Thread: atma drop rates

Player
    Character
    Nova Dragon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    SE doesn't seem to change their stance anyway... The best point of Atmas from Reddit.

Besides, we got till Late April or Early May before we even see the next upgrade. There are other content that's more worth your time. Do FATEs in your free time then spending every game day trying to get Atmas, there's no rush....
    (0)
    Last edited by Undeadfire; 04-05-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    Gae Bolg Animus 18/04/2014

Player
    Character
    Orson Dara
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Undeadfire View Post
    SE doesn't seem to change their stance anyway... The best point of Atmas from Reddit.

Besides, we got till Late April or Early May before we even see the next upgrade. There are other content that's more worth your time. Do FATEs in your free time then spending every game day trying to get Atmas, there's no rush....
    You don't understand the books are the grind. The initial atmas are just there to screw a big chunk of people with bad RNG. If you don't get lucky then you may not even be done the atma's by the time the next patch comes out. People who think this is acceptable are either lucky or have literally nothing better to do than just doing the most boring, unengaging content ever.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nova Dragon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Orson_Dara View Post
    People who think this is acceptable are either lucky or have literally nothing better to do than just doing the most boring, unengaging content ever.
    Max levels, no one on FC, Coil events done.... Riggghhttt.....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orson Dara
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Max levels, no one on FC, Coil events done.... Riggghhttt.....
    So you're lucky? Regardless most people would rather being doing content that is actually fun. Not getting screwed by a bad RNG. You can't justify this as content it's just rehashing the leveling process in the worst possible way. Let me ask you this when are you going to start doing your second job or your third? Also what positive is there to have it where some people do it for 6 hrs and get all of them and then others go 6 hrs getting none? Please enlighten me as to why this is a good system? Some far every proponent of this has either gotten lucky on drops and basically said, "it's not that bad, you can just do it when you're bored out of your mind and have nothing better to do."

You know what I have better to do? Play a different game that actually is fun.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nova Dragon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Never claimed it was a good system.... SE has decided this, nothing you can do about it. I just have a lot of free time in my life and playing this.

I dedicated and yes I did actually get quite lucky on the Atmas after my 1st dropped. All night and grind a pack of hours to finally get my 1st Atma. This isn't the worst thing SE has done in a MMO, unless you wish for me to mention the Mythc Weapons in 11.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nova Dresden
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 73
    Quote Originally Posted by Nateh View Post
    Math
    That applies over a large sample group over time. However the drops are on a FATE by FATE basis. If it is a 1% drop rate per FATE, then every FATE you have 99% chance of getting nothing. Statistically someone can perpetually run FATEs endlessly and never receive an ATMA because each time they have a 99% chance of receiving nothing. You can improve your odds by running more FATEs (similar to improving your odds at winning the lottery by buying more tickets), but there is a distinct possibility that someone out there will never receive one Atma. This is why every drop-based RNG has a failsafe built into it or is increased over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    What they SHOULD have done, is to make the first part of the quest
    I'd have rather "Up In Arms" have been this as a one-time farm for all of them. Then individual weapons be the Myth/book grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Orson_Dara View Post
    You know what I have better to do? Play a different game that actually is fun.
    This may be the only thing to actually get a change on this.

This isn't the worst thing SE has done in a MMO, unless you wish for me to mention the Mythc Weapons in 11.
    Just because something was done in the past doesn't make it OK to do again. The MMO market is saturated and there are many games to play besides this one. There are actually competitive games out against this one, Elder Scrolls launched, 2 new systems just released with new games, and there are still the older games holding on. Once this stops being fun there are options, and that's what kills an MMO now. This isn't fun, it won't end well.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Raseri Aryohcha
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NintenPyjak64 View Post
    Nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to get your atma.

I haven't even started getting any Atmas and I think this system is awesome. It's actually making you WORK for your high level gear

I think you are mistaking "work" with "spending time", they are not the same. This is a tedious consumption of time with which we as players have no control over. I guess the players who got lucky and managed to snag an atma within 30 minutes in each zone worked a lot harder than the people spending 5 hours+ in each zone for atmas.

Now if there was a defined limit where we could see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel, I'm sure people would be more receptive to this. (doing 50 fates in each zone for example) This however, is completely reliant on a dated RNG system that really just needs to die off.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Morphiana Blackheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    SE absolutely does change their stance when players speak out thus ARR's current form. Yoshi listened very closely and vowed to continue doing so. Content like this will continue to come out so long as we, the players don't say anything about it being awful. If we don't speak up, then by the time they realize they're losing subs for this reason it'll have already been too late.

Furthermore, you're referencing one guy's opinion on Reddit which is a forum for discussion similar to what we're doing now. In fact, most people in that discussion disagree with the current Atma system as well.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nova Dragon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphiana View Post
    SE absolutely does change their stance when players speak out thus ARR's current form. Yoshi listened very closely and vowed to continue doing so. Content like this will continue to come out so long as we, the players don't say anything about it being awful. If we don't speak up, then by the time they realize they're losing subs for this reason it'll have already been too late.

Furthermore, you're referencing one guy's opinion on Reddit which is a forum for discussion similar to what we're doing now. In fact, most people in that discussion disagree with the current Atma system as well.
    Well bye then, good talking to ya if whoever quits. Since people got the idea they can complain anything since they pay, that's all latest community does...

If you're going to quit because of the Atma system, you have some serious minority issues. If the weapons turn out better than High Allagan. Those people don't even belong here to complain about some system. Lets give everyone the ultimate weapon that takes a lot less work than the High Allagan!
    (0)
    Last edited by Undeadfire; 04-05-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Player
    Character
    Raseri Aryohcha
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Well bye then, good talking to ya if whoever quits. Since people got the idea they can complain anything since they pay, that's all latest community does...

If you're going to quit because of the Atma system, you have some serious minority issues. If the weapons turn out better than High Allagan. Those people don't even belong here to complain about some system. Lets give everyone the ultimate weapon that takes a lot less work than the High Allagan!
    WORK =/= TIME SPENT
    (2)

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast