Thread: atma drop rates

Player
    Character
    Cuz Art
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I've been considering a potential alleviation to potentially bad RNG involving drop rates. Have atmas for sale for 50k GC seals. If you've farmed enough FATEs to cap GC seals, it'll allow you to buy a pity atma for the time spent
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnia View Post
    They won't make ATMA changes, I'm sure. Its not fair to all those who have already finished that phase. They didn't change things in FFXI, and you shouldn't hope that they would do it here. Its a RELIC Weapon, and you DO have other options (Alternative Weapons). Relics in FFXI takes much longer, and is not intended to be a rush.
    First, let me refer you to this topic here, and say that there is an unfortunate and rather upsetting downside to choosing the "alternatives", even knowing they're destined to always be inferior to the Relic. The sad truth is, as it stands, even if you choose an alternative (upgradeable or not), you will always have to replace it, and it will ALWAYS be second best to the Relic, even Coil/endgame raid weapons (as Nexus temporarily proves thus far.) So in the end, Zodiac Saga IS your only actual choice. . . Please look forward to it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dianne Zelphar
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post
    even if you choose an alternative (upgradeable or not), you will always have to replace it, and it will ALWAYS be second best to the Relic, even Coil/endgame raid weapons (as Nexus temporarily proves thus far.) So in the end, Zodiac Saga IS your only actual choice
    I think the weapons obtained from Binding Coil endgame raids should be the superior item, they require significant skill and an amazing party to obtain.
    The relic stuff just requires lots of time and luck.

When I see someone holding a High Allagan weapon, I really respect them, they've done the big fights.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mia Shishido
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    You mean a person is voicing their opinion on ATMA weapons? Alert the media!

But seriously, Relic is basically a cosmetic thing, you can items with same stats other ways.
    (0)
    Thou who art Undead art chosen. In thine exodus from the Undead Asylum, maketh pilgrimage to the lands of Ancient Lords.
    When thou ringeth the Bell of Awakening, the fate of the Undead thou shalt know.

Player
    Character
    Chris Box
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Xephenon View Post
    You mean a person is voicing their opinion on ATMA weapons? Alert the media!

But seriously, Relic is basically a cosmetic thing, you can items with same stats other ways.
    I usually don't touch this atma thread, but this is flatout incorrect. As of right now 2.3 nexus is best in slot. I'm sure it won't be in 2.4, but when they introduce a new relic stage in 2.5 it will be best in slot. That's a little more than a "cosmetic" thing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Flo Fyloord
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisbox View Post
    I usually don't touch this atma thread, but this is flatout incorrect. As of right now 2.3 nexus is best in slot. I'm sure it won't be in 2.4, but when they introduce a new relic stage in 2.5 it will be best in slot. That's a little more than a "cosmetic" thing.
    Keep in the context of the relic not being BiS until nexus, which was only introduced at 2.38 with 2.4 on the horizon. By the time final coil rolls out, it probably won't be, and we won't expect another upgrade to the step until late into 2.4 if trends are to follow.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Zafyr87 View Post
    I'm going to be crazy Atmas of SCALES and MAIDEN never drop .
    I thought I was the only one having trouble with Scales! I thought East Shroud was pretty bad, but I'm having more trouble with Scales now. At least I'm half way through my set.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hazel Mimelia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Has anyone try to FARm atmas from the recently increased drop rate? I would like to know how often they drop now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Darkobra Kage
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I got 5 in an hour.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cryss Cook
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    one guy in my fc farmed 8 in 4h and one from ls farmed 5 in 2h. Another fc guy got an atma in the very first random fate he did on a sub job with zenith equipped. Seems like the droprate got increased tremendeously, which i really like.
    (1)
    Last edited by MrCookTM; 10-31-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast