Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphiana View Post
    Idea: Let people farm them on their alts once they've activated the quest.
    Why this idea? It allows people to feel as though they're not wasting their time entirely. It allows them to progress in other avenues, to get joy out of their time. Most importantly, you feel as though you've progressed in some area after grinding for 4-5 hours instead of feeling like you've wasted your time.
    It should work like this IMO. That way at least the XP from the FATE isn't going to waste and just getting the quest in the first place is proof enough you have a Zenith weapon.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Reoin Phoenix
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
    The atma fate system is fine. Like stated previously you can get a weather weapon or get the tidal weapon if u want something quick. If there is no challenge its no fun. i grinding fates for 12 hours and got all 12.
    This is probably the worst comment for an argument I have ever seen regarding atmas. YOU got lucky and farmed it in 12 hours so you think some people spending days is ok? lol. This is zero challenge at all, it is simple low level busy work to waste your time. I honestly fell asleep the first day doing it because it was so boring. People complained about fates before and asked for dungeon exp because a lot of the community do not like fates, including myself.

There is a HUGE difference between a grind and a mindless waste of time.

Fates - doing level 3-10 fates for a atma at end game level/equip = mindless waste of time

FARMING 13000+ myth in level 50+ dungeons = GRINDING END GAME CONTENT

I have no problem farming the myth, but the fates are just plain retarded and a horrid idea/droprate for many people making it unfun and please don't tell me its a challenge, its not. Its a challenge to see how long you can stay awake at your keyboard.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Reoin Phoenix
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Undeadfire View Post
    Others are always going to get shafted, no matter what it is.... So far SE has replied nothing on doing anything, no point complaining to something that isn't even the best yet. SE doesn't want you to spend your life on trying to get Atmas. there is turn 6-9 which has the greatest weapon. You could be going there, instead of whining on the forums because of Atma drop rate. The next upgrade doesn't even come out till May... Likely won't even beat the High Allagan till 3.0 upgrade release in June...

You can get content that ends in a month or last enough for 3 months, deal with it.
    Such a dumb post your pushing back because you got your atmas easily and other don't so you think its ok? so stupid. Please its a mindless grind, not a end game grind.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Exitusworld View Post
    Snip
    It took me a little bit of research to find out the SMN Atma and the Animus don't give me the stats I want (and if upgrades continue in the same path, I'll never want a SMN relic past Zenith) which I can easily get from Leviathan book and the Book of Spades. When I start gearing up WHM with i100 crap, THEN I'll be farming Atmas, as to which really I don't care about the drop rate. I'll just set up a movie, listen to music while I farm, BS around with friends in Teamspeak, but I'll state again...

NOBODY IS HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD FORCING YOU TO GET YOUR ATMA. THERE'S ALTERNATIVES. If you don't like the grind, quit bitching and don't do it...
    (0)
    Last edited by NintenPyjak64; 04-04-2014 at 06:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Reoin Phoenix
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NintenPyjak64 View Post
    It took me a little bit of research to find out the SMN Atma and the Animus don't give me the stats I want (and if upgrades continue in the same path, I'll never want a SMN relic past Zenith) which I can easily get from Leviathan book and the Book of Spades. When I start gearing up WHM with i100 crap, THEN I'll be farming Atmas, as to which really I don't care about the drop rate. I'll just set up a movie, listen to music while I farm, BS around with friends in Teamspeak, but I'll state again...

NOBODY IS HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD FORCING YOU TO GET YOUR ATMA. THERE'S ALTERNATIVES. If you don't like the grind, quit bitching and don't do it...
    LOL, take the nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to get your atma line from how many other threads? THE RELIC IS A MAIN PART OF THE GAME
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Nova Dragon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reoin05 View Post
    Such a dumb post your pushing back because you got your atmas easily and other don't so you think its ok? so stupid. Please its a mindless grind, not a end game grind.
    You can deny as much as you want, it's content. Same would be to you, people only complain because it's not going their way. It's like, I'm talking to people that think they're entitled to have something. Even if it's luck based, you're still working for it. You can call my post dumb or deny, but the fact is that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kenshin Masayoshi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    why not post what fates you got the atma in and in which area it was found in. instead of Fate grinding 24/7. I found the atma of the archer in a Ziz fate in North Shroud
    (0)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    You can deny as much as you want, it's content. Same would be to you, people only complain because it's not going their way. It's like, I'm talking to people that think they're entitled to have something. Even if it's luck based, you're still working for it. You can call my post dumb or deny, but the fact is that.
    But it's not really work. You're rolling the dice. There's no work or skill involved at all. Being at the right place at the right time and hoping the RNG gods give you the drop you need doesn't reward anyone except those who just got lucky to snag it.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Nova Dragon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesSaintboroguh View Post
    But it's not really work. You're rolling the dice. There's no work or skill involved at all. Being at the right place at the right time and hoping the RNG gods give you the drop you need doesn't reward anyone except those who just got lucky to snag it.
    Trying to get something is working on. You're working for a Atma to to drop for you, luck always going to be involved with all loots.
    (0)
    Gae Bolg Animus 18/04/2014

Player
    Character
    Morphiana Blackheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NintenPyjak64 View Post
    NOBODY IS HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD FORCING YOU TO GET YOUR ATMA. THERE'S ALTERNATIVES.
    If your defense is "there are alternatives" then you may as well come out and admit this content is not fun, requires no skill, and is a waste of time in its current state. Content should be challenging or interesting, not tedious and work. People often mistake "work" in an MMO for challenging. Content should be challenging, interesting, or a combination of both. It's a game first and foremost.

You can deny as much as you want, it's content.
    No one is denying it is content. It's just bad content. Lets be honest, WoW's Throne of Thunder's Lightning Forge was a much better idea then whatever this "content" is supposed to be. It was challenging, it had story, it was interesting, it gave players the ability to see progress similar to the primal fights for A Relic Reborn.
    (6)

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast