Thread: atma drop rates

Player
    Character
    M'leineya Leoh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'm pretty sure my character data is corrupted. 70something hours and given up counting. Thanks SE for making me do something that I already hated now I absolutely LOATHE to do. This isn't fun, this is a joke that ceased to be funny a long time ago. Fix it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Gulvak Garamonde
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanntis View Post
    Nothing about this "quest line" is hard or difficult...

What is not acceptable is the fact that there is no tangible goal for us to look at or progress towards. There's literally no psychological intrinsic motivation for me to run around somewhere like Lower Noscea for 60 hours with just hope. We're not even allowed to level other classes during this endless grind. I have no issue with grinding, I have issue with grinding and having nothing to show for it. There's nothing to tell my brain, "that 10 hours you put in had some effect" when the reality is you just wasted 10 hours of your life that could have been spent doing anything else-- for nothing.

With pure RNG, you could essentially just do it forever and not get one as that .01% or whatever chance it is just resets each time you enter the next fate.
    You're just making an overall argument for linear treadmills versus RNG grind. The drop rate is nowhere near .01% either. It's funny that you ask people farming fates for 60+ hours what they're thinking and then praise the book segment, which takes at least 60 hours. RNG grind isn't that bad, sure there could be some drop rate correction for people who aren't seeing Atma after 600 rolls, but I still feel there's something fun about not knowing when you'll get something. It has an element of surprise! Linear treadmill style farms are just as devoid of challenge. I don't see why you guys praise that and rabble on about challenge. It's fine if you just don't like RNG but don't act like token farming has some qualitative challenge element to it that RNG lacks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leif Lin
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Oh, by all means let me assure that I meant no praise for the "book segment" either. It's not much more fun or challenging itself.. it is however tangible and a linear treadmill as you say. The majority are not having fun with any aspect of this. It's cool if you are, to each their own. Linear treadmills over surprise! 1000 rolls later {yes, please}. Other than a few people here on the forums coming on to defend this RNG nightmare, pretty much everyone is unhappy. My server spends their days shouting in every zone how much this sucks. I've yet to see one person in game express pleasure from atma grinding. The best I've seen is, "OMG Thank YOU! NEVER. AGAIN!" when someone gets their last one.

Fates are awful. They aren't encounters or teamwork, it's just a zerg with syncing making it annoying to even use your rotations. RNG in raids,chests etc. is a different experience.

Anyway, no offense to those that like this system ... but I hate it.
    (4)
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once, and you'll suck forever.

Player
    Character
    Gray Edge
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Remember the days when SE said "We have no wish to see your life suffer as a consequence of playing this game. Don't forget you family, friends, work or school" ? Then they go and heap these mechanics on us that can take around 12 hours and upwards of 60 hours of sheer grinding. I love this game but after all this fate grinding, I firmly believe my fingers are just a little bit shorter from so much key pressing.
    I agree with those that say "You should have to work for the good stuff otherwise it lowers the value of it" but FATE don't apply here. You run around and spam attacks. Remind me, where's the skill involved with this process?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vivian Rysto
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    ARR is my favorite 2013 game, and probably my second favorite game of all time.
    But THIS ATMA GARBAGE...
    For the first time since I've played this wonderful game, I'm now WASTING MY TIME...
    This is boring, pointless, button mashing and busy work that I fail to understand the reason for having it.
    I wouldn't even mind if I could do this with friends... but, oh guess what: I can't even have fun with my friends, because if one person gets the drop, and you wanna remain together, the other person is bound to spend 8 hours basically just running arround, doing absolutely NOTHING.

You know what I'll say next time someone asks me to describe ARR in 3 words?

ATMA FATE GRINDING

This is plain and simple riddiculous, and I wouldn't be so pissed, if I didn't love this game so much.
    I'll now go cry somewhere because I haven't been this frustrated with a game in years...
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Good Weed
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    i would like to see "Coffer Chest" thingies .....lets make key drop from a certain monster
    (0)

Player
    Character
    T'sraetn Slein
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    I think the easiest fix for the whole thing, that would make a lot of people happy, while still keeping the same system, is to chance it so instead of requiring Zenith equipped, it just requires completion of the quest "Up in Arms"

That way people could go through with alt classes to level them up, and get SOMETHING out of the fates, instead of just a mindless grind. Most of the people I have talked to would be okay with the grind (but not exactly thrilled with it) if they could at least get exp for another class out of it.
    (3)

Player

I like fates, I don't mind 60 hours of grinding - I HATE the unfairness of the Atma.

To those that say they have completed the Atma's in 10-12 hours - you just prove the point, why this needs to be fixed. It's not fair to have people be able to complete the Atma in 12 hrs and other not even finish this at 60+ hours.

I am personally just over 50 hours on Atma and I'm still only 8/12 - my first Atma took 21 hrs before it dropped. So don't tell me this system works because you got your atma's in 10 hours!!!

Imagine doing the first relic quest and Titan's or Ak's Item drop's were RNG instead of a given - that what the Atma's have become.

SE needs to fix this and soon!!!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Skho Damascus
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I think we need to channel all of this rage to twitter. Negative impact to future sales is significantly more vocal than silo-ed efforts in this controlled environment.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gulvak Garamonde
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by skho01 View Post
    I think we need to channel all of this rage to twitter. Negative impact to future sales is significantly more vocal than silo-ed efforts in this controlled environment.
    Are you really going to pan this forum for being too moderated? There are at least a dozen threads on the same topic usually with a few of the same people eventually bumping them all. By all means have your MMORPG Spring twitter revolution. I'll just be here playing the game.

EDIT: Oh I just read they consolidated some posts? That's really tragic! Smash the state!
    (0)
    Last edited by Worm; 04-22-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast