Player
    Character
    Cidriel Tausendklingen
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    1 - I'm fine with it.

2 & 6 - Not really. Given the company's history, exploiting microtransactions is not their style.

3 & 5 - I think it's common enough in other MMOs to have perks that cost real money paid directly to the company. Would people rather have this cost gil, and then people will spend real money to gilsellers to be able to afford additional bank space and such? I wouldn't want that temptation there.

4 - It's clear that the community is being listened to. Maybe not on everything, and maybe not how we want to in the end, but it's happening. Voicing our opinions can never hurt us. The worst that happens is that we have proof that we are not being listened to, and then as consumers we will speak in the most powerful way possible -- with our wallets, by taking our money elsewhere.

For me, I can only focus on one character at a time. As a Legacy customer I pay less per month, BUT I have the option to pay more money each month if I want additional character slots. Which I don't want or need. Since I had many items already stored up from my first day back in ARR that took up lots of space on my retainers, my storage space is at a premium. As my other classes slowly creep up to level 50, I will only acquire more and more gear that I cannot put in the Armoury. Glamours will mean that I will want to hunt down unique-looking pieces of gear so that I can apply them to my current outfits and still use them in combat. Couple that with crafting and... yeah, I'm hurting for space. I'm constantly trying to figure out what I want to keep or put up for auction. Crafting from stored materials even when I don't gain much XP from it just to get rid of it.

I will gladly give S-E more money per month for something that will make the game more convenient and less stressful to me in regards to storage space. I will never pay them for exclusive access to content outside of expansions, or services that give me a marked advantage in progression or leveling, because in my opinion those are the marks of a transition to a F2P game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kule Ito
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacien View Post
    Too many people are bitter close-minded people up in here.

I'm seeing stuff like: "*I* don't understand why people need more inventory space, *I* do things just fine."

Then people say: "Oh, I doubt it uses that much server space. They don't have to charge us." Freakin' please, I doubt you know what their server management is like over there.

And I really like the slippery slope idea people get that charging extra to use more server resources is leading this game to Pay to Win. Better get your tinfoil hats.

And when there's nothing left to whine about, you got people getting all spergy over spelling mistakes or editing posts or whatever. Y'all need to chill out.

It's like, damn. Just live with it. It's a god damn video game, people!
    I believe it's called freedom of speech.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Astralos View Post
    There are still the 4 Uma Kabutos, the Silver Snake Kabuto, the Thug's Mug, the Snowman gear...and something else I believe, but I can't recall right now. Those are all Unique and Untradable, yet cannot be stored.
    All of them were not from 1.0
    So you can store them after the 2.2 patch.

Between 2.2 and 2.3 should be the hatching-tide event the only saisonal event (if 2.3 come before the summer event)
    Egg-helms - storeable
    Egg-rings - storeable
    something else (maybe the spriggan headgear?) - not storeable until 2.3
    (0)
    Last edited by Felis; 03-23-2014 at 02:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Skyran Moon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Kule View Post
    I believe it's called freedom of speech.
    SE forums has drafted it's own bill of rights? Amazing!
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwryn View Post
    I swear, this forum will find fault with anything.

Puppies? Kittens? Curing cancer? Ending world hunger? Come on forums, find fault with these things, don't let me down now.

Player
    Character
    Avenol Siegfried
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 51
    I for one like the idea. They can have my money, I need more slots, lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dia Dumenos
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian74 View Post
    1.) $2 a month seems kinda high considering what you get. Are they trying to recoup monthly fees that the Legacy people got reduced rates on? Buying extra storage on other games is usually a one time thing.
    2.) If a company thinks that they can milk their customers with nickel and dime stuff they will... Vote with your $$$
    3.) Market this new retainer system how ever you want. Pay2Win goes hand-in-hand with this kind of stuff.
    4.) The only voice a company listens to is the one that goes "cha-ching!"
    5.) no comment
    6.) If FFXIV ever goes pay-2-win, SE has officially given up on it's fans.
    (4)
    WUB WUB

FFXI- Seraph

Player
    Character
    Attackat Muaddib
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Sorry, but IMHO WAY too many of you are bitching about $4/mo.

How much $$ is your time worth? Is it worth $10/hr, $20/hr? Or 20 hrs for ONLY $4?

Think people, think. With 4 retainers, all set out to perform basic item gathering, how much time will that free up from you doing what you should be doing as a level 50 player? Is all that time worth $4/mo? My answer is yes.

jc
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I thought $1 would be more reasonable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eisen Marduk
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    I'm not going to buy any additional retainer and I'm perfectly fine with this. Also to anyone saying SE is doing this to "recoup costs due to lower pricing for legacy subscriptions" obviously hasn't been around since the beginning of this game way back when. Paying for additional retainers has ALWAYS been in the cards
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Puro Strider
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lv 0
    a whopping $24 more per year..

brb $0.06 cents more per day

not sure if retarded or really retarded

that being said, no I don't support this.. gonna stick to my FC chest