Player
    Character
    Lenarr Luminos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80

Master Crafting Books

Ok...what am I missing??? It appears the ALC master book take 5 HQ Growth Formula Delta Concentrate. Each of those takes 2 Growth Formula Delta and 9 Lime Sulpher. Each Lime Sulpher costs 2500 seals, so 5x9x2500=112,500 seals for the book, assuming you get HQ each time, which I can probably do. I haven't checked the other crafts, but I'm guessing they're going to be similar. (787,500 seals for 7 crafting classes...not counting CUL.) Unless I come back in the morning and find I screwed up (possible)...it's going to take forever to get Master books for my crafters (all are 50).

Oh btw, the few Lime Sulphur on the market are 20k each...so 900k if there were actually 45 for sale.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lenarr; 03-27-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lenne Sari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    wow... that will take forever. hahaha.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akio Shikimazu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    lol I was pretty shocked too! And I barely made 300k seals since launch lol... at least I should get the GC-Seal reward soon....

but seriously, the requirements are rather high if you have every craft on 50...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'kael Jin
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 3
    At least it ensures that there won't be people running around with master crafts in all 8 a couple of weeks later, which means prices artificially stay high and more gil gets circulated.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Felgo Donnerherz
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Where is your problem?
    Take your earned gil and reinvest it. If there are not enough materials on the market, /shout for them.

Economy. Simple as that.

One pro tip Let a bit time pass by and it will be cheaper.
    (0)
    I like Random-Number-Generator
    'cause I'm able to accept that
    a dice normally has six sides
    a pyramid has 5 sides
    a toast has 2 sides
    AND I CAN'T PREDICT WHICH SIDES IT FALLS TO.

Player
    Character
    Skap Onu
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    You get Philio items from the new HM dungeons. I got around 6 animal fat going though Brayflox, Halatali and Lost city. On top of that allt he gear you get there can be handed in for seals so start rolling on everything even if you don't need it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Legend Reborn
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I guess its good for those that despised being able to craft all classes easily. Now it looks like (at first) have to truly choose your "master" class
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Yes, they are expensive. I can't help but wonder if they made a mistake with the GC items though as they were listed to be 1500 seals in the patch notes but they're 2500 on the actual vendor.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lenarr Luminos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    I've enjoyed crafting...but my enthusiasm just crashed after seeing this. All crafters to 50, 50 miner and 50 botanist, and 4 DoM classes to 50. Getting Master recipes and new gear for my crafters just seems overwhelming now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    Yoshi did say that we were supposed to focus on our crafts one by one for these master books and tools. Getting everything up to snuff is much more of a long term goal now.

It's those dang brocades that're slowing me down... Once I finish all 50 of the things I doubt I'll get started on the other tools any time soon. They can't be bought either (which is something I always thought was broken about the few gathering/crafting quests we actually have, I don't think many put any actual work into any of them) so no one's going to be buying their way to BiS; it'll require more work than those who dislike crafting will be likely to put in to get them.

I just hope that people will split themselves between the crafts fairly evenly so we don't have a huge flood of one thing and nothing of another.

All in all, I think they did a good job. Those who put in the effort can eventually master everything (as opposed to the system others have suggested of locking you into one) but not everyone will do that for every class so the flood across the board should lessen and supply should be closer to the level of demand.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast