Player
    Character
    Ineb Yakiria
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60

Gear Choices

It appears all the claimed ilvl100 tome gear starts off as weathered and can be upgraded to 110. So it looks like we will still have choices. I'll be curious as to how we upgrade. Also, seems like Relics have two different upgradeable paths. Both same ilvl, so I'm assuming we can branch off to two different stat builds.

Also, appears Moogle will be dropping ribbon accessories, ilvl 100. Although I'm not seeing any crafted accessories, only for main pieces. Meaning no vit stacking?
    (1)
    Last edited by Airikay; 03-26-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Player
    Character
    Varenian Xemura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    If they branch like it appears, I assume one will be the skill speed one, and the other will be useful. Hopefully that's not the case, as one path will just be avoided by everyone.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    My guess (taking PLD as example)

Relic+1 update with 2 different branch
    Curtana Atma Gladiator's Arm Item Level: 100 / Equipment Level: 50
    Curtana Animus Gladiator's Arm Item Level: 100 / Equipment Level: 50

Coil T9
    High Allagan Blade Gladiator's Arm Item Level: 115 / Equipment Level: 50

Zodiach weapon
    Weathered Burtgang Gladiator's Arm Item Level: 100 / Equipment Level: 50
    further upgrade
    Burtgang Gladiator's Arm Item Level: 110 / Equipment Level: 50

Leviathan
    Wave Shamshir Gladiator's Arm Item Level: 95 / Equipment Level: 50
    Leviathan +1 (need to see how that happens)
    Tidal Wave Shamshir Gladiator's Arm Item Level: 100 / Equipment Level: 50
    (1)
    Last edited by Hysterior; 03-26-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Ineb Yakiria
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    I'm pretty sure the 100/110 weapons are the Zodiacs.

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Here is my theory, You can buy weathered gear with solidarity tomes it is ilvl 100, however you can get one of the following drops in new coil.

Sands of Time - Born of Allagan ingenuity, this peculiar sand is said to possess the power to turn back time.
    Oil of Time - Born of Allagan ingenuity, this peculiar oil is said to possess the power to turn back time.

Once you use one of these items it restores the item and makes it 110. Kinda similar to the system they had in wow in where you could buy tier gear with valor points but if you wanted to upgrade it to max item level then you would need to do the heroic raid to get the token and trade it in with the base piece. That's what I am speculating anyway. If they did this it takes some of the RNG out of gearing up. But I am guessing bosses may not drop these time items that often, and every one in the group will want them to upgrade their gear.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Varenian Xemura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Here is my theory, You can buy weathered gear with solidarity tomes it is ilvl 100, however you can get one of the following drops in new coil.

Sands of Time - Born of Allagan ingenuity, this peculiar sand is said to possess the power to turn back time.
    Oil of Time - Born of Allagan ingenuity, this peculiar oil is said to possess the power to turn back time.

Once you use one of these items it restores the item and makes it 110. Kinda similar to the system they had in wow in where you could buy tier gear with valor points but if you wanted to upgrade it to max item level then you would need to do the heroic raid to get the token and trade it in with the base piece. That's what I am speculating anyway. If they did this it takes some of the RNG out of gearing up. But I am guessing bosses may not drop these time items that often, and every one in the group will want them to upgrade their gear.
    I sure hope not..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Those items I listed are in the notes though, there has got to be a way to make your weathered gear go from 100 to 110.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ineb Yakiria
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Those items I listed are in the notes though, there has got to be a way to make your weathered gear go from 100 to 110.
    Seems likely, but am hoping that everyone gets 1 for each clear or its a guaranteed drop. Because if its rare 12x8 is just too much. Maybe everyone gets 1 and each piece of gear needs different amounts, ie accesorries need 1, body and legs need 3 and everything else 2.

Player
    Character
    Clara Necris
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    There are not two paths for Relics.
    As shown in the achievement section, the Animus is final form.

Relic -> Relic Zenith -> Relic Atma -> Relic Animus.

I like the theory for the Time drops though
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aka Kitsune
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 51
    Choices? Lol. Only real choice you have is for your weapon, everything else is High Allagan and until you get that you need to use soldiery items. The only crafted items worth using pre 2.2 were accessories when pentamelded, there are no 3 star accessories though so the new i90 crafted is just placeholder armor for jobs you don't care about playing seriously or glamour items. SE hates crafters more and more each day, and the people who buy their wares.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast