Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Dark Arc
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    def agree we need a tool box for baits and stuff to filled nearly 2 pages with baits and didn't take long to fill with fish either
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Zeus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Arc View Post
    thanks king. im not gonna recraft i709 gear just for the extra 5 points
    does anyone have a list of the fish in each area and bait.
    I've been trying to catch North and South Bloodshore, costa del sol and hidden falls. missing the last from each. spent most last night trying to catch trying different baits.
    http://www.disciplesoftheland.com/fish/
    http://www.disciplesoftheland.com/Maps.aspx
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I just got back to fishing after not playing ARR much but doing a ton of fishing in 1.xx and I have a very basic question that I can't find the answer to after searching the forum. I understand that you need a minimum amount of gathering to have a chance at any given fish and over that will make you more likely to pull it in if one bites, i.e. less likely that it gets away. But does higher gathering also give you better odds of having high level fish bite in the first place on any given pull so that you will get it more often?
    (0)
    Last edited by Cynthis; 07-31-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthis View Post
    I just got back to fishing after not playing ARR much but doing a ton of fishing in 1.xx and I have a very basic question that I can't find the answer to after searching the forum. I understand that you need a minimum amount of gathering to have a chance at any given fish and over that will make you more likely to pull it in if one bites, i.e. less likely that it gets away. But does higher gathering also give you better odds of having high level fish bite in the first place on any given pull so that you will get it more often?
    I really can't confirm this either way. I'm still working on getting my Forager Fishing Rod and was hoping that'd have some kind of subtle increase in the amount of higher level fish you get bites on. Bait is probably one of the biggest factors since certain fish react better to certain baits and the spread of fish in particular areas make it easier to narrow down what you can catch with what bait.

On the other hand, there's the thing where some fish will only bite on level 50 bait and every other fish will bite on that same bait as well. Silver Sovereign is a pretty good example. I think I've had at most about 5 or 6 of them actually bite on my line within the period of 18:00 - 06:00, meanwhile I'm tossing away every other fish that's biting on the Yumizumo. I think the high level fish just have an innately small chance to actually bite.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    I really can't confirm this either way. I'm still working on getting my Forager Fishing Rod and was hoping that'd have some kind of subtle increase in the amount of higher level fish you get bites on.
    I'm working on the same thing. My thinking was that if more gathering makes me get silver soverign more often then perhaps I should not buy the hat after getting 10 HQ but instead get the rod after 20 HQ if the +31 gathering speeds up the rate at which I see silver soverign. Since I melded a hamlet hat the fisher hat is "only" a +16 perception upgrade.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthis View Post
    I'm working on the same thing. My thinking was that if more gathering makes me get silver soverign more often then perhaps I should not buy the hat after getting 10 HQ but instead get the rod after 20 HQ if the +31 gathering speeds up the rate at which I see silver soverign. Since I melded a hamlet hat the fisher hat is "only" a +16 perception upgrade.
    Honestly, if you have another gathering class that's geared up enough you're much better off using it to get the Forager's Hat.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    Honestly, if you have another gathering class that's geared up enough you're much better off using it to get the Forager's Hat.
    lol, yes that's obviously true. The problem is I loathe the way the high level mining/botany nodes work where you are basically just told to wait, teleport, wait, teleport....Any content that involves just waiting around is horribly designed and quite frankly an insult to the players. I know I can do some fishing in between but that's hardly the point...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bobbin Threadbare
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    lol I never wait. I always have stuff to do in between before miner/botany node were up again. I farmed double hat on miner, extra one for my miner retainer. My forager rod alone took like 3-4 days to get, and thank God I don't have to get hat through that. XD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Allelujah Haptism
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    nvm. found the answer. Did manage to desynth both swimwear legs for male and female today on Octo's! Pill bug ftw.
    (0)
    Last edited by lvicious; 08-03-2014 at 07:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Azran Hayat
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Wondering if anyone has info on "Fingers" which is caught at Crescent Cove in Western Thanalan. I got the Legendary catch SFX @ 343 gathering but was unable to reel it in. I was using Northern Krill @ 5:15 Eorzea Time. Is there a time window in which to catch him, also how much gathering is needed? Thanks
    (0)

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast