Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ewan Cathal
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    How COME I'm lagging on a monday morning? It can't be overload.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    could be impacted by latency issues in route, or circular routing, or packet loss... some tracerts may give some clues. TWC is currently suffering from some circular routing issues in some regions. Ohio is f-ing ridiculous--some have reported looping back and forth 3 or 4 times before getting past the Great Lakes area. Mine is going from DC to Indiana, back to DC, then to Chicago, back east again to Albany, then FINALLY hops over the border and gets to Montreal. Granted, it's only a few ms for each forward, but it creates more opportunity for delays and packet loss that become an issue when congestion ramps up. It's causing enough jitter to make my pings swing from around 40-65 ms right now... when things get busier the gap gets wider (65-120, sometimes even bigger) because everything slows down along the route, and each slowdown stacks onto the next hop in the route.

I know... sounds like a broken record, but there are indeed routing issues in North America that the ISP's need to address. Bandwidth has little to nothing to do with it--that determines how many packets can be sent at once, the media can only move each of the electrons so fast. That is what latency is... a measurement of how fast each individual bit can reliably get from point A to B. Bad routing can severely impact what might be otherwise be acceptable server-side lag. That's why some people are getting good results in the general world through VPN/Proxy--they are bypassing bad routing. The recent issues at the instance servers is something that needs to be addressed server-side, but even if they get them to run flawlessly we can still suffer issues if our routing is bad. Latency is a hard thing to overcome... but it is something our ISP's need to manage. Pretty much the only way SE can address our latency woes is to physically relocate where the data is hosted.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inanna Sappho
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Lagging/90k/people getting stuck in cutscenes in dungeons/coils on Sargatanas
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tora'li Aerin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Just did two ( half ) runs of Brayflox HM with my FC. Our first one seemed to be going well until after the second boss, after which we all immediately got 90k'd and booted from the instance at once. We queued up for a second time and after the first boss, myself and another member got booted from the server. This seems to be getting much worse now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eagle Eye
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    There is horrible lag on NA-Cactuar server. I imagine it is server-wide though. Since the patch it has been really bad in instances but today it's everywhere. Players warping around, unable to teleport, unable to click NPC's (just get frozen on them). People are shouting about it in most zones, the game is pretty much unplayable right now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Takashi Eventide
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Getting lag here also. Cactaur. Can't heal properly or use my BLM.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ione Nightshade
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 61
    Yup getting it on Behemoth as well. Lots of people teleporting around and having a slow time interacting with some NPCs
    (0)
    <pls>

Player
    Character
    Mors Pestilentia
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    WTH is going on in this game!!! Cant even check my retainer! SE fix your servers NOW! And stop making me come to this forums near all this trolls!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leyna Crosse
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Is the SE's version of April Fools joke >.< If so its in poor taste.
    Just tried to heal in Pharos Serious. Wiped first pull because the HP bars wouldnt even update it was soo lagggy. When they did update my party was dead.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kai Ulric
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Lag is AWFUL... we couldn't even finish the Sunken Temple because they lag was so bad. This really needs to be fixed.
    (0)
    I'm just a bun boy, doing bun boy things.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast