Character
    Syphen Freht
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 17

[11006][20819][20831][19900][-2147418069]

Anybody know what this code means?

I bought the PS3 version and began playing a couple days before the 2.2 patch. After the patch I traveled to Limsa Lominsa and started experiencing PS3 freezes, 4 times within an hour. I thought maybe it was corrupted install data (which I surmised from a previous problem with another game), so I deleted everything and tried again. After about 1.5gb into downloading the patch data, I get kicked out with the code above and the message "Unable to update patch data". So I tried reformatting the PS3, waited over 10 hours, then reinstalled the game data and tried again with the same result.

I've gotten a couple ideas, but nothing that really explains it. Could someone let me know what the code means and whether it's an issue on my end or not?

Thanks
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Steady Styrmdraga
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I had this exact thing happen. I was using a SSD Hybrid drive. Replacing my stock hard drive fixed this. I have no idea why. Best I can assume is that my SSD failed. I'm going to try and reformat my SSD hybrid (which I thought I had tried already).

Are you using an after market HD?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syphen Freht
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 17
    I'm using the same hard drive that came with the system, but I have experienced hard drive errors before, such as the inability to create new save data. You think I should try replacing it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Steady Styrmdraga
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphen_Freht View Post
    I'm using the same hard drive that came with the system, but I have experienced hard drive errors before, such as the inability to create new save data. You think I should try replacing it?
    I can't say. My situation is listed herelink.

My problem was first that my game would lock up in a loading screen, but was unable to get out of it regardless of what I did with my PS3. I could log into my PC version and move my character into another area and it fixed. While I had no problems before the update, and could download other games without any issues, I did have problems after the update, Exactly like yours.

If your comfortable, you can do a system restore on your ps3 and see if it fixes it... but personally, I'd wait till the maintenance tommorrow and try again and see if your problem goes away.

If you intend on replacing your hard drive, I'd suggest a Hybrid SSD despite the issue I had, it'll be a huge upgrade if you plan to continue playing on PS3 and not switching to PS4 mid april. This is the one I had (though, as mentioned.. it wasn't working anymore) http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Solid-Hybrid-2-5-Inch-ST1000LM014/dp/B00B99JUBQ/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I had an aftermarket hard drive to reduce lag, but replacing my stock hard drive fixed my problem. I can't say that my HD was the problem definitively, only that I'm playing the game now.
    (1)
    Last edited by Steady; 04-02-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Syphen Freht
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 17
    Thanks for the reply. I've already tried the system restore, but the result is still the same. I actually didn't know about the maintenance tomorrow, so that is extremely helpful to know considering I had no trouble before the patch (and I don't see the patch affecting PS3 hardware, at least that badly). Either way, this was the most hope I've found thus far, so thanks, I really do appreciate it. If the maintenance doesn't fix it tomorrow though, I'll at least drop in to say so. After that, I'll probably just wait until I get a PS4 and play there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Steady Styrmdraga
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphen_Freht View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I've already tried the system restore, but the result is still the same. I actually didn't know about the maintenance tomorrow, so that is extremely helpful to know considering I had no trouble before the patch (and I don't see the patch affecting PS3 hardware, at least that badly). Either way, this was the most hope I've found thus far, so thanks, I really do appreciate it. If the maintenance doesn't fix it tomorrow though, I'll at least drop in to say so. After that, I'll probably just wait until I get a PS4 and play there.
    Well let me know, cause if yours works after the patch, I can pop my SSD back in. ^^ good luck

FYI, if you do have to replace your HD, you don't necessarily hafta go SSD, you could just find a 7200 rpm HD, which would still be faster than the 5400 stock
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Steady Styrmdraga
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Just thought I'd add, no change on my end. Attempting to format the HD and try over on the SSD. I just have a hard time believing it's the problem, particularly after learning your having the same problem.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Steady Styrmdraga
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Not trying to steal your thread, but my Hybrid SSD is working fine now. Here's what I did. I did quickformat of under System options, then reinstalled FFXIV.

Was gonna try full format, but was gonna be 6 hrs for my drive. But i logged in, appears to be working fine now. Try that?
    (1)