(1)

Player
    Character
    Levi'tan Zeiju
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Been boosting my seed amounts lately, so the only interesting plot I have this time around is:

(3)

Player
    Character
    Honey Hole
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 2
    For Mimett Gourd x Glazenut, I'm 5/7 on ThavOnions atm. Previous batch was 4/4 Onion, this batch was 1/3 Onion, 2/3 Apricot.

Apricots, while unexpected, at least are still useful for keeping the Glazenut loops running.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alisette Dumont
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    0. The Plan
    1. Step 1

Forgot to post but the almonds were ready two days ago.
    I clearly jinxed it by saying I only needed one more sylkis bud, because that is exactly what I got: 3 mandrakes and 1 sylkis.

The 4 Sylkis have been planted next to the broombush and they should be ready tomorrow *prays for onions*.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    La La'
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramastuh View Post
    All crossings below are the "HQ" crossbreeds from Patch 2.3:
    Great post - thanks for keeping it up to date. May I have a small suggestion? It would be nice to also mention for each crosbreed the alternative outcomes so when deciding which combination to use we can choose the one with more "usefull" result.

Also - so far I've not seen (unless I've missed that here) the combination for producing the Krakka Root seeds - is the only option to purchase those at Housing NPC? It's becoming fairly costly at 3480 each ... I know it's still less than 200 per one Krakka root produced but it's slowly eating away the gil

Just to put it a bit into "perspective":

To level up your chocobo using only krakka root one full leve will cost you between 20 - 40k (and that's not counting cost of the brooms - at least one is needed per each full level and that's only if you'd level 24/7 and using the the other FC member to level your chocobo as well otherwise it would be at least 2 to 3 brooms per one full level), so 10 levels is 200 - 400k and full 20 levels will be between 400 and 800k depending on ratio of 18 / 9 roots produced from each seed. Let's say (realistically) that you'd first level your companion to at least level 5 using the normal leveling it's still 300 to 600k to get it to lvl20 (e.g. worh one or two personal rooms) Costly? And indeed you need to add also cost of 10 (or 9 only?) Thavnarian Onions if you want to go beyond lvl 10.

If you'd add on top of that couple more hundred thousans of gill for cost of brooms and Onions (either for purchasing them if you don't grow / craft your own or for not selling them instead) you're easilly looking at 1 to 1.5 mill gil at least for one fully trained / leveled up chocobo. Don't we all love our (still only) yellow furry friends?
    (1)
    Last edited by HEC-; 08-05-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Alisette Dumont
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by HEC- View Post
    Also - so far I've not seen (unless I've missed that here) the combination for producing the Krakka Root seeds - is the only option to purchase those at Housing NPC? It's becoming fairly costly at 3480 each ... I know it's still less than 200 per one Krakka root produced but it's slowly eating away the gil
    I was hoping to find a combination for them as well.

For now I have just asked FC members to donate 1 or 2 seeds every once in a while.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rihael Eden
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    If there is a way to grow them, it'd probably be from Gysahl seeds. Crossed against something really small.
    I tried Gysahl + Almond a while back and got a Sylkis out of it, which is the same result as Krakka + Almond. Haven't been sure what to think of that.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    M'kael Jin
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 3
    Quote Originally Posted by synesthetic View Post
    The seeds.. will probably be the finest pedigree of gysahl greens ever.. /cry
    At least my chocobo can't complain now.

Quote Originally Posted by scarebearz View Post
    Gratz on the Gyshal Greens Seeds xD
    Thank you. ^^

Replanted with honey lemon because why not?
    We should probably keep track of what has been tried with Thav. Onions too, just so people don't repeat failed crosses. So far, I think we have

Thav. Onion + Krakka = Gysahl
    Thav. Onion + Sylkis = Gysahl
    Thav. Onion + Gysahl = Gysahl
    Thav. Onion + Almond = Mandrake
    Thav. Onion + Apricot = Sylkis
    Thav. Onion + Mandrake = Mimett
    (2)
    Last edited by Lyrinn; 08-05-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rakhmen Nare'mornie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 31
    Quote Originally Posted by HEC- View Post

Just to put it a bit into "perspective":
    [...] you're easilly looking at 1 to 1.5 mill gil at least for one fully trained / leveled up chocobo.
    But your calculatins are pretty optimistic.
    on rank 4, the chocobo needs 130k exp and gets 2.5k exp in a clean stable (1.9k in a dirty one) -> between 60 and 80 roots for rank 5
    on rank 5, the chocobo needs 250k exp and gets 3.2k exp in a clean stable (2.6k in a dirty one) -> between 80 and 100 roots for rank 6
    on rank 6, the chocobo needs 490k exp and gets 3.9k exp in a clean stable (didn't try in dirty yet) -> at least 130 roots for rank 7
    also you're optimistic about the onion price.
    On my server one onion seed goes for 2 mil+ dunno how much the onion itself will cost, there's a 2.5mil in market, but no one bought it yet.
    of course producing it from scratch is a lot cheaper but that takes about a month in time.
    even if they drop to around 300k in due tme you'll still be at 3 mil for the onions alone
    (0)
    - "You take care of yourself,ya?"
    - "So you can punch me more?"
    - "Lots 'n lots more!"

Player
    Character
    Edhe'li Merwyn
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    I've been trying to keep a list, so far I think it's been;

Mandrake + Than Onion = Mimett Gourd
    Almond + Than Onion = Mandrake
    Apricot + Than Onion = Sylkis Bud
    Krakka + Than Onion = Gysahl
    Sylkis + Than Onion = Gysahl

ETA: It may be worth retrying them if only because the chocobo greens intercross rate is so 50/50 so these all may have alternate harvests and people have just been unlucky.
    (0)

Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast