Character
    Alan'to Tirvada
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50

Game crashes since patch

Hello,

I did some searching around and I didn't see any other posts on this so I hope it's not just me.

My game has crashed three times tonight. The game just locks up and my computer becomes non-responsive. I have to restart. I can't ctrl-alt-del out of the game or anything.

I have never had the game crash like this before ever. I've been playing on average a few hours every day since September and have never seen a crash like this. Now three times in one day - I have to think that something happened in the patch to cause this.

The first two happened while I was running around Gridania doing the quest to unlock the harvest dance. The third one happened while doing beastmen quests in Western La Noscea.

Any help is appreciated.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Myka Vordhosbn
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    For what it's worth, I've had about 7 APPCRASH crashes for the game today, in similar situations.
    I've never had it happen before the patch either.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Axirion Delacroix
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Im not sure if this is connected but after the upadte I get this insane lag and I cant do anything anymore the Lag is killing me!!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Eris Redd
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I'm experiencing the same problem pretty much. Ever since the 2.2 update, I logged into FFXIV:ARR today and I play the game for about 2-5 minutes, and I'll have something that seems like my frame-rate skips, then it'll either crash completely or crash my computer completely.

Did not have this issue with ARR anytime before 2.2 launch.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Laville Clemente
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Yeah, me too. Since patch 2.2 Client keep crashing. Already try to reinstall client but still crash. Please fix this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Q'oostewin Schekuente
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 63
    It a multi-thread/memory leak issue. Which means that some developer forgot to close threads and garbage collect. I seen this going on because my m1730 has an on-board hardware based monitoring system and saw my ram and cpu get eaten up in certain locations. I overclocked my x9000 to 3.4 ghz and it cleared up enough for my GPU to run smoother but every so often the game tends to leave my cpu running unclaimed processes which will crash any box eventually.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Xavier Drakis
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I have found similar, my 3770k was overclocked to 4.18ghz, but even then it was dicey how long I would last, and the crashes were randomish, usually associated with zone changes, but not always,
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Larissa Blackheart
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Had no problems (Cerberus), wondering what the emergency maintenance is for though
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Egg Soup
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AruTheUnicorn View Post
    It a multi-thread/memory leak issue. Which means that some developer forgot to close threads and garbage collect. I seen this going on because my m1730 has an on-board hardware based monitoring system and saw my ram and cpu get eaten up in certain locations. I overclocked my x9000 to 3.4 ghz and it cleared up enough for my GPU to run smoother but every so often the game tends to leave my cpu running unclaimed processes which will crash any box eventually.
    Uhhh, yeah. Me too, all that stuff. Man, that stuff is bad.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Xavier Drakis
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cons View Post
    Had no problems (Cerberus), wondering what the emergency maintenance is for though
    From what I gather it was random, for 2 -3 hours I had no issue, several people in my FC had nothing, but then others did, I suspect the various PC loadouts and designs might be the reason some are not experiencing issues. I feel sorry for Devs trying to make something work perfectly for all the different combinations is tough.
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast