Character
    Aarzak Rskalas
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 27

SCH and WHM quick questions

Hello, I have some noobish but at least quick questions:
    1. Does Divine Seal's bonus apply only to straight healing or also to HoT like Regen?
    2. How do you handle pets on SCH? When you're doing easy content you don't really need anything specific. It's easy stuff, so you can just leave pets in Sic mode. But for harder content (which I haven't tried yet) I get the feeling you're gonna need to put them in Obey mode and use their single target and multitarget heals on command. Is my hunch right? If so, how do you handle it? Macros? Something else? It's not really a big deal for the Fey buffs, but I feel like Embrace and Whispering Dawn have to be used in a smarter way in hard content.
    3. Is it allright to use Energy Drain to restore my MP, or should I save Aetherflow charges for Lustrate?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aarzak Rskalas
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 27
    And also 2 more
    • For easy content I'm mostly letting the pet handle majority of heals with me doing something here and there, and I spend my time helping DDs DPSing with debuffs and dots. Am I doing it wrong? But seriously, there's so little to heal that if I didn't do this I would be left majority of time standing around doing nothing.
    • Bad question withl likely no answer but I'm gonna ask anyway. Is 1 INT important for SMN as 1 MND is for SCH? Or is there a different ratio/tiers for the 2 stats for these 2 jobs? Asking 'cause I like both jobs and I really don't know how to spend my points...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Iggi Wunohwun
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsalvato View Post
    Hello, I have some noobish but at least quick questions:
    1. Does Divine Seal's bonus apply only to straight healing or also to HoT like Regen?
    Yes it applies to all healing spells, including (but not limited to), Medica 2 and Regen HoT effects.

Sadly I can't answer your other questions about SCH, while mine is 50, I'm not nearly as experienced with healing on it, so I'll let some one else handle those questions for ya.
    (1)
    It's not that I forget, it's just that I don't care.

Player
    Character
    Tandy Thorne
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    With the pets, if your doing "Easy Mode" content, and just want to leave pet in Sic mode...use Selene. She is great in that mode, using her buffs as they come around and healing when someone gets low.

When you get to harder stuff, I usually use Eos and I manage her heals myself. Hotkey Embrace on a mouseover/your target macro and treat it like its YOUR heal - just off the GCD. Its great when casting a heal on the tank to mouseover a DPS and top them off with it, or hit it while your shielding tank for extra healing.

Always use Whispering Dawn with rouse. They share a cooldown, and if you need the HoT better to make it heal for more, and embrace will get a boost for a bit of time too.

Energy Drain vs Lustrate is always tricky, but it boils down to how every minute of the fight goes. If your near to Aetherflow being back up (10 to 15 seconds or so), its ok to me to burn one or two charges to get some MP back if you still have 3 charges, saving one for emergency use, and burn it off on MP before recast if no one needs a big heal. Always use the charges up every minute, cause its a waste not to.

I never use a charge for MP when its got more than 40 seconds on recast unless I am empty, just cause you dont know when that Lustrate will be needed. Sacred Soil is a bit easier to plan for, since most times you know when and if you need it in each fight.

As far as Int Vs Mnd for points...if your serious about scholar in higher tier content put em in mind. If you play summoner and want to DPS in high tier content, put them in Int. I know it might not be ideal, but 30 mind lowers your heals a bit....but 30 int lowers your damage and in higher tier content when your pushing DPS that can matter more than a few points on heals. If you only DPS in "easier" content like 4 man instances I would just go with mind though, in there your not likely to notice a difference.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aarzak Rskalas
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 27
    Omg so many useful replies, I got a lot to be working on! Thank you both so very much!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Delferia Seule
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    An important note about divine seal,it affects HoT potency based on the initial cast. In other words, when divine seal runs out, your regen will continue to tick for 30% extra. Likewise, popping divine seal with regen up will have no effect until you cast regen again. You also can't refresh a divine seal regen with a regular regen, because the game won't override a stronger effect. Wait until regen runs out to cast it again.

Energy drain is situational. If you have to cast adloquium after using energy drain, you are losing all of the mp you gained back and then some. Using lustrate and physick instead heals the tank for more at a lower mp cost. If your tanks are healthy and aetherflow is up, there is no reason not to energy drain to top off your mp.

As for fairy abilities, I would recommend weaning yourself off of auto on any dungeon if you plan on doing harder content. Having full control of your fairies is invaluable. I have a hotbar with all pet abilities for both fairies that I swap to whenever am ability is required. Try microing Selene's buffs while healing a level 40+ dungeon. The need to constantly pay attention to your fairy for buffs will help tune you to think about cooldowns, and get you used to how your pet responds to commands without firing off high impact abilities.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Euphe Liefe
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Try these macros out you may like them:

*Fused Physick*
    /ac "Physick" <t>
    /pac "Embrace" <t>

*Fused Succor*
    /ac "Succor"
    /pac "Whispering Dawn"

When I play on my SCH I use these as extra heals for those hard hitting moments. The boosted Physick acts like a WHM's Cure II and the boosted Succor is similar in function to a WHM's Medica II. I figured; "If a WHM can have boss heals I'll just make my own on my SCH!"; and that's exactly how these abilities perform. You won't need to use up Lustrates unless absolutely necessary if you cast Physick + Embrace at the same time AND Embrace GCD seems a tiny bit faster than your Physick's (especially if cast first in line) which means it's spammable! It has twice the chance to crit over a WHM's Cure II since it's coming from two sources and costs less to boot! As for Fused Succor it will have a slight CD but you will essentially have Medica II plus a shield (SAAAY WHAAAT!?)!!! By macroing your fairies abilities you will have to do less micro-managing and be open to focus primarily on healing/DD. There's other combos of abilities that you can macro together that also work. Think mitigation and heal boosting (that's a hint btw)... lol. Good luck out there!
    (0)
    Last edited by Euphe; 04-01-2014 at 12:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aldo Von'alexandros
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    /ac "Succor"
    /pac "Fey Covenant"

/ac "Rouse"
    /pac "Whispering Dawn"

U can add fey illumination before wd for stronger heals
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alex Pokute
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsalvato View Post
    • Bad question withl likely no answer but I'm gonna ask anyway. Is 1 INT important for SMN as 1 MND is for SCH? Or is there a different ratio/tiers for the 2 stats for these 2 jobs? Asking 'cause I like both jobs and I really don't know how to spend my points...
    Scholar spells have higher potency, also when you enter CS having less mind makes your damage weaker. But SMN will benefit from mind because you will often heal in solo or when healer dies in team.
    Also, do you like 1-2 min or 20-30 min queues? I play SMN in solo for tribe dailies and fates, but do instances only as SCH (i have seen 2-3 SMN in inst so far because probably noone likes long queues). In solo 30 mind/int would not matter.
    But it is a little cosmetic choice we are allowed to make as it does gimp your character, so some may put it into vitality or even piety lol.

The macro which has been told a lot before, but is worth repeating:
    Code:
    /pac "Embrace" <mo>
    Heals a remote person (outside of fairy auto heal range) which saves you from running after them.
    Also if you macro a spell that has a cooldown or high mana cost - it is useful to use
    Code:
    /macroicon "Spell Name"
    to see cooldown and mana cost (unfortunately does not work for pet actions).
    (0)
    Last edited by lxSch; 04-01-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    For the love of god, I cannot stress how important it is for you to practice using Eos on Obey. She will blow her AOE regen whenever a single person is under something like 80% HP and makes adds a nightmare in a couple of fights, as she grabs hate really easily from it and can screw up with positioning which is extremely important in a lot of fights.

I should also remind you to never use Medica II if you are expecting adds for the same reason. It's an amazing spell but you have to be very careful with it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast