Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    I''''''''l I''''''''l
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90

Retainers, confirmed, you have to pay for them.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...95#post1963395

"

Q33: Is the $2 for an additional retainer a one time fee or a monthly fee?

A33: It will cost $2 every 30 days.

"

Okay.... So, dear people... Let me ask you a few questions here, answer as you please, but always with correction and respect:

1- What's your opinion about this? (Summarize)

2- Do you think we will have more things like this in the future totally changing our idea of FFXIV:ARR?

3- Am I just exaggerating and it's something normal or that, 'doesn't affect gameplay' even if it's confirmed that those 'ventures' will grant us items, and even if it is clear that we will need more space storage in the future?...

4- Is our voice enough for change these things?

5- Should retainers be in-game for guil or any other ways, giving the currency a little more of importance aside of housing?

6- Taking in mind these kind of strategies, do you think eventually the game will become a Pay 2 Win, or, not radically that, but, slowly increase the amount of money we pay per month if we want to play it full advantages?

Important Note: Other members of the forum will explain their opinion, it's just their opinion, please respect it and don't make of this thread a royal battle. Read and express your opinion, just that.

Thanks everyone.
    (3)
    Last edited by Adrian74; 03-21-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ryan Shori
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    This isnt news to me. Although I didnt play the original FFXIV past the first 60 days, I'm pretty sure the additional retainers were monthly charges then also.

My opinion is that $2 doesnt even buy you a bottle of coke, and certainly not a starbucks coffee, so whats it to me if they charge that? :P
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Phar Phar
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'll keep this blunt
    1- Hate it
    2. Yes, it will continue
    3. Problem is, where does it stop.. few $ here for this... later on few $ here for that, if i wanted an aspiring cash shop i'd go play f2p
    4. No it's not, too many fan boys will defend this with their lives
    5. Would've been better in game for gil/unlocked via quest, anything that doesn't result in adding extra ON TOP of the sub fee.

Just my opinion, don't be ignorant
    (50)
    Last edited by Phaus; 03-21-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Karon Mephisto
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian74 View Post

2- Do you think we will have more things like this in the future totally changing our idea of FFXIV:ARR?

3- Am I just exaggerating and it's something normal or that, 'doesn't affect gameplay' even if it's confirmed that those 'ventures' will grant us items, and even if it is clear that we will need more space storage in the future?...

1. I suggested this actually myself a while ago, so i am totally fine with it.
    2. I am not sure how this "totally" will change anything?!
    3. I dont really think it will affect the Gameplay. It does affect it the same way as someone will use a second Account, or pay for the Game 1 year in advance to get the mount.
    4. Probably, but it was requested and planned since 1.0, so i don't see why.

Edit:

5. Ingame Currency would have been another option, but like $ also using ingame currency has its downsided.
    6. No, i do not believe this goes anywhere near Pay 2 win.
    (5)
    Last edited by Nero; 03-21-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Player
    Character
    Xairos Karalis
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Im fine with this for several reasons:

1. The monthly price makes it where only those who really would use this will pay for it as opposed to a flat fee.
    2. I think that this and Phantasia will be the only charged services (oh and a server transfer). This is perfectly normal for the history of FFOnline games. Remember muling in FFXI.
    3. I have no space problems with my 2 retainers, so I dont care to get another one.

I will add that people on this forum love to attach to a certain point and ride it all the way to hell, so this will probably be the new "housing crisis" until 2.3.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    Q6: Are there items only obtainable through the retainer venture system?

A6: Yes, there are!

. . . . .

So, not sure how the venture currency will work and whether we can send them all at the same time on ventures but, yeah..... it will possibly give a small advantage to people who can, or wish to pay for whatever the max number for retainers is.

Initially, in 1.0 they were planned to be available for $$$ as an option to have more storage space. Not giving other advantages to players other than allowing them to hoard stuff and go OCD with collecting every pebble they picked up on their adventures. In ARR, by introducing items that our retainers can get for us while we're afk it's fair to say some players might have a slight advantage over others in game (more items to sell, more ventures-only mats to craft etc.) Gotta wait and see I guess.... Though, Yoshi himself said that there will be an advantage to having more retainers (in that interview translated from JP the other day, to be taken with a grain of salt since it wasn't an official translation).
    (6)
    Proud member of the Abyss FC — Excalibur

If you need a place to chat about all sorts of ridiculous, dorky and nonsensical topics, feel free to join the Absolutely Fabulous LS
    Send a /tell and bring your happy pills~!

Player
    Character
    Daeada Fehr
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian74 View Post

5- Should retainers be in-game for guil or any other ways, giving the currency a little more of importance aside of housing?

6- Taking in mind these kind of strategies, do you think eventually the game will become a Pay 2 Win, or, not radically that, but, slowly increase the amount of money we pay per month if we want to play it full advantages?

1. It's fine. It was this way in 1.0, and it does take server space and resources, so charging for extra makes sense.

2. No, they know where the line is and they know not to cross it or the customers will leave.

3. You have to earn in-game currency to send your retainer out on ventures through dailies and GC-related things. This will be the hard cap on how fast you can earn items. Having more retainers will just mean you burn through the currency faster.

4. It's been planned this way from the beginning, and there are reasonable reasons for being this way. We might be able to get the price lowered, but I doubt they would abolish the fee completely.

5. Eh, there are other ways to drain gil out of the economy, small, but consistent purchases work better than 1 time large purchases.

6. Not really. You can have 16 retainers per server if you pay the base sub fee. This just allows you to concentrate currency-obtaining effort onto a single character instead of spreading it out.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Shaone Abides
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    1- Fine with me. They said extra retainers would cost more money 4-5 years ago.
    2- Didn't really change my idea of the game, given that they told us so long ago.
    3- Don't think it affects gameplay, certainly less so than all the botters.
    4- They've certainly shown to be open to feedback.
    5- Not really.
    6- Nope.
    (3)

Player

1- This may settle a precedent: "If I can charge you 2$ for this, i can charge you another 2$ for this... and this... and this ...". I was interested in getting another retainer/s and i wouldn't have minded to pay 2$, but... 2$ monthly? No, thanks. I guess i'll create a new "free" character to have 2 more retainers with no monthly costs.

2- I hope not

3- It's ok. I don't think it has a great impact in the gameplay. I guess we really need more space storage in the future... but we had that issue on 1.0, so i guess i won't be so different this time.

4- Since this monthly cost for extra retainers was an idea from 1.0... don't think so

5- I would like it (maybe just 4 retainers maximum). After all, we're HIRING retainers

6- I'm really worried about "how much" it can became a p2w. I mean, i'm ok with "X$ for +5% exp boost"... but if we reach one point where "i really need to buy X if i don't want to be left behind"... Thats a no-no.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Helinin Landgravine
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuinn View Post
    Q6: Are there items only obtainable through the retainer venture system?

A6: Yes, there are!

. . .
    Ahhh.... damnit... looks like retainers can now collect Lalafell souls, Miqo'te pelts and other blackmarket stuff...

I really out of business for real now.
    (4)
    Heli's Black Market open for business. Sells black market items for your exotic needs.

closed for business till further notice

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast