I tried submitting feedback through the portal, and it told me to post here instead.
    (1)

Player
    I was able to read the ps3 dialog box/chat box and that was set at 20 and on the PS 4 it's set at 20 and the font is still small.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nico Nico
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    FYI - PS4 dialogue box is too large, for example, the dialogue box comes up in primals battle, covers too much display area.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Salty Fat
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 18
    Any update on this? I have the same exact problem when playing the PC version on my 42' TV. I bought a PS4 just to test it out and confirmed no issues on the PS4 with the 42' TV. Why are PC gamers being punished for wanting to play on a TV instead of a monitor?
    (0)