Player
    Character
    Kakita Ucalibur
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 86

Thief/Ninja looks to be Inbound

If you follow the newly added main story quests it seems that we have a new class pretty much introduced and confirmed.

Weapon: Two Daggers
    Role: Melee Dps with positional requirements.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Commodore Butcherboy
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Yes but I have a feeling will get it when the 1st expansion pack comes out
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Commodore Butcherboy
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    There's to many speculation going on. It can also b said for a corsair/ranger(gun base) job since the leader of limsa is a corsair. Also limsa is a port city so there's another speculation for a Viking type job.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcherboy View Post
    There's to many speculation going on. It can also b said for a corsair/ranger(gun base) job since the leader of limsa is a corsair. Also limsa is a port city so there's another speculation for a Viking type job.
    Musketeer is already on an "When not if" basis for it's arrival. With the new animations and graphics for these skills, Ninja/Thief/base class have also fallen into this "When not if" basis
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Avgustin Narion
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcherboy View Post
    Yes, but Yugiri specifically talks about wanting to train people in the ways of Far Eastern combat. In fact, the end of the story seems to indicate that a Thief/Ninja Guild is being set up.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jordan Lewis
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by alexhatesmil View Post
    Yes, but Yugiri specifically talks about wanting to train people in the ways of Far Eastern combat. In fact, the end of the story seems to indicate that a Thief/Ninja Guild is being set up.
    That doesn't really mean much they say a lot of things in the story.
    What I WOULD buy as evidence would be the correlation between that statement and the fact yoshi said they have a roadmap up to 3.0 which would mean they would have the ability to appropriately set up things for future updates
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hope Estheim
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by jlewiss View Post
    That doesn't really mean much they say a lot of things in the story.
    What I WOULD buy as evidence would be the correlation between that statement and the fact yoshi said they have a roadmap up to 3.0 which would mean they would have the ability to appropriately set up things for future updates
    After all of the QQ over new jobs, I don't think this was an accident. The people who write these scripts are not that naive to basically say "I will teach you to fight like this as soon as I can." when they don't mean it. The rage that would ensue would probably top any other rage since the first 1.0 server merge.

That aside, as someone corrected me in my own topic last night, even though she fights like a ninja, her armor is eerily similar to Assassin:

(14)
    Last edited by Mychael; 03-28-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Player
    Character
    Commodore Butcherboy
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Well thief could b a class the merge into 2 jobs ninja/assassin
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Silke Rin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    would be nice that if this time thief is the advanced job of something.. not a pre requisite like it usually is, usually is like thief -> ninja... but something like someclass -> thief could be very interesting.. i think?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Magitek Automaton
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Doma was castle in FF6 where the Samurai were located; although her dress and fighting style clearly indicates Ninja, and they set her up with the thieves guild which is a pretty clear indication of what is coming since THF -> NIN is in pretty much every FF game with a job system. I also swear that I remember the Ninja's from final fantasy tactics (which 14 pulls a lot of lore from) came from Doma, although I can't substantiate that its just vague recollection.
    (0)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast