Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Player
    Character
    Eliya Maxwell
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Ironically I've usually been able to "fight through the lag" throughout these last few days, with the exception of certain "points" of dungeons (usually right when a boss fight begins). Notably Brayflox Longstop HM ..... I swear almost everytime that I run in there to tank as PLD, instant lag-spike, often 90k disconnect (can't use skills, yet everything keeps moving). There's definitely triggers, and it certainly isn't connection related as it's only happening in instances.

I will comment that I've been seeing an improvement already. I hope it's not just placebo, or less people playing & getting frustrated with it all, yet rather improvements that SE has been deploying. The first days of 2.2 I was wiping left and right as a tank, and making the conscious decision to NOT play during prime-time (as it gets worse). Seeing people 'die' (in real time, no rubber-banding) without the ability to flash (no MP drain, yet execution firing) isn't exactly fun.

Please keep up the good work SE, I look forward to when we can properly speedrun again without fear! (*This is not sarcasm*)
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by FyrmurlFloerasksyn View Post
    Ok i agree, this lag is not acceptable, but that does not automatically entitle you to 'compensation'.
    Why not?
    I pay to play this game yet it is unplayable, so I should be compensated the playtime I'm unable to play due to the lag.
    When I played wow a couple of years ago (like 7 years ago) they hade a period where everyone was lagging for like a month or two every day. When they finally fixed it everyone got 30-45 days free game time.

That is how it should be!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Orcinas Ikarosu
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    Well april's fool is over and still this joke is not yet over. After maintenance, we're still getting the massive crap lag all over.
    How long does SE decides to work around the clock for.
    My subscription is ending in few days time.
    Everyday i logs in to be greeted with such crap.
    Guess i should be stopping my subscription from here till they could find a solution to this.
    Why should i be paying for a rotten services and they're spending their precious time "working" out for a solution.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Agrias Kirosuu
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    so not only me that still lag then
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kristania Kor
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiara1 View Post
    Why not?
    I pay to play this game yet it is unplayable, so I should be compensated the playtime I'm unable to play due to the lag.
    When I played wow a couple of years ago (like 7 years ago) they hade a period where everyone was lagging for like a month or two every day. When they finally fixed it everyone got 30-45 days free game time.
    The situation is hardly, remotely comparable. In any case, you have no entitlement to compensation so 'should' doesn't apply, if SE choose to offer it ex gratia that's something else.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aleksandr Deicide
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    So, I am running an nvidea GeForce GTX 670 on Windows 7, with the latest nvidea drivers, which were installed well before all of this lag.
    After shortly after 2.2, in the morning... note, the MORNING, when everyone is running roulette like crazy... no problems in the evening... I get absolutely retarded lag... I mean "your fps is now 0, have fun watching a slideshow" lag.

Here is the thing. My internet connection is perfectly normal and stable while this is happening. Granted there is the occasional Sending:0 during the bouts of lag.
    The interesting thing is that my video card stops receiving data from FFXIV.exe. What keeps happening is that the game will literally stop sending any information to the GPU, then it will send everything at once, and stop again... Hence the 0 fps slideshow experience.
    As this is happening, my video card's fans are just turning on and off, causing a kind of vibrating sound every 1 second or so.

I am currently reinstalling the latest 335.23 drivers from the nvidea site... hopefully that will help.

I dont know... this is not an ISP issue, and my GPU has no issues whatsoever with any other games, or in the evening. But in the morning, shortly after the daily reset, the entire game, towns, zones, dungeons, and especially any time there is combat going on ANYWHERE... im playing FFXIV the 1920s Slideshow.
    (0)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9