Player
    Character
    Tuli Qalli
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 86

Question about Small houses in 2.2

We all know that in 2.2, small houses are receiving a basement in which they can expand into. People are assuming this means they will be double the floor space that they are now, but looking at the screenshots provided by the patch notes, this likely isn't the case. If you look at the ceiling in the screenshot, the ceiling running side to side is much shorter than the distance that it runs with the stairs.

The question:
    Are they adding additional floor space for the stairs, or are the stairs taking up approximately 30% or so of the existing floor space to add another level? I only ask because my FC owns a small house, and we'll have to rethink how we organize it if the stairs are going to consume space that we're already using. It sure looks like that will be the case. I know we're getting more space overall, but is it really 200% of what we have now, or is it more like 140% because of the stairs?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Really we just don't know, can only go off of images we have seen. Arkham Native posted this image which is a good estimate:

(2)

Player
    Character
    Lowena Fae
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    It looks like the size will increase from the pictures. In our house each wall is divided into three sections by the beams. In the picture one wall has three sections and the other has five.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elizabeth Trueblood
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I was going to make another thread but I will ask here as well if that's ok.

For existing Small houses, after the update, does the house just get a basement added or do you need to "re-do" the house.

Our FC is thinking of buying either before or after 2.2.

Also, is it possible to sell the plot/house some time in the future in case we want a medium or large?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rosi Posi
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I'm wondering if only the basement will be that size, as I can't see how they will increase the above ground size of the small houses on the plot size they already have without a) having the front door put on the side and b) having no room for a "garden" and other outside furnishings.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shneibel Panipahr
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    the house size will incease as well, to fit in 8 ppl they said in the early live letter (part A)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DCILuther View Post
    I was going to make another thread but I will ask here as well if that's ok.

For existing Small houses, after the update, does the house just get a basement added or do you need to "re-do" the house.

Our FC is thinking of buying either before or after 2.2.

Also, is it possible to sell the plot/house some time in the future in case we want a medium or large?
    I would wait till Thursday. Only 3 days left and you might get more of a price drop. Don't forget you need an addition 400k for building permit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nico Nico
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shneibel View Post
    the house size will incease as well, to fit in 8 ppl they said in the early live letter (part A)
    BTW, I don't undersatnd why NPC vendors will live in your house..., did YoshiP mean fit in 8ppl including those NPC? ^^;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edhe'li Merwyn
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    I'm wondering if only the basement will be that size, as I can't see how they will increase the above ground size of the small houses on the plot size they already have without a) having the front door put on the side and b) having no room for a "garden" and other outside furnishings.
    I imagine they'll fiddle with proportions and the inside will be bigger than the outside, as with the medium-sized houses.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rosi Posi
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by FJerome View Post
    I imagine they'll fiddle with proportions and the inside will be bigger than the outside, as with the medium-sized houses.
    I did wonder if we'll have the "Tardis" effect
    (0)