Player
    Character
    Nova Dragon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Exitusworld View Post
    still doesnt make it any less bitter when your FC mates are all getting theirs in decent time while your still just trying to get the 1.
    You wouldn't be here complaining to SE if it dropped pretty well for you. FATE is part of the game, so it's content. I'm actually making some good money gathering all these seals and using for 2 star items. Craft them to the HQ item, sell them for good gil. You can get pretty rich playing it that way.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kakita Ucalibur
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Exitusworld View Post
    whats worse is the area is central la noscea...Sorry i mean middle la noscea and highest lvl fates are like 15 so i get crap for seals and dont even make enough gil to cover gear repair costs with 20% FC buff.
    Central Thanalan is just as bad/possibly worse: fewer FATEs with most being ~9th level over a larger area.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Black Lily
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Even though RNG does suck, here is a bit of probability.

To find out approximately how many FATEs you would have to do in order to be guaranteed an Atma (assuming the drop rate is 1%), first you have to find out the percentage chance of you NOT getting an Atma.

For example if you do 100 FATEs, the odds of you not getting an Atma is 0.99 (99%)^100 (or the number of FATEs attempted). This gives you 0.366. or a 36.6% chance of you not getting an Atma in the first 100 FATEs, or a 1 in 3 chance.

In order to reduce this chance of not getting an Atma close to 0, you would have to do 475 FATEs approximately per region to essentially be guaranteed an Atma (0.99^475 = 0.0084 or 0.8% chance). I certainly hope NO one is that unlucky to fall within that 0.8% chance, but if you guys want a basic number of FATEs you have to do, it will be 99.2% certain to be no more than 475 FATEs per region, or 5700 FATEs overall for all 12.

Now whether all that grinding is worth it is up to you.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Calyanare Vendaurel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Undeadfire View Post
    The choices are work hard for your gear or obtain it so easily.
    Nobody's asking for it to be easy, we just want the RNG removed or mitigated a bit so that anyone can complete it in about the same amount of time, with about the same amount of effort. You seriously think that your 12 hours to get one drop vs. someone else's 12 hours to get 12 drops is okay? If you ask me, those lucky people got theirs way too easily and didn't have to work enough, while at least an equal amount of people are having to work 10x more, which is way too much. There is a middle ground, I just wish they'd given it to us.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Rosi Posi
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    What they SHOULD have done, is to make the first part of the quest, not the soul destroying fates, but a book like the 2nd part.

Do a quest line, get a book with a list of stuff to do which then leads you on to the 9 other books. No RNG, no frustration, lots of new stuff to do...win win situation.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nova Dragon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Calyanare View Post
    Nobody's asking for it to be easy, we just want the RNG removed or mitigated a bit so that anyone can complete it in about the same amount of time, with about the same amount of effort. You seriously think that your 12 hours to get one drop vs. someone else's 12 hours to get 12 drops is okay? If you ask me, those lucky people got theirs way too easily and didn't have to work enough, while at least an equal amount of people are having to work 10x more, which is way too much. There is a middle ground, I just wish they'd given it to us.
    That's the whole point of it, SE doesn't want you to have it easy.
    (0)
    Gae Bolg Animus 18/04/2014

Player
    Character
    Calyanare Vendaurel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    That's the whole point of it, SE doesn't want you to have it easy.
    Then nobody else should, either.

It's like you didn't even read what I said.

The way it is now, people DO have it easy (like YOU for example) while others get shafted. This should be time consuming for EVERYONE, not just people who happen to be unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycos View Post
    This is a game and why does everyone want the best gear on DAY1. Work for it people.
    This guy doesn't read either. SMH.

SE doesn't want you to spend your life on trying to get Atmas.
    Says someone who already got theirs, in a reasonable amount of time. I give up trying to reason with selfish people who don't care about anyone but themselves.
    (11)
    Last edited by Calyanare; 04-03-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Halland Oates
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 37
    I like that they added the RNG for these items. Gives me something to do while none of my friends are online. It also gives me a happy feeling of acomplishment when i get an Atma. I am trying to get around 1 per day, and i am @ 4/12 so far. Before the last update, i had my ilvl90 and was geting bored. Now, there is plunty to do and i am not in a rush to get max gear. This is a game and why does everyone want the best gear on DAY1. Work for it people.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nova Dragon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Calyanare View Post
    Then nobody else should, either.

The way it is now, people DO have it easy while others get shafted. This should be time consuming for EVERYONE, not just people who happen to be unlucky.
    Others are always going to get shafted, no matter what it is.... So far SE has replied nothing on doing anything, no point complaining to something that isn't even the best yet. SE doesn't want you to spend your life on trying to get Atmas. there is turn 6-9 which has the greatest weapon. You could be going there, instead of whining on the forums because of Atma drop rate. The next upgrade doesn't even come out till May... Likely won't even beat the High Allagan till 3.0 upgrade release in June...

You can get content that ends in a month or last enough for 3 months, deal with it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Undeadfire; 04-03-2014 at 08:54 PM.
    Gae Bolg Animus 18/04/2014

Player
    Character
    Morphiana Blackheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    So why don't we discuss some ideas on how this can be solved? Here are some ideas just at random, some of which have been mentioned:

Idea: Have a base drop rate. This drop rate increases over time / fates done in the same area.
    Example: You've been farming an atma in Central Thanalan for 2 hours or you've done over 50 fates in the same area. The drop rate will then go up 1-2% every following hour or every 10 fates there after.
    Why this idea? It creates a system where people feel like they have control over the situation.

Idea: Let people farm them on their alts once they've activated the quest.
    Why this idea? It allows people to feel as though they're not wasting their time entirely. It allows them to progress in other avenues, to get joy out of their time. Most importantly, you feel as though you've progressed in some area after grinding for 4-5 hours instead of feeling like you've wasted your time.

What are other ideas people have?
    (6)

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast