Player
    Character
    Tiyamel Yofunenushi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Crazy lag

Confirmed same issues, Sargatanas server, all dungeon runs are virtually unplayable, rubber banding and huge delays on actions and abilities, got to the point i was spamming a single ability just to try and hit the damn mobs before i died "again", tested on level 50/HM mode dungeons and EX primals, a pointless exercise, lag has been there since patch and i play UK time early when usually not a lot of players around, still lag issues and when USA wakes up and jumps on its ridiculous as it compounds the effects even further, no offence to the NA players but its got to the point i log off when you log on as i just cant do anything
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rel'axel Yakashe
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    You guys are lucky that Coil is playable for ya... I can't even get that going without issues and I 90K EVERY time there is one Cad left without fail. Judging by their latest post about this issue, I hope they DO know that its not just "certain instances" that are affected.

Its 99% of instances, any interaction you have in dungeon or in the overworld, and damn near every action you do whether you're in a dungeon or out. Loading and menu screens are also affected. Its widespread and certainly not affecting just "certain instances."

That said, yes, we ARE paying for an unplayable game. And, honestly, I think with the issues being THIS bad (see: causing parties to wipe simply due to technical performance, rather than player performance, etc.) we should get compensated for having a bad experience. Add 7 days to everyone's remaining subscription time... make up for the time spent working on a fix for a problem that should have never existed, let alone been this terrible.

I pay to play. Not to have a game developer fix problems while I wait around.
    (2)
    Why is it called "Emergency Maintenance" when its become so routine?

Player
    Character
    Evenreg Lanp
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 12
    Copy and pasted from another post of mine. And more added. Because we need to keep these posts up everywhere.

Going to sign onto this. I JUST got out of an ifrit(NM) run where I literally moved to the outermost edge to avoid the first plume before the animation even STARTED and somehow got hit by both it and the second one, which I was WELL toward the center of the arena to avoid. Same with eruptions, where I could move before they even began to cast and still eat them. Had a sas yesterday where the whole group was porting around thanks to it. Duties are freaking unplayable at the moment.

I'm shocked they even need to investigate at the moment. It's blatantly clear there are TWO changes that may have caused this. Position update 2.0 and joining ALL the duties into one single grouping or..w/e. Time to upgrade the servers from the cardboard boxes filled with hamster wheels if you wanna go that route Square.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rel'axel Yakashe
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Exactly. All you need to do is play for half an hour and you'll see what's wrong... getting hit by what you shouldn't being first and foremost. No need for investigation.

Just reverse the changes that 2.2 brought and subsequently broke across all instances and most interactions in the overworld.
    (0)
    Why is it called "Emergency Maintenance" when its become so routine?

Player
    Character
    Neko Mancer
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    rubber banding, teammates teleporting across large distances suddenly, cast abilities not going off (even though mana and gcd do go off), instant-cast abilities being "interrupted" (yes really), at one point, out of combat, it took 5 full length casts to get garuda to actually summon, instead of just costing mana for no pet. Ran through an entire mana bar trying to rez a healer without it working. In actual combat, I cast, then wait a while to see if the DoT icon appears on the target... sometimes a long wait... about 75% of the time the DoT does apply, about 25% of the time I have to re-cast it. Also... casting 60s cooldown Aetherflow to get my 3 stacks which basically are absolutely necessary to play summoner or scholar effectively, and about 30% of the time it just kills the 60s cooldown without giving stacks. Also, "swiftcast" is pretty much non-functional.

The lag is absurd.

The only content which is play-able, is content for which you are heavily over-geared. It's a struggle to do the new hard dungeons with ilvl90 gear, just to grind out soldiery tokens. I wouldn't touch a primal fight until this is fixed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Initial bug reports had isolated the non-playable instances to mostly just the 4-man content (may be why SE posted about issues with certain instances).

You guys keep saying it is in all instances... might help if you were to join/move the conversation over in bug reports if it has indeed crossed over into the larger instances now. SE more closely monitors posts over there than in the user sandbox over here.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raist; 03-31-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Liadan Grimglaive
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 20
    Raist are you some kind of SE spy or something? Every time there's a post about this you hop on and give the most absurd apologist arguments. ALL DUTY INSTANCES ARE BEING AFFECTED. Of course players will rage wherever they possibly can until the issue is resolved. Who cares if it's a good idea or not -- this is what poor investment nets you. That means duty-based story quests, guildhests, primal fights, and dungeons are all frequently unplayable. The problem is a fluctuating one. There is no viable excuse for this issue. The servers should be able to handle a load at least a dozen times larger than what it's currently somehow unable to cope with.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    no... someone specifically brought up the point about them stating it was in specific instances. Initially, the reports were just that... specifically 4-man content. Reports were coming in that larger ones were just fine. Everyone in here is saying it is all instances now... that is in direct conflict with what was being posted. Might help if SE was made aware of that if it indeed is now affecting allianced content just as bad now.

Case in point, I completed leves, hests, and quested duties just fine (mostly in Dragonhead) this afternoon. So, at least this afternoon from roughly 1-5pm Eastern, your claim that it was "duty-based story quests, guildhests, primal fights, and dungeons are all frequently unplayable" was not an entirely accurate description. That may have changed now... perhaps SE needs to have that brought to their attention.

And this is a user-to-user sandbox... SE simply doesn't watch it as closely as some of the other forums. It is that way by design--their words, not mine. It just makes more sense that if the parameters have changed that drastically, it needs to be brought to their attention. Bug Reports and tickets at the portal are simply a more direct route than posting here.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raist; 03-31-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nonopoki Cocopoki
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Experienced this issue on Ultros server when trying to run the dungeon Stone Vigil. Tried to run this on two separate occasions to see if it was an isolated incident (peak time/low usage time) and the experience was the same. Horrible lag, disappearing players, boss "teleporting" during fight, disconnecting, ect... Until this is resolved and I can progress the story through a Final Fantasy game I'm paying to play, I will have to unsubscribe until this beta-level issue gets corrected. With the amount of rants on this topic, I hope SE has this at the top of their "fix it" list.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kristania Kor
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 1
    (0)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast