Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90

Paladin Alexandrite Question

Can somebody please confirm that they are receiving alexandrite from fates while equipping the novus shield. I just want to know that it is possible before I continue on.

Been using animus sword with novus shield for a while, but receiving no alexandrite after spending entire days doing nothing but fates.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sora Kurokawa
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Well, you should receive it also with shield (beside you have an Animus weapon) but you have to think alexandrite farm have teh drop equal of atma (or maybe more low but I'm not sure fo this) also me with Gae Bolg Animus tryed to do farming but in 1 day no result...So I opted for Roulette, cause it's too much painfull on fates
    (0)
    -The next Act open-
    "On that land shall darkness prevail and light expire...but you didn't knew that right ?"

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I know it should work in theory but I haven't found confirmation yet from anyone who has actually gotten a drop while using the upgraded shield. Would be nice to know 100% there isn't a glitch or oversight preventing it - then I will keep doing fates as much as I can.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    A'lyhhia Tahz
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    The devs are working to fix the situation where you upgrade the Sword first and cannot get Alexandrite from FATEs with just the Animus Shield equipped.

For Atmas, only the main hand weapon counted. The shield didn't. I think it's safe to assume the same here. As long as your sword is still Animus, you're probably fine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    After about 250 fates without a drop, I took off my novus shield to test it and got a drop after about 15 fates. It still doesn't prove anything, I was probably just unlucky, but it still made me curious. Thanks for the replies anyway, I will keep going without the novus just in case.
    (0)