Character
    Casper Theghost
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 50

I love how SE is handling the echo buff and nerf of content

Not kidding.

First of all, i think most reasonnable people know that nerfing content in a vertical progression mmo is a necessary evil. What do you expect ? Turn 6 to 9 being accessible to 5% of the player base for the next year or so ? SE can't keep up designing stuff for a very small minority of people. It is not even good for progression fc, as it would make recruiting a problem at some point. Anyway, let's move on.

That being said, i simply LOVE the way SE is doing it in this game. First of all, the echo buff is something that is already in the lore of the game, and makes sense. Second of all, it allow for progressive nerfing: instead of just nerfing something in oblivion, you now can do some tries without the echo ticking, and then it will ramp up allowing you, hopefully, to beat the old content exactly at the right difficulty. If you have a group that need 3 stack of echo, well here you go, you don't have a 5 echo buff nerfed content right at start. You also can easily switch between echo or not by disabling the buff.

Second of all, the way the echo has been implemented for 2.2 is extremeley smart and thoughtful. HM primals and stuff like this are old news. Who cares about them ? Some people are still blocked at titan hm, and that is plain wrong. 50% buff should allow duty finder groups that are willing to put an hour into the fight to kill it eventually in most cases, and it is a good thing. Ex primals are getting a 25% hp and damage boost. This is not a nerf in oblivion. It WILL help a lot people, but if you can't dodge landslide or plumes you are still going to be destroyed. Dps checks are made easier, but there is plenty to plan still in titan and ifrit ex, and i don't think all DF and PF groups will succeed, far from it. But the chance of doing so will be far greater, that's for sure.

At last, regarding coil: First of all there is a 2 week wait at start of 2.2. This is a head start for anyone that kileld twintania without the echo buff. It is a nice boon and compromise, that won't break more casual players morale, but still give a "reward" for players that did manage to beait it beforehand. The gradual lift through increase echo stacks seems very well done too. Twintania won't be a cakewalk anytime soon -- even with 30% hp and damage boost, people will still have to go though dives, conflags, fireball placement, dreadknight, twisters, hatches. It will certainly help to kill snake in time, conflags before they blow up, survive DS and beat the enrage timer, but it won't be super easy either. It will also only reach this state in 2 months. Doing it this way naturally ease more and more people into the more difficult fights. By 2.4, they will release new coil turns, and will probably nerf TT into oblivion like they did with HM bosses. You thus get: current content, that only the most dedicated clear (5% of the player base max). Recent content, that is gradually being made easier over several months, to allow the next 20% or so of players to progress. And old content, 6 month old at least, which is accessible to most through a moderate effort.

I find all this to be extremely well executed overall, and making much sense. Looking at other threads in the GD forum about how people hate those nerfs, i wonder: Am i the only one feeling that way ?
    (73)

Player
    Character
    Lilith Loveless
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    nope, you are not alone. i like what they are doin with echo buff as well ^^
    (18)

Player

I really hope this echo buff helps to reduce the amount of idiots who ragequits after first wipe...
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Larissa Blackheart
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    You make some good points here
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Victoria Mccry
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Good points, that which shall not be named started doing this in their king expansion because they saw the small amount of players that seen the content. Makes it easier for new players as well to come in, get geared, and see latest content.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Akira Tenshi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 80
    It wont make any difference. You'll never have the buff because you'll be forced to leave duty after everyone rage quitting. People want flawless wins on their first attempt, this isn't going to change that.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Evad D'aragon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira_Tenshi View Post
    It wont make any difference. You'll never have the buff because you'll be forced to leave duty after everyone rage quitting. People want flawless wins on their first attempt, this isn't going to change that.
    Not quite. The reason most people rage quit is because to them, it's "obvious" that no matter how many times you try, the actual team won't perform well enough. The echo buff makes it so that the output is increased, thus improving the result with a similar effort.

But that's not all, it will give a boost to morale for those that are genuinely trying, but simply can't do it for a number of reasons that sometimes isn't even because of them.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Elvin Rath
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 51
    The thing is that it will not be only those buffs, but we'll also have ilvl 100 and 110 items, and crafted ilvl 90.

So it will be Echo bonus + better equipment. Hell, I think I'll enter Titan HM with a warrior just to see him hit 15,000 HP haha
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
    So it will be Echo bonus + better equipment. Hell, I think I'll enter Titan HM with a warrior just to see him hit 15,000 HP haha
    I know is not the same since there is leve sync, but i really love to join random duties and fight story mode primals. At least for me is hilarious to fight against titan.... stomps: 1 hit, 200. MUAHAHAHAHA!!! uuuh, wait, wait... post-heart phase stomps: 2 hits, pfffff hahahaha!!!
    (2)

Character
    Sophia Sormanu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    people leave mostly because isnt fast enough, they forget that there is a whole mechanic to be set in order to succeed but hey what is the point in beating a dead horse....This nerf and I agree is will thought and I hope it will work fine.

Mei
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast