Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Player
    Character
    Ascari Davivo
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I am experiencing this since days now. Everything was fine before. Now it crashes for me without warning or error message if i am online 1min, 30min, 5min, or an hr, when i teleport, when i start a CS, it can be at anytime or it will not even let me online and crashes when i I hit the "yes" on login with this character.
    It seems to be related to my AMD card and if it is it is just disappointing that they cannot fix this.
    MY next 30dy payment just was collected a day ago. I recalled it. No point in paying for a service not provided.
    (0)
    Last edited by arbaraith; 11-16-2014 at 03:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Idzuna Raku'un
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 26
    Just adding my experience to the list here, since this seems to be one of the few threads about the issue that hasn't been mysteriously moved to the Resolved Issues subforum.

I'm a new player of about a week now, so I obviously can't compare to any previous patch iterations. That said, I have experienced crashing at least once every day since purchasing the game; it is exceedingly frustrating and does not bode well for my future enjoyment of the game.

My specific issue case is:
    • After playing for about an hour, the window of opportunity begins for the bug to occur.
    • The problem seems to invariably be precipitated by encountering many players, either in a field zone or (more commonly) a high-population town zone, e.g., Limsa.
    • Once the problem occurs, my frame rate drops from ~60 to 1-2 FPS. The game enters a state of continuous freezing/stuttering. (My PC as a whole is not affected, only the game client.)
    • The "problem state" will continue for anywhere from 20 to 60 seconds. It will then either crash the game client, or on very rare occasions cease for 5-10 seconds before beginning again, though ultimately it will still lead to the same client crash.

Although enabling LOD settings and "LOD Streaming" in config seems to lengthen the time before seeing the issue, for me it is not a fix and, to be honest, I find it extremely disingenuous that many threads seem to be marked "resolved" with that fix when it so clearly has an enormous impact on visual quality. As a new player it is a bit disheartening to see so many people with this issue given little in the way of a proactive response by the game's team.

My PC specs are: Intel i5-4670k, ATI Radeon 7850, 8GB RAM. My drivers are all up to date and I maintain my PC fairly meticulously, needless to say I have absolutely no issues with any other games or applications.

I do hope that this issue is eventually addressed with an actual fix, or at least acknowledgement that it is an outstanding issue of which they are aware.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Seems to be an ongoing theme at AMD about the last few generations not working right with many games.... may want to poke around over there, maybe start another thread about XIV since the others put up specifically for XIV have faded into obscurity again.

http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=443
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ascari Davivo
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I did make a new post, i also made various report forms to AMD about drivers i used. Nothing, no answer, fix.
    Guess developers don't care either
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aedien Greyfael
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Here we go again. Crash after crash. Please fix or I'm cancalling for good. You've had long enough.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mihr Sialiant
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I also am getting this problem now. Have attempted reinstalls, running in admin mode, rolling back of drivers, completely different video card, reinstalling windows. Nothing works. Game is unplayable in this state. Just going to unsub until people say this is fixed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mihr Sialiant
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Playing in Windowed mode seems to fix the issue. Really would like it if SE fixed whatever was the issue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhyde Belmont
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    hi does anyone play today got kinda lag issue on game? i check my internet seems fine but when i play ff 14 its like gone lag too much delay.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blaise Destin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyde1801 View Post
    hi does anyone play today got kinda lag issue on game? i check my internet seems fine but when i play ff 14 its like gone lag too much delay.
    My internet is popping about 40MBPS or so, and my internet is running fine throughout the issues. But yea, I'm experiencing horrific lag. Long points of time where my actions never register, longs point of time where everything stops and starts back up... did a dungeon just now where I crossed the zone line, and didn't zone for a good 30-45 seconds... Party was still able to see me type, and I was seeing them type too. I lagged throughout fights to where none of my actions did anything (even off GCDs would be used, reset the cooldown, and not go off), couldn't build combos.

Was in the second boss room "Still" even after I had walked clear to the next set of mobs, and was like that for almost 2 minutes until it decided I wasnt there anymore and put me next to the mobs I was fighting... The lag was absolutely horrendous up until (Luckily the final boss, where it seemed to have stopped). For what its worth, I've never had issues with lag before this (except for the DDoS crap)... no lag, no latency nothing... but starting last night I've been getting these horrific bouts of lag to the point the game is literally unplayable by any stretch.

SE has an official thread for it now, I've reported it there, but thats not for discussion :X
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhyde Belmont
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    yea it was kinda funny yesterday night im still like partying with other ppl and it seems normal but when i came wake up and try to play fate , it feels like waaaay to laggy. Hope SE fix this problem its not funny if they keep it quiet
    (0)
    Last edited by rhyde1801; 12-12-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6